• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Best tuner for 24v

Sweet, quadzilla it is. Which kicks *** because I'm all about Android and all the goofy stuff you can do with the program. 

I should mention my truck has an nv4500 with a sb dd clutch.I had it rebuilt and upgraded by superstick transmission out of Manor, TX. Cody is a great guy, real informative. Transmission shifts ok, I think I need to replace all the bushings in the clutch linkage, and possibly bleed the system.

I need to edit my signature but have no clue how. Eh, I'll figure it out. 

But thanks to all of you for the information. It's nice to actually see people helping for a change. 

8 minutes ago, Ravewolf said:

Transmission shifts ok, I think I need to replace all the bushings in the clutch linkage, and possibly bleed the system.

What bushings do you speak of? It is all hydraulic other than the pedal bushings.

• Owner
1 hour ago, Quadzilla Power said:

@Mopar1973Man wrote up a good article on how to tune. Its much better than mine. 

Mine (blatantly stolen from @Me78569) is linked here: 

http://quadzillapower.com/adrenaline-custom-tuning-guide/

Mike can probably link his guide a lot faster than I can find it. It is much better as well. 

I found it: 

I'm planning on adding more. I've been playing with timing pretty deeply and now I've got a good idea on how to detect too retarded and too advanced. Also figured out some ways to pull a very deep retard and build boost fast and jump back to high cruise timing. More to be added to that article soon. 

@Quadzilla Power Thank you for the comments! I'll try to make it even better!

6 hours ago, int3man said:

And does it have a Trans Temp option? 

Thanks

O.K.  Well some how between being sent the link and ordering I ended up with a 2003 iQuad instead of the 2001 that I wanted.  So they were kind enough to exchange it.  Now back to waiting game.  The sad part is  I just got the truck out of the body shop.  I'm adding the Fuel pressure sensor.  I think it's important.

Thanks All

Michael

• Owner

When you add your fuel pressure sensor don't put it in at the tap point. Remote mount the sensor. It's not the engine vibration that kills the sensor its the water hammer pulses. Easy way to see this is being a room with the TV cranked up loud. You move away from the loud sounds to protect your hearing. Something with your pressure sensor don't hook it up to the VP44 where the source of the pulses come from.

iss-pro-fuel-pressure-sender.jpg.8786ebf

Informative thread, certainly made my mind up on which tuner but still out on whether i need one in the first place.

Quad = £700 to £750 landed in UK easy due to shipping, import duty and VAT at 20% on the whole lot 

Truck = bone stock except for BHAF and a fuel pump (forgot which... before me, might be FASS). truck is auto and only feels as though it's on it in lockup, more load the happier it is but most of the time it's not in lockup, at the moment I tow nothing, I don't pay for fuel and use the truck on a sunday if I'm lucky,  I have no need to break anything on the truck, for one it will always be expensive to fix here in the UK and for two I fix stuff 70 hours a week at work so I prefer not to at home. Thats about the downsides

Upsides... not too many as far as I can see (for me right now)

1.valet tune.... but most people here are scared ******less of it, even MOT tester won't get in it and by law he's supposed to

2. I may get more MPG

3. I would be able to see fuel pressure, boost, trans temp and EGT as It has no gauges at present

not sure on any other upsides

for me I think the plan is fuel system front to back, I have fitted a CAT diesel filter head but need to change it for a CAT head that uses a radial seal filter with water trap as thats better than what I have now which is a flat faced seal and no water trap then remount the fuel pump at the tank instead of the block and go bigger over standard on the fuel lines then deal with the trans BEFORE any tuners.

As for gauges I have a CAT engine test panel with all the gauges inc boost,vac, oil,fuel, trans temp etc all on hard lines but it's just not the right shape for the truck, could go old school Mopar and stick em in a row on scuttle panel in front of screen OUTSIDE LOL

One thing I will add the ££ isn't a problem the tax is,  thoughts anyone ??  and for reference where I live I can drive on roads where both wheels are on the grass with the road just in the middle,

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wil440 said:

Informative thread, certainly made my mind up on which tuner but still out on whether i need one in the first place.

