• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have a dream...........

• Staff

For the money you could have gas Monkey garage build a super custom rig using your old truck.

Flip down hinge dash

Tank fill from either side of the truck

lift/ dump bed

Fuel tank access door

Proper build front end suspension

Custom paint custom interior

Manual Allison trans

the list goes on

Why buy new?:)

I was in a dealer ship 8 or 9 months ago for another reason, but went out on the lot to see if they had any of the 1/2 ton diesel. They had 2 of them and they both listed for $55k. They were both short beds. The were loaded though, but I can't imagine using on for work even with a long bed. Now I did find a 2500 long bed cummins and it listed for $48K decked out about like mine, nothing fancy but functional.

but retirement is coming on so who knows what might happen.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, dripley said:

I was in a dealer ship 8 or 9 months ago for another reason, but went out on the lot to see if they had any of the 1/2 ton diesel. They had 2 of them and they both listed for $55k. They were both short beds. The were loaded though, but I can't imagine using on for work even with a long bed. Now I did find a 2500 long bed cummins and it listed for $48K decked out about like mine, nothing fancy but functional.

I paid $60k for the one I am in now. Liked to had a heart attack when I bought the 02 and it listed for about $36. The payment on the truck was as much as the house except for the duration.

I am sure in the 90's and early 2000's the interest rates were not even close to 0 - 3% for vehicles either probably More like double that on the low end of the spectrum. But then one can finance this for near 10 years on vehicles now too were as 10+ years ago 4-6 years was a very long term on a vehicle. Heck look at the RV and boat market most loans there start at 10 years and go up from there, crazy.

One has to figure this into the cost as well if one finances a rig.

Edited by Wild and Free

I financed my last 5th wheel for 15 years + what i owed on the first one. That was a big mistake. I have not even tried to figure what that ended up costing me in the long haul. But last year  I took every extra dime I had and right now I only owe 1 full payment and about $150. I will pay it off 3 years and 8 months early. Oh happy day.

My interest rate back in 05 was 8%. adds up fast.

Edited by dripley

i pay cash for everything. i've been audited a few times for slapping down 10-25 grand in 100 $ bills. now i write a check and let the bank handle it. the feds don't like cash because they can't control it.

wife and i financed our first car together. before i was educated, through Santander at 16%:sick: after 4 years it still wasnt' 1/2 way paid off. we sold that and got a cheep 1990 ford Probe GT. saved the cash and got her a 2012 civic, saved more cash and got my truck's. house is paid for.

Dave Ramsey is a brilliant man to listen to.

• Like 2

Have not listened to Dave Ramsey but just got done doing a couple year research on my own financing direction and chose whole life as a fund I can use my own cash which is also able to work for me and gain value rather than sitting around doing nothing. I can borrow from myself and have an extra retirement fund as well as protection for my assets and wife.

There are so many benefits to a lot of whole life policies that most bankers brokers and even life insurance companies do not know how to harness and use them. One needs to find the right insurance agent for starters.

I have a local agent I have know for years who self educated in this and works closely with the man R Nelso Nash who has for years taught people how to use whole life to ones advantage.

Also known as the Infinite Banking system.

http://infinitebanking.org/about/

http://fiscalbridge.com/what-is-the-infinite-banking-concept/

13 minutes ago, Killer223 said:

book everyone should read, Modern money mechanics. read it a few times to let it sink in if need be. thanks for the link.

That is the same way Nash's book "Becoming your own banker" is, need to re read it to gain new things each time and to let it "Sink in" and then other things make sense.

• Like 1