• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck stolen

Sounds like the chop shop they found was full of mostly out-of-state vehicles.

It's been crazy up here. Minimum of 1-4 trucks a day stolen that I see on the facebook diesel pages.

My friends girlfriend's truck was stolen around 11am yesterday in broad daylight. It's an 05 6.0. They were using it to drive around and steal other trucks. They used it to steal at least 3. Lucky for her the head gaskets in it blew out and they ditched the truck at a towing business with minimal damage. The guys who stole it hopped in another stolen f350 and took off. 

I've come to accept the cops are useless in this and people are on their own. It's taking the thiefs less than 30 seconds to get into the fords and have them running if they're good. 

Sad to see.... wtf is this society coming to.

• Like 2

This society is pretty screwed up, I keep want to take my truck to Canada to go fishing, but every time I chicken out. It would sit for a week all by itself in middle of sh.thole town where locals don't have much for jobs and all of their yards look like sh.t. full of junk. There are few of them known for stealing but other are scared of doing anything about it. So we end up taking suburban most of time. People I go with make fun of me for not taking truck but they have no clue and are not willing to think. They're fun fishing with thought. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkez said:

How are the stealing them? and why do they need another vehicle to steal them? 

On the fords, the handle can be popped out and the unlock lever easily accessed, or they punch the keyhole mechanism in and lift the unlock lever.

Better to steal using a stolen vehicle than your own so if the plate gets run it doesn't come back to you, at least that's my assumption. These guys aren't amateurs. 

• Staff
1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

This society is pretty screwed up, I keep want to take my truck to Canada to go fishing, but every time I chicken out. It would sit for a week all by itself in middle of sh.thole town where locals don't have much for jobs and all of their yards look like sh.t. full of junk. There are few of them known for stealing but other are scared of doing anything about it. So we end up taking suburban most of time. People I go with make fun of me for not taking truck but they have no clue and are not willing to think. They're fun fishing with thought. 

This society is screwed up.... they wanna control guns but how are you going to do that if our borders aren't secure. People need to protect themselves/ families. Okay, then let our military might dwindle too then who's going to protect?

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

This society is screwed up.... they wanna control guns but how are you going to do that if our borders aren't secure. People need to protect themselves/ families. Okay, then let our military might dwindle too then who's going to protect?

UN and nwo, that's their hope. Too bad it will never work for thsee bastards. 

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Like 1

Before we get all hung up on "society is screwed up", remember, we are talking about a very small part of society.  While it is awful that anyone has had their vehicle stolen, that isn't an indicator that the world has all gone to hell.  I truly believe that there is so much good in the world, but it doesn't capture the attention of the news nor does it make on our social media.  Everyday people are working hard to selflessly serve others in an effort to help.  Take this forum, while it may be small, but great people generously offer advice and tips to those that are at their wits end with mechanical problems.  To those offering the information it may be small, but the receiver it may mean saving hundreds of dollars and fixing their truck.  Obviously in more populated areas there will be more concentrated crime.  I would never say turn a blind eye to it, but don't forget to give credit to all of the good that is going on.  There are so many GREAT people among us trying to make the world better, just their efforts are considered "small and insignificant" to so many and so we never hear about it.  just my thoughts.

Sorry for the rant, but negativity breeds negativity and there is already enough of that in the world. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Hawkez said:

Before we get all hung up on "society is screwed up", remember, we are talking about a very small part of society.  While it is awful that anyone has had their vehicle stolen, that isn't an indicator that the world has all gone to hell.  I truly believe that there is so much good in the world, but it doesn't capture the attention of the news nor does it make on our social media.  Everyday people are working hard to selflessly serve others in an effort to help.  Take this forum, while it may be small, but great people generously offer advice and tips to those that are at their wits end with mechanical problems.  To those offering the information it may be small, but the receiver it may mean saving hundreds of dollars and fixing their truck.  Obviously in more populated areas there will be more concentrated crime.  I would never say turn a blind eye to it, but don't forget to give credit to all of the good that is going on.  There are so many GREAT people among us trying to make the world better, just their efforts are considered "small and insignificant" to so many and so we never hear about it.  just my thoughts.

Sorry for the rant, but negativity breeds negativity and there is already enough of that in the world. 

In some part, you're right.  In some part, we need a kick in the pants.  

Thank God for Beer.  That is all I got today.  

• Like 3

Maybe the Phillapino president isn't such a wack job. He says to the people take up arms and kill the drug dealers... In a month 3,000 dead 16,000 arrested 700,000 self surrendered and the drug supply cut by 90%. 

This is extreme and I'm sure a lot of the killings were unjustified, just makes me wonder... 

If a few more dealers, thieves and other forms of low life scum of the earth were getting shot maybe people would think twice about taking up these professions. 

Sorry for the de-rail I just hate hearing about good people getting their lives turned upside down by some pos looking for a quick buck. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buzzinhalfdozen said:

Maybe the Phillapino president isn't such a wack job. He says to the people take up arms and kill the drug dealers... In a month 3,000 dead 16,000 arrested 700,000 self surrendered and the drug supply cut by 90%. 

This is extreme and I'm sure a lot of the killings were unjustified, just makes me wonder... 

If a few more dealers, thieves and other forms of low life scum of the earth were getting shot maybe people would think twice about taking up these professions. 

Sorry for the de-rail I just hate hearing about good people getting their lives turned upside down by some pos looking for a quick buck. 

:iagree: