• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

47re died this morning

Well my 47re decided to start making noises and lose reverse this morning. 

Im in the UK and going to need a complete trans or rebuild kit inc TC shipped to the UK my power goal will be 450-500hp who will people reccomend for my needs. Hoping not to spend more than around 3500USD.

Thanks guys 

If you’re planning on 450-500hp you’re definitely going to want a triple disc. Most trans builders recommend a triple even with stock power rebuilds. If you’re trying to save money the HD flex plate wouldn’t be absolutely necessary given your current one is still in good shape.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after speaking to around 20 shops/builders ? i ended up getting the fire punk comp rebuild kit with billet input (1600USD)

triple disc converter and HD flex plate for (1650USD) 

I stripped my OD housing this week and found a snap ring completely missing and the wave snap ring damaged.

New parts should be here over the xmas period hopefully the new set up should be solid.

I do have 1 question to anyone who builds trans what tollerance should i set the end play to using the billet input shaft? Or should i just use the atsg manual for all tollerances. 

Thanks everyone

On the shipping it's a shame more companies don't list on ebay as the global shipping program is so cheap it's unreal, I sent a box maybe 24"x18"x12 containing a complete blade levelling kit for a dozer/grader must have weighed 40 to 50lbs for £25 to Texas, It was collected from me and then sent to a site about 40 miles from me then off to texas, took about a week, then I had a radio antenna sent this way and the cost was $100 but USPS... GSP via ebay is a no brainer

8 minutes ago, wil440 said:

On the shipping it's a shame more companies don't list on ebay as the global shipping program is so cheap it's unreal, I sent a box maybe 24"x18"x12 containing a complete blade levelling kit for a dozer/grader must have weighed 40 to 50lbs for £25 to Texