• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Running board pics!

• Staff

I hear the running boards get too much dirt piled up on top so its better to go with the bars instead. Both my trucks have bars and I like the dull aluminum over shiney polish crome. I take steel wool to brighten up the aluminum once in awhile.

Mine are the cheap factory nerf bars that a lot of folks don't like so they are cheap on Craigslist, but they are a larger diameter heavy gauge aluminum tubing. I like them.

Edited by JAG1

I got mine 6 or 7 years ago while in Iowa working. I believe off of ebay but dont remember for sure. They were inexpensive and still holding up well. I actually dont use mine to get in and out but others have to. I do stand on them occasionally and they hold me up fine at 215#. 

• Staff
17 minutes ago, dripley said:

I got mine 6 or 7 years ago while in Iowa working. I believe off of ebay but dont remember for sure. They were inexpensive and still holding up well. I actually dont use mine to get in and out but others have to. I do stand on them occasionally and they hold me up fine at 215#. 

You usually just fly in don't you?

• Owner

Image result for 2002 dodge mopar1973man

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 has the factory flat running boards. I hate this version The underside packs with snow really bad and your constantly washing the using side off. The top side is very slick in wet or snowy conditions. More than once have I landing back in the seat or on the ground because of these running boards. The metal hardware is taking a beating from all the salt and mud. 

2002 Dodge Ram 2500 has the Bully nerf bars. I like these because the will not hold mud or snow it just falls off. The steps you still got to be careful of the plastic steps will give traction for the most part and help prevent falling or slipping but over the years the sun has cooked the plastic and now breaking apart. The chrome tube is very resistant to mud and salt and never really showing any signs of rust or failure yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Image result for 2002 dodge mopar1973man

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 has the factory flat running boards. I hate this version The underside packs with snow really bad and your constantly washing the using side off. The top side is very slick in wet or snowy conditions. More than once have I landing back in the seat or on the ground because of these running boards. The metal hardware is taking a beating from all the salt and mud. 

2002 Dodge Ram 2500 has the Bully nerf bars. I like these because the will not hold mud or snow it just falls off. The steps you still got to be careful of the plastic steps will give traction for the most part and help prevent falling or slipping but over the years the sun has cooked the plastic and now breaking apart. The chrome tube is very resistant to mud and salt and never really showing any signs of rust or failure yet.

Mike thats an awesome picture! i plan to go with the nerf bar polished style. Not sure if i will find something on ebay or get from rock auto?

• Thanks 1

My nerf bars are Lund I think. They were on truck when I bought it. I like them not only for making it easier to get in but I also stand up on them when getting out which saves sliding off the edge of the seat which will hopefully help save the seat foam/cover. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Royal Squire said:

My nerf bars are Lund I think. They were on truck when I bought it. I like them not only for making it easier to get in but I also stand up on them when getting out which saves sliding off the edge of the seat which will hopefully help save the seat foam/cover. 

My driver seat tips way to the left I’m used to it but I want to fix it. 

Guest 04Mach1

Cheap eBay Nerf bars here. I put these on about 6 years ago. They are pretty stout and have held up to 5 Denver,  CO winters where mag chloride / salt is plentiful.MVIMG_20171124_170956.jpg.fd96d5db60bd9b8edf9af0861e0abd46.jpg