• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

• Owner

Another thing learned for Mopar1973Man high idle and Quadzilla owners. Make sure you select OFF or MPG mode before rolling. If your using warm-up mode on Quadzilla it will lock to stock timing till the coolant temperature rises above the set point on the Quadzilla. It would be good reason to hook up the power leads and still the extra hole for the LED to shine through.

• Like 1

Man I wish I knew what you're talking about. .....All that automatic stuff, for some reason I always liked shifting gears. Maybe when I get older I'll change my mind. 

Definitely happy this quadzilla thing is working out for a lot of people, now that we're getting a hang of it, not sure how we did it before. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Man I wish I knew what you're talking about. .....All that automatic stuff, for some reason I always liked shifting gears. Maybe when I get older I'll change my mind. 

Definitely happy this quadzilla thing is working out for a lot of people, now that we're getting a hang of it, not sure how we did it before. 

Just turned 64 this month. Still like shifting gears. An auto is in the future if I find one at the right time. I wish I had known of the quad. Bought a Comp a few months before this new Quad came out. Aint life a B****!!!

• Like 1

I had some spare time after work today, so I did some WOT runs from a stop to try to start nailing down a decent tune. I have attached 2 logs and 2 videos. One set is Level 0, the other set is my preliminary daily driver tune on level 3.

Here's my hacked up dash and android head unit, haha.

IMG_20170330_214010-2064x1548.jpg.0f875e00162164df3263f16f305efc24.jpg

Here is the Level 0 Video and log:

kzimmer_Lvl0_Mar30_17.mp4

LEVEL 0iQuad-2017-03-30-06.58.412080200830.csv

And the Level 3 video and log:

kzimmer_Lvl3_Mar30_17.mp4

LVL 3 iQuad-2017-03-30-07.07.03442291080.csv

The video doesn't really do the smoke on level zero justice. It's ugly. I haven't picked apart the logs yet. Level 3 the smoke cleans up fairly well. Can't take it all away or spool up time suffers too much. However, after my WOT run on level 3, I got a rough, low idle as soon as I came close to a stop after I decelerated. Sounded pretty unhappy. Tough for me to describe but it sounds similar to a couple of the other fellas. Almost like it was struggling to keep running or at least maintain idle. This lasted for maybe 10-15 seconds at most, and it cleared up and ran fine after that. I think I blipped the throttle a little bit once which may have ended it. It should be caught in my level 3 log.

Here's Rev 1 of my DD tune. Thanks to whoever I copied the template from!

Power Levels: 9
RPM Limit: 3200

Maximum Valet Mode Power: 40%

Maximum Fuel Stretch: 1200
TPS Pump Maximum: 100%
TPS Pump Minimum: 50%
Minimum Pump Tap Fuel Percentage: 0%
Pump Low Boost Scale PSI: 25
Boost Scaling: 40

Max Load Timing Offset: 2
Low PSI Timing Reduct: 3.5
Timing Reduct Scaling: 100%
Cruise Timing Adv: 4

Cruise Timing Boost PSI Limit: 20
Timing vs rpm
1500: 15
2000: 18
2500: 22
3000: 24
Max: 26

PSI %: 67
PSI %: 68
PSI %: 68
PSI %: 69
PSI %: 70
10 PSI %: 71
11 PSI %: 72
12 PSI %: 74
13 PSI %: 76
14 PSI %: 78
15 PSI %: 80
16 PSI %: 82
18 PSI %: 86
20 PSI %: 90
22 PSI %: 96
24 PSI %: 102
26 PSI %: 108
28 PSI %: 114
30 PSI %: 120

That's all for now. I still need to rip through the logs and see if I can find anything interesting.

• Like 1

You can see the RPM floating around after I let off. Timing is doing something weird as well. It's sitting higher than normal. I don't know which one is reacting from the other. Canbus fueling is messing around as well. Did not include that on this chart but it's in the data.

RPM_TIMING.PNG.181f96f855a7b70e9033a033bf4ac3fa.PNG

Man that's a big improvement Thanks a ton for the videos !!   On your current tune how much snap throttle input can you use before you see smoke of any kind?  You might also try playing with the timing reduction some.  Rather than 3.5 try 1.5 does smoke get better or worse?   Then try 4* and see what happens. 