Quad = £700 to £750 landed in UK easy due to shipping, import duty and VAT at 20% on the whole lot 

Truck = bone stock except for BHAF and a fuel pump (forgot which... before me, might be FASS). truck is auto and only feels as though it's on it in lockup, more load the happier it is but most of the time it's not in lockup, at the moment I tow nothing, I don't pay for fuel and use the truck on a sunday if I'm lucky,  I have no need to break anything on the truck, for one it will always be expensive to fix here in the UK and for two I fix stuff 70 hours a week at work so I prefer not to at home. Thats about the downsides

Upsides... not too many as far as I can see (for me right now)

1.valet tune.... but most people here are scared ******less of it, even MOT tester won't get in it and by law he's supposed to

2. I may get more MPG

3. I would be able to see fuel pressure, boost, trans temp and EGT as It has no gauges at present

not sure on any other upsides

for me I think the plan is fuel system front to back, I have fitted a CAT diesel filter head but need to change it for a CAT head that uses a radial seal filter with water trap as thats better than what I have now which is a flat faced seal and no water trap then remount the fuel pump at the tank instead of the block and go bigger over standard on the fuel lines then deal with the trans BEFORE any tuners.

As for gauges I have a CAT engine test panel with all the gauges inc boost,vac, oil,fuel, trans temp etc all on hard lines but it's just not the right shape for the truck, could go old school Mopar and stick em in a row on scuttle panel in front of screen OUTSIDE LOL

One thing I will add the ££ isn't a problem the tax is,  thoughts anyone ??  and for reference where I live I can drive on roads where both wheels are on the grass with the road just in the middle,

My truck had the superchips programmer fitted for 12 years with no gauges etc it made a nice improvement over stock. I'm in the UK and would sell if you are interested as im going to go for a iquad since im running injectors lift pump etc now. Also if you do get an iquad you can always adjust fueling so it will burn clean and is irrelevant to MOT being diesel. 

Also know someone else here in the UK selling a smarty so3 he wants 450 for it in new condition.

11 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

You guys in UK with these trucks must feel like giants trying to get through your streets. 

? it can be 'interesting' at times. But wouldn't change a thing about it. Have you seen how small our trucks are you cant even fit a motocross bike in the bed of one properly.. 

On 11/4/2018 at 5:38 PM, Ronniemx3 said:

My truck had the superchips programmer fitted for 12 years with no gauges etc it made a nice improvement over stock. I'm in the UK and would sell if you are interested as im going to go for a iquad since im running injectors lift pump etc now. Also if you do get an iquad you can always adjust fueling so it will burn clean and is irrelevant to MOT being diesel.  

Also know someone else here in the UK selling a smarty so3 he wants 450 for it in new condition. 

I think It would be a quad if I decided to get any. Where in uk are you ? Im in leicestershire just off J23 M1.

On 11/5/2018 at 12:18 PM, Dieselfuture said:

You guys in UK with these trucks must feel like giants trying to get through your streets.  

Like driving in teeny weeny town sometimes.  also got a 3500 and thats hard. Car parks are a no either height barriers are too low or a jobsworth traffic warden handing out on the spot fine for tyres outside the bay markings or cars park so close you cant open the doors.

Eu/jap trucks sold here are a joke, at the mopar euronats here a few years ago I bet a load of eu pickup owners that if they tied 2 of them to the back of my 3500 I'd be able to drag them round the carpark like balls on chains..... no one stepped up ? when parked behind all uk cars/pickups the only thing NOT visible out of the side mirrors is the chrome grill on the ram?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, wil440 said:
On 11/4/2018 at 5:38 PM, Ronniemx3 said:

smarty so3 he wants 450 for it in new condition. 

I think It would be a quad if I decided to get any. Where in uk are you ? Im in leicestershire just off J23 M1.

Im located at Dartford 10 mins for QE2 bridge.. but willing to post and take videos tuning my truck