• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

• Owner
Just now, Raffron said:

My gauge doesn't move for 200 miles. Then it drops fast till it gets to 1/4 tank. Then it loses fuel pressure when accelerating.  I don't go past half on the qauge. It has done this since puchased. 

Any ideas?

Simple you can replace the sender on the fuel pickup in the tank to get accuracy back. 

As for the loss of fuel pressure someone cut the straw too short. There should only be the thickness of a quarter (coin) between the tip of the straw and the bottom of an empty tank. I've seen so many people screw up cut them diagonal or nearly an inch from the bottom.  

As you can see I've lightly notch my straw and it only the thickness of a quarter between the tip of the draw straw and the bottom.

Image result for mopar1973man drawstraw

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raffron said:

My gauge doesn't move for 200 miles. Then it drops fast till it gets to 1/4 tank. Then it loses fuel pressure when accelerating.  I don't go past half on the qauge. It has done this since puchased. 

Any ideas?

Not really a topic for this thread huh? Sorry boys.....

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Simple you can replace the sender on the fuel pickup in the tank to get accuracy back. 

As for the loss of fuel pressure someone cut the straw too short. There should only be the thickness of a quarter (coin) between the tip of the straw and the bottom of an empty tank. I've seen so many people screw up cut them diagonal or nearly an inch from the bottom.  

As you can see I've lightly notch my straw and it only the thickness of a quarter between the tip of the draw straw and the bottom.

Image result for mopar1973man drawstraw

Impossible, he’s using a sump.

My guess would be someone installed it either too far forward or just in an awkward spot and when accelerating, fuels moving to the back and away from the sump causing issues. It is a bit strange that you’re having pickup issues with the sump as I thought that’s why everyone was so in love with them. :think:

As far as fuel gauge moving very slowly then quickly, that sounds about right for these trucks. I typically see mine move right around 100 miles on the trip but that’s because I’m typically city driving. 

5 minutes ago, notlimah said:

As far as fuel gauge moving very slowly then quickly, that sounds about right for these trucks. I typically see mine move right around 100 miles on the trip but that’s because I’m typically city driving. 

Mines the same way. I normally get around 120 miles until the gauge starts to move. I generally hit 1/2” tank around 250-300 miles taking around 20 gallons to fill up. After half tank it feels like you could watch the gauge move if you stared at it while driving ? 

• Owner
11 hours ago, Youngblood24v said:

Mines the same way. I normally get around 120 miles until the gauge starts to move. I generally hit 1/2” tank around 250-300 miles taking around 20 gallons to fill up. After half tank it feels like you could watch the gauge move if you stared at it while driving ? 

Man, I'm glad those days are behind me. Still roughly hitting 21-22 MPG... (735 to 770 miles to a tank)

Full mark by ~100 miles. 

3/4 mark by ~225 miles.

1/2 mark by ~350 miles. 

Typically filling back up by this point. Rare for me to run to the bottom of the tank. Too far between towns and most up here are getting upward of $3.409 and $3.509 per gallon for diesel. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

@Mopar1973Man

Did you get your 27mpg mark with the comp box you had before?

I know the quad allows a lot of customizing and smoke control (the smoke control I can appreciate greatly), but it seems like it hasnt paid off at least when it comes to high mpg numbers.

I'm running the ez for now, plan to upgrade hopefully this summer either comp or quad, I have seen close to 22, just yesterday was 21.5 from here to Spokane cruising 70. 

My dad has a 99. He swears he has seen 26, and he isn't a bs kind of guy. He has done nothing to his truck besides a clutch. Bone stock.

• Owner
2 minutes ago, Alexio Auditore said:

Did you get your 27mpg mark with the comp box you had before?

Stock HX35W turbo, +50 HP injectors, Edge Comp (5x3), Straight piped 3" exhaust.

So far with the Quadzilla I've hit 22 MPG but the weather is still very cold in the morning hours which hurts the MPG's. Optimally 70-90*F weather is best and hitting at least 100*F IAT right off. 

On 5/5/2018 at 3:13 PM, Me78569 said:

Also worth noting a different vp44.  Mike's old pump could have been a freak pump

I think you got a really good point, not all pumps are the same. It's no wonder they say your pump is wearing out when your MPGs start to drop. I've been wanting to change my VP ever since I got the truck because I had symptoms like it was going out, but with all the mods I did since then thanks to this site, it seems to be doing good aside from constant  MPG. For a while I wished I had a death code for the pump so I wouldn't be second-guessing it, just didn't want to change it out for no reason.

At the same time I think with summer fuel and warmer temps it went up from averaging 16 17 to 19 20 driving with an egg between pedal and floor. No chicken jokes please, I think dripley had enough picking on lately. 

On 5/4/2018 at 1:10 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Currently, there is a issue with the math on getting speed from the tire size and gears. I wished iQuad had an option to just pass the stock signal along. Like my truck, the odometer and the speedometer are right on the mark and should show 55 MPH when I'm traveling 55 MPH but it shows 57-58 MPH

There is a way to get the exact speed that the J1939 bus reports. You have to set your tire size to 95.7 and it will give you exactly what is reported.

• Owner
1 minute ago, Quadzilla Power said:

You have to set your tire size to 95.7 and it will give you exactly what is reported.

I'll give that a try... Another one of those hidden secrets like the timing trick with everything shut off. 

@Quadzilla Power since I've got your attention this morning why is it that you create a new custom tune the values are all very wild and unusable? Why not at least have a default tune load up or something of usable value.

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'll give that a try... Another one of those hidden secrets like the timing trick with everything shut off. 

@Quadzilla Power since I've got your attention this morning why is it that you create a new custom tune the values are all very wild and unusable? Why not at least have a default tune load up or something of usable value.

It is supposed to pull the default values, or at least the values that are already loaded onto the box. However, its less successful on the Android front than on the Apple app. There is a bug somewhere in the communication system when reading stuff back during the automated pre-load of values where stuff just doesn't come in right. We've gone over it several times and can't track it down. For loading the tunes, we do several checks to make sure that we get it right on the way down, hence the delay that wasn't there before when loading a tune.

I'm looking into the odometer thing now. I would much prefer to use the ECU's odometer than trying to calculate our own based off of time and MPH. It might be beneficial to some degree, but if you are running different than stock tire sizes and have it corrected in the ECU its better to pull from that than trying to figure out how to do it on our side. 

• Owner

Like myself, I'm using @Chris O. CCD Network tool to set my rev/mile on the ABS computer. Basically, anyone with a Smarty S-03 or Smarty UDC should be able to use this to correct for tire size difference. It would be nice to have the odometer feature added as a pass-thru at this point and be able to calculate AVG MPG

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner
Just now, Dieselfuture said:

Can you explain please 

Basically turn all timing settings to 0. Then go to the sliders and the slider are now +value over stock timing from the ECM. This way you can basically do like the older tuners use the ECM timing and +value of each slider on top of stock ECM timing. So if you slide up 1 on the 1500 band then you'll get +1 timing to whatever the ECM is providing in the 1500 realm.

• Thanks 1

there isn't an issue with the math, it is just that your tires true circumference is not able to be calculated by the generic tire size.  

One OEM's 234/85/16 might be .5" taller than another 235/85/16.  That will result in a big difference in  circumference.   That is why it is somewhat fuzzy math.  You need to trial and error the true rolling circumference of your tire.

If you want to use the truck signal just set your circumference to 95.7 

• Thanks 1