Some guys are reporting less smoke with more timing and some are reporting less smoke with less timing... I dunno I just coded it lol.

Do you feel it is possible to do a %100 clean tune if you ignore the lack of spool?  IE an emissions tune?  

Looking at the Grahp, TPS = 0 so the ecm is asking for that ( odd).  Mike struggled with this too and it ended up being tired injectors.    

Videos  on youtube

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

Man that's a big improvement Thanks a ton for the videos !!

Agreed, and no problem it's my pleasure, that was fun as hell!

On your current tune how much snap throttle input can you use before you see smoke of any kind?

That's tough, because no matter how much I snap from 0 tps, I get the same puff every time before the Quad "takes over". The LVL 3 video I gave a very feathered 2-5% ish throttle before I floored it to remove the puff for the video and for tuning, because it can be misleading.

You might also try playing with the timing reduction some.  Rather than 3.5 try 1.5 does smoke get better or worse?   Then try 4* and see what happens.

That's a good idea. I started at 4* first and 3.5 seemed to yield an improvement in smoke. I'll play more.

Do you feel it is possible to do a %100 clean tune if you ignore the lack of spool?  IE an emissions tune?

Yes, no problem, although it might get a little sluggish. That being said, I think I could get dangerously close to 100%, still destroy a stock truck, and pass emissions.

2 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Looking at the Grahp, TPS = 0 so the ecm is asking for that ( odd).  Mike struggled with this too and it ended up being tired injectors.    

Videos  on youtube

I hope I don't need injectors, these ones have less than 13,000 KMS on them. But they are cheap ish... I think I might take 0.5 - 1.0 degree timing off 2500 and 3500 rpms and see what happens. Thanks for putting it on YouTube, that's awesome!

If anyone is curious, 0-30PSI spool up time was 3.3 seconds on stock Level 0 smoke, and 4.0 seconds on my Level 3. Only a 0.7 second loss, so far. I think I can improve that still. Anybody with compounds have spool times logged? I'm very curious what the norm is.

-Kole

• Like 1

Here's an interesting snip from http://dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/FAQ/timing.htm. I can't remember if this information made it into this thread. This is based on Advancing/Retarding static timing on a P7100, but the same principles should apply to our dynamic adjust ability on the 24 valve engines. I could see myself playing for hours... days...weeks... I need a dyno.

Timing.PNG.73e9a44cb2c64fe129d1e3b6e1a58136.PNG

Awesome job on the tune and I wouldn't worry too much about the idle if I were you.  Mine has done it for years and can idle anywhere from 790-850 depending on the ambient temperature, truck temp, mood, etc..

Do you have an HO pump or an SO?

2 hours ago, Carbur8tr said:

Awesome job on the tune and I wouldn't worry too much about the idle if I were you.  Mine has done it for years and can idle anywhere from 790-850 depending on the ambient temperature, truck temp, mood, etc..

Do you have an HO pump or an SO?

Thanks, it's running pretty good. I'm exercising the boost limit at 45 psi now though... I can force an intentional slip in my trans at low rpm 55+ psi... And I just put the damn thing back in. Should have swapped in a manual. Oh well.

It's not so much the RPM I was worried about, but the rough off balance idle. I believe its an SO pump, unless someone replaced it at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

My quad BT then losing connection at random tryed different devices just does not want to connect, seems  to work for a while then just says cannot connect,  any ideas. It's under the hood with the quad box maybe that's why.

It says device connection lost.

Edited by Dieselfuture

Everything is spotless and I always use Dielectric grease, funny thing is I can pair and unpair with a device at any time so signal is getting through, but something fishy going on. I put it in a slightly different place under the hood see if it makes a difference

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:44 AM, Dieselfuture said:

Everything is spotless and I always use Dielectric grease, funny thing is I can pair and unpair with a device at any time so signal is getting through, but something fishy going on. I put it in a slightly different place under the hood see if it makes a difference

What device are you using? phone? tablet? I use a dedicated Android tablet velcroed to the sunvisor