• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ban diesel vehicles by 2025

KATOOM

10 hours ago, KATOOM said:

Why?  Because your future is diesel, or you "are" the future of diesel, or diesel is your future, or you foresee something related to diesel in the future, or diesel "is" the future.....  The possibilities are endless. :whistle2:

I was thinking that diesel will be the way to go in future, efficiency, power, longevity etc. So yeah, I guess I was wrong as usual. They're going to have to pry my truck from my dead cold hands, just like my guns that will be protecting it :gun:

• Like 3

A .223 at 50 yards has about 1094 ft/lb's of force.

A truck at 60mph has about 392,000 ft/lb's of force.

A pencil has less than 1 ft/lb of force.

They're all as dangourous as the user.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, IBMobile said:

There for the educated, well trained people of the German and Japanese Armies in WW II had guns and were not dangerous?   

That depends on which side you are on....

All I'm saying is, I prefer to be around someone who knows the "every gun is loaded" rule and has been taught how to handle / fire the weapon rather than a person with no education.

Like at school, there a former Marine in one of my classes (you'd never know though) and I've seen him with a concealed weapon. Most people don't see it, but I notice those things. It doesn't frighten me at all considering I know he knows how to handle the weapon properly. Now if I saw some nerdy kid with braces that struggles to pick up his backpack with a weapon, I would be concerned without knowing his education. 

• Like 1

• Owner
18 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Now if I saw some nerdy kid with braces that struggles to pick up his backpack with a weapon, I would be concerned without knowing his education

I might resemble that comment... Nerdy kid with braces. Yes, I was a light weight (in jr. high I weighed 118 pounds), thin as a rail, wearing braces and shooting .22 rifles.

I would have to say your comment is not valid...

1 hour ago, TFaoro said:

Like at school, there a former Marine in one of my classes (you'd never know though) and I've seen him with a concealed weapon. Most people don't see it, but I notice those things. It doesn't frighten me at all considering I know he knows how to handle the weapon properly. Now if I saw some nerdy kid with braces that struggles to pick up his backpack with a weapon, I would be concerned without knowing his education.

46 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I might resemble that comment... Nerdy kid with braces. Yes, I was a light weight (in jr. high I weighed 118 pounds), thin as a rail, wearing braces and shooting .22 rifles.

I would have to say your comment is not valid...

Because you only took part of my comment into consideration. I did say at my school (well not explicitly but it was definitely inferred), which is one of the top ranking engineering colleges in the nation. It's located in the city with some of the nerdiest little weirdos who need a safe space. 

Now if I was back home and saw that I wouldn't think twice. Tons of people have them hanging in the rear window of their vehicles and most are taught to handle them properly by their parents. 

• Owner

I was never in the military. I never had training by my parents. I was taught by a good friend on the weekends and went out into the desert of California for target practice. I live near the worse neighborhoods that gang violence was common place and shootings. I could tell all kinds of stories of gang violence and shoot and weapons I've seen through my teenage years.

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I was never in the military. I never had training by my parents. I was taught by a good friend on the weekends and went out into the desert of California for target practice. I live near the worse neighborhoods that gang violence was common place and shootings. I could tell all kinds of stories of gang violence and shoot and weapons I've seen through my teenage years.

And thus my point is proven :thumbup2: You were taught, and I'm sure I'd be comfortable around you with a weapon.

I highly doubt any gang members were trained in any fashion. They were probably just told to point and shoot. 

I don't know how this thread went from banning diesel to fire arm safety.  :think:   But I guess it could be related in a round about way.

I think any kid who even thinks about picking up a fire arm should complete an approved hunter ed class . Or at least have a qualified parent or mentor to start with the basics. I sat through the hunter ed class with my kids and my youngest just completed the online course and I even learn something  each time.  The online course was more in depth than the  class room course I was really impressed. I know thier  a lot of adults out thier that could use a refresher  course too. Anyway thier is just no exception when it comes to fire arm safety and responsibility.   But anyway back on topic.  Just venting  (lol). 

• Like 1

Dang guys.....  Where did this thread go awry? 

And are any of "us" really arguing about this? :doh:

We all know diesels are fantastic motors which are simply being targeted by the ongoing libtard EPA movement who simply want the impossible from society.....and if they cant get that then more money from taxpayers appears to suffice.

And we all also know that guns are not the problem but rather those who use them irresponsibly or with bad intentions.  If I thought there was a chance any members here didn't feel this way then I'd have reservations, but I know we are ALL a good bunch of peeps.

So stop the arguing and grab your pitchforks and torches..... :thumbup2: