• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Birthday present came...

Mopar1973Man

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Owner

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SH3MU0U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

UDI U818A WiFi FPV RC Quadcopter Drone with HD Camera RTF - VR Headset Compatible - Headless Mode, Low Voltage Alarm, Gravity Induction - Includes BONUS BATTERY + Power Bank (Quadruples Flying Time) - FAA Registration NOT Required

• Staff

In reading more on the FAA's webpage I have found contradicting information. Some states that ALL UAV users must have a license, and other states that recreational pilots don't need a license. 

There are a whole bunch of rules that apply regardless of recreational or commercial flight. 

" A person operating a small UAS must either hold a remote pilot airman certificate with a small UAS rating or be under the direct supervision of a person who does hold a remote pilot certificate (remote pilot in command). "

Edited by AH64ID

• Owner

Mine is not commercial use. I'm not for hire so I'm not going to even worry about. I'm under the weigh limit for requirement so I'm not going to worry. As for use I'm out in the middle of nowhere. I'm not like the other yeah whos that fly their drones in a city and crash them into building, other vehicles and people. The most I can do is lose my drone to a tree.  

I look forward to firewood season in the spring. I'll be able to drive to an area and the just fly the drone to check for dead trees I can harvest. Again its not like I'm going to be flying thousand feet in the air, or beyond my line of eye sight. 

15 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

Attitudes like that are why the UAV rules are getting stricter all the time. 

I hate idiot drone owners as well, but it doesn't sound like he is going to be irresponsible... All line of sight and so on.  As long as it is line of sight it isn't any different than an old school RC plane. 

Congrats on the gift mike!  

• Like 1

Just be careful that you aren't up there scouting for wood during hunting session, the DOW / DNR won't take kindly to that haha.  

I thought a drone was a great idea for scouting elk, but apparently they don't agree with me :) ( I obviously never tried, but others have)

Edited by Me78569

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

That is correct. The headlight will flash in headless like mine does. The thing is headless mode you can yaw the craft in any direction then it should fly still the same way in relation to the way to launched from. With headed mode if you yaw the craft the controls are now in the relationship of the head of the craft.