• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

9 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I wanted a hybrid like the one @Mopar1973Man has but by the time I was going to combine parts and pay for them all I ended up having one built for me by

http://www.northamericanturbo.com  (Zach is who I delt with, nice guy) thanks to @jlbayes for pointing me there. 

I spent  $800 and gave him extra $100 for a core so I kept my old one as a spear. And that way I didn't have to wait as long, heck I talked with him Monday I believe and Thursday I had it, but I'm not that far ether.

There's all his pricing info and where he got it. I cannot speak for the spooling of his turbo however. 

The link you posted will be fairly laggy with stock injectors. Also, to option that turbo to be a drop-in model (2nd Gen cover, 12 cm gated housing), the price rises to 1,360, and you would still need a HX40 downpipe. 

Edited by trreed
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, trreed said:

There's all his pricing info and where he got it. I cannot speak for the spooling of his turbo however. 

The link you posted will be fairly laggy with stock injectors. Also, to option that turbo to be a drop-in model (2nd Gen cover, 12 cm gated housing), the price rises to 1,360, and you would still need a HX40 downpipe. 

Defiantly mor cost than the cw already.

The answer has already been given.  why do you want to turn off the quadzilla? 

7 x .009's will work fine with the turbo but 7 x .010's are a nearly perfect match for a he351cw. without any tuning they will push the turbo to a very sweet spot in the map with room for more fuel, AKA tuning.    Going with 7 x .009's vs 7 x .010 means you are going to have to push the tuning harder for the same resulting power.  

7 x .010's will give you more useable torque across the entire rpm band with 0 down fall. 

2 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

The answer has already been given.  why do you want to turn off the quadzilla? 

7 x .009's will work fine with the turbo but 7 x .010's are a nearly perfect match for a he351cw. without any tuning they will push the turbo to a very sweet spot in the map with room for more fuel, AKA tuning.    Going with 7 x .009's vs 7 x .010 means you are going to have to push the tuning harder for the same resulting power.  

7 x .010's will give you more useable torque across the entire rpm band with 0 down fall. 

The main reason for turning off the qaud would be in winter because the torque would make it spin like crazy everywhere. But I guess with v2 I can turn everything down right?

you use your right foot to control how much power you want.   if you want %20 throttle you use %20 throttle, if you want %50 throttle you use %50 throttle.   

If the tune you build is too aggressive then you build a new tune with a less violent ramp up in fueling.   you dont want to use levels once you get your tune dialed in.  I have not switched power levels in months.

the Quadzilla will make the truck easier to drive by controlling the fueling, stock will be harder to control.  with 7 x .010's you will prob start your tune out at %90 of oem power, this means leaving the light the truck will be less aggressive with the quadzilla on vs quadzilla off.

I have 7 x .012's a he351ve that will build 15+ psi at 1500 rpm and bald tires and I am not dying.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

you use your right foot to control how much power you want.   if you want %20 throttle you use %20 throttle, if you want %50 throttle you use %50 throttle.   

If the tune you build is too aggressive then you build a new tune with a less violent ramp up in fueling.   you dont want to use levels once you get your tune dialed in.  I have not switched power levels in months.

the Quadzilla will make the truck easier to drive by controlling the fueling, stock will be harder to control.  with 7 x .010's you will prob start your tune out at %90 of oem power, this means leaving the light the truck will be less aggressive with the quadzilla on vs quadzilla off.

I have 7 x .012's a he351ve that will build 15+ psi at 1500 rpm and bald tires and I am not dying.

Hehe I like the sounds of this! Haha I think your right about everything. Should have listened to you in the first place cuase I’m sure you know more than I do! 

I have been messaging @TFaoro and he gave a link for a spring powered wastegate. What do you think about that?

• Staff

You asked about a spring wastegate. They are popular on the HE351's because they open the WG based on drive pressure and not on boost pressure. This will keep the DP lower and flow a little more exhaust sooner.

Which wheels are commonly used in the 35/40 hybrid?

• Staff
2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Well... I'm not going to tear mine down for measurements. Sorry, that's the best I can provide at this time. 

They should be available from the vendor. I'm pretty sure it's the HE351 compressor wheel and the HE351VE turbine wheel.