• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

"New" ECM Works Good

I installed my "new" remanufactured ECM on my '99 CTD 4x4 this morning

I had the issue of, Key on, Boot up delay. Delayed 'wait to start' light and lift pump. Ive had the problem for 4-5 years and it was getting worse, longer boot up delay

So after the Install...It is working great so far.

I ran a few errands and the ECM boots right  up,

WTS light comes on first immediately and I can immediately crank the starter and it fires up immediately. The truck actually feels alittle crisper responce too

After quit a bit of research and alot of calling around, recommendations and good reviews from vendors and mechanic shops I went with a Flight Systems Remanufactured ECM who started a Partner company Reman Auto Electronics(RAE Diesel) to sell to the general public. When I called them,, several times,, they always have good tech help to answer any questions. Seemed like a good company

https://www.fseg.net/

https://www.remanautoelectronics.com/

I discovered them through Gomers US Diesel Parts http://usdieselparts.com/i-22169855-ecu-ecm-98-5-99-dodge-5-9l-cummins.html and a Cummins Mechanic that recommended them

So I took a chance and Ordered from RAE

So far so good , For now, (cross my fingers), I Recommend them as a good place to order a ECM from, It needs a few months with no issues test.......

Rick

Happy Truck

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

Edited by GSP7
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Flight systems is local to me here. We use them at work for our many Hyster forklift electronic repairs. I had checked the website a while back to see if they offer ECM repair and at that time I don't think they did. That was probably before they partnered with RAE. I'm glad to hear about this because Flight Systems seems to be a very good company that has given us great service over the years, and being only 2 hours away is nice too. Thanks for the update.

I sent pepsi71ocean a PM couple days ago, He must be busy

After 4-5 years of delayed WTS light and delayed Boot up and worried about the ECM completely dying,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It sure is nice to have my truck ECM working right again......I pretty much forgot what its like to have it work right

Now my WTS light goes on before I even open the drivers door and stick the key in :thumb1:

Edited by GSP7

1 hour ago, GSP7 said:

Now my WTS light goes on before I even open the drivers door and stick the key in :thumb1:

And this is why you should send your old ECM my way so i can figure out the issue and fix it before the new one will blow your doors away:ahhh:

• Haha 1

Yeah just kidding,,, The WTS light goes on immediately though, before any other lights

53 minutes ago, Chris O. said:

And this is why you should send your old ECM my way so i can figure out the issue and fix it before the new one will blow your doors away:ahhh:

Id like to learn more about ECMs and programing and what causes the issue with my old one. Obviously some electronic part is damaged in it

They told me they go through each ecm and replace and upgrade all known parts that go bad, then test to see if anything else is bad etc. They just dont repair what is wrong with a particular ECM, they Remanufacture it completely and upgrade the software

With my new ECM they also sent a Test sheet passed print out of several functions. They also Upgraded the ECM's Software to J90267.06. Old s/w was J90267.01

Edited by GSP7

On 12/13/2017 at 9:53 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Also, contact @pepsi71ocean and have him add the business to his listing for good ECM / PCM suppliers. 

Mike is there a way to update my table on the webpage, it won't let me add rows to it. I'm assuming I am doing something wrong here.

20 hours ago, GSP7 said:

I sent pepsi71ocean a PM couple days ago, He must be busy

After 4-5 years of delayed WTS light and delayed Boot up and worried about the ECM completely dying,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It sure is nice to have my truck ECM working right again......I pretty much forgot what its like to have it work right

Adding it as we speak once mike gets back to me

Updated the table and website information.

Edited by pepsi71ocean