• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morning Pic For Today...........Post A Pic around your place.....

JAG1

Very fun. Just have to gauge the weather and wind. 

0% chance of rain tomorrow so I am rolling into work in a stocking cap. lol. I chuckle when I exhale and my glasses fog up. 

Clear nights are awesome topless with all of the stars. 

• Owner
2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Very fun. Just have to gauge the weather and wind. 

0% chance of rain tomorrow so I am rolling into work in a stocking cap. lol. I chuckle when I exhale and my glasses fog up. 

Clear nights are awesome topless with all of the stars. 

I love going a step farther. My old favorite... Still own it but no longer running at the moment. 

DSCF0467.JPG

37 degrees this morning on the ride in to work. I was a froze turd when I got there even with windows up and heat cranked. 

Walking into work in my stocking cap and jacket zipped up to my chin I met the night xray tech leaving. She was in cut off jean shorts and flip flops. lol

I said Hi and chuckled. She looked at me like I was nuts but saw the jeep in the parking lot. She said I was crazy. I told her the ride home will be worth it. 

Edited by Ben
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fires in all directions with no relief in site

the first one is called the 416 fire near Durango about 25 miles to my east, about 5000 acre so far with 10% containment.

The second one about 20 miles to my west, it’s about 1500 acre and 90% contained

the last one just flared up today about 7 miles to my north east, nothing but wilderness and dry timber 

4AA4FBC9-ECBA-4586-8EAF-1239F2E8D1B8.jpeg

6CDC99EF-0311-4FEC-B158-7E1814C34DF9.jpeg

4B8C2079-74BB-4B0C-9C40-090E76081756.jpeg

• Owner

United States Forest Circus... :cookoo: I've got no love for them and they are not "fire fighters". They are "Fire Managers" in other words they are not in the business of putting the fire out but allowing the fire to burn and manage where it burns at. After working with US Forest Circus for over 12 years and fighting fires. I watch how these clowns play with back fires and poor management to create bad fire seasons. 

• Confused 1

Yes, CAL Fire is a joke...  The money they get annually is insane, the things they do with their equipment is ludicrous, and their process of fighting fires takes forever...seemingly intentionally.

CA spends massive amounts of money on CAL Fire paychecks.  I know people who are CAL Fire workers and if there's no fires in California they're freaking out from the loss of overtime income.  They literally base their annually salary on overtime wages.  And coincidentally.....there is ALWAYS a massive forest fire in the north state, if not many every year.  And they seemingly have all insight reasons of how they started too.  Lighting, cigarette, weed eaters, squirrels roasting nuts... etc.  Even if there's hardly ever lighting up here and no roads where the fires are.  Cant speak for the squirrels though...

Oh and...when their fire fighting task is over, they simply dig gigantic holes and bury all their shovels and chainsaws and other tools.  Otherwise they have to take it back with them and they wont get the state funds for new equipment.  Kinda depressing that this is how our tax dollars are spent.  This isnt even discussing the tax dollars spent to pay people for their equipment which sits idle on trailers every year during the fire seasons, just incase they need their added help over and above what CAL Fire is doing.  And the $1500 a month payment these people get come from a list which you have to know someone to get on too...

But hey...I dont want to turn this good thread of beautiful pictures into a political bash session. :thumb1:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Staff

How does anyone find out about something so hush hush? That they actually bury the equipment/ tools so they don't have to carry them out??

That's like having to trust criminals to protect our forests and our homes.:omg:Why can't we turn them in?

• Like 1

• Staff

What did you expect?  United States Forest Service and Cal Fire are government bureaucracies run with government workers spending OPM, other peoples money.   I've seen to much waste by government agencies, from school districts to the Feds.

On a lighter note:  some flowers that my son planted along some of the fence line.

IMG_3677.JPG.ce2b67f490bf01f361e9f440d9f89108.JPG     IMG_3670.JPG.cb99b363e3c7b59293e679bf963ea729.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

We've been having a lot of this lately, lots of flash floods.

20180621_115418.jpg.4da1b0b3fc69b5c821d3a784d4e7bca9.jpg

Dealing with that out my way, no flash flooding though. Trying to get my parking stoned and paved and the rain want leave us alone. But at least it aint flooding. What part of Iowa are you in?

40 minutes ago, dripley said:

Dealing with that out my way, no flash flooding though. Trying to get my parking stoned and paved and the rain want leave us alone. But at least it aint flooding. What part of Iowa are you in?

Between Cedar Rapids and Quad Cities I go back and forth a lot, the picture was taken by Coralville Lake

Edited by Dieselfuture

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Between Cedar Rapids and Quad Cities I go back and forth a lot, the picture was taken by Coralville Lake

I built a CFA out kind of out your way several years back in West Des Moines. 

• Like 1