• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Goodbye Edge Comp, Hello Quadzilla Adrenaline

Mopar1973Man

Ok thanks Mike. I'm sure one or both of them will see this and reply. I wouldn't really want to have to need windows because having to buy a copy to run on my mac would just be another headache/expense. Hopefully if there isn't mac software yet, there will be by the time I'm ready to buy. So @Quadzilla Power, these are my requests, mac software for the non computer literate guys like me, and some sort of buy back/credit for guys who trade in there current tuner :-) btw I have an almost new edge comp for sale lol :bolt:

You need a Windows box to flash tunes, but I don't think you would need to flash tunes.  All of the tuning can be done on the Android/ihone device.

Larger than stock injectors, regardless of size would benefit from the tuning.

Key thing to remember is it really doesn't take much extra fuel to flood the turbo down low and smoke.  Even Mike with his little 50hp injectors is using a starting point of 91% of stock.

• Like 1

• Owner
2 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Mike with his little 50hp injectors is using a starting point of 91% of stock.

So far, the tune is smoke free. Eventually we'll jump into the wire tap tuning and see how far we can stretch it out without smoking. Then take some effort and build a towing tune but that will most likely wait till spring.

• Like 1

• Owner

Currently there is a app problem. You should be able to do all the tuning on your phone or tablet and send it back to the module via bluetooth. There is a issue that doesn't exact work correctly. So I know Spencer and gang are hard at work attempting to resolve this bug.

So @Me78569 has been building my tunes and then sending them to me to flash back. This is one solution to the problem.

Yes, it does work just fine even on Ubuntu 16.04.1 Linux ran in a VirtualBox of Windows 7.

quadzilla.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Staff
On 9/11/2016 at 11:28 AM, Me78569 said:

Ah64ID,

We get that you like solid numbers to prove what you take as fact, but I am sure you can understand the feeling when the sudo hp and torque gauge wrapped around like it never has before.  That's exciting and good enough to report.  It's not exact and that is fine.  

Based on what I have been told how the OBDLink works with the 2nd gen trucks there isn't anything that can be derived from the torque gauge wrapping. Torque is based on fuel/rpms, and fuel is based on boost (correct me if I misunderstood), boost is based on TOO many variables to get anything out of it with a tuning change. (extreme, but I run about 3-4 psi less than I did 100% OEM and make over 100rwhp more at about 200° lower EGT's, my fuel flow is WAY up but the OBDLink would show less HP/TQ and wrap it slower, opposite of actual). 

Yes it's exciting and I'm not doubting that, but it's a very misleading gauge, so reporting it isn't very credible. 

Again, if I have misunderstood how the OBDLink gets fuel flow on the truck in question please correct me. 

I didn't bring up HP/TQ, I simply commented on an existing comment about it. 

We all know, or should know, that you don't add hp adders for your current gain, that's NEWB-101 stuff. It's not in the past, it's in this thread. Not sure what the past has to do with anything being discussed here. 

Edited by AH64ID

I can drop wiretap fueling back down to 7 psi rather than 10 that should help.  There also shouldn't me much, if any, more smoke due to this.  

Also the wiretap fueling comes on in stages.  at the low limit is doesn't go from 0 to 100 % it will do %150 of what you have set as your low limit % for the net 3 psi.  

So if you have your wiretap low set at 10psi and your low limit % is set to 0 then at 10psi you get %50 of the wiretap from the map.  At 13 psi you get %100 of what the map asks for.

Got a friend hooked on quad today for the 15min he rode in my truck. Showed him the smokey mess lvl 0 was then how clean and how much more powerful lvl 3 was. 

So we should have a stock 01 HO truck to do some testing on soon. It's got my old dual disc clutch, so it should hang on to anything we throw at it. Currently in the process of rebuilding his turbo and making it a lot harder to steal, then he should be buying a quad.

• Like 3

• Owner

From what I understand there is a bug in the Android app that prevents it from uploading to the Quadzilla Adrenaline properly. I know the crew for Quadzilla are working on resolving this problem very soon. You could use a cheap tablet to run the app as well. My problem is the tablet is running my OBDLink app and it bluetooth so I use my phone of the Quadzilla app and its bluetooth signal.

Speaking for Mr. Simplistic here. i have 2 driving styles, one unloaded driving mostly the interstates around 75 mph. Two towing at about 23k outbound to another job. Is the Quad capable of 2 good tunes with an easy switch swapped between my 2 situations without having to program thru a tablet, computer or other device? The comp is just a few button pushes and I can swap. Is that possible with the Quad? Simple question.

The quad allows you to build up 10 custom tunes on the phone itself with all of these setting s we are talking about.  

You can load this new tune on the fly and completely change how the truck drives. You do need a phone to select the tune though.

You also have the lvl adjustment on top of that , which is what you do with the comp.  

Edited by Me78569

12 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

From what I understand there is a bug in the Android app that prevents it from uploading to the Quadzilla Adrenaline properly. I know the crew for Quadzilla are working on resolving this problem very soon. You could use a cheap tablet to run the app as well. My problem is the tablet is running my OBDLink app and it bluetooth so I use my phone of the Quadzilla app and its bluetooth signal.

Mike what u talking about Android phones arnt working with the iquad BT or just in certain cases?

There is a bug in the iquad app that is being worked on to resolve.  Once the bug is fixed all the tuning will work from the phone.  It does now but it is unreliable when it tries to load your tuning into place so you get some things that don't update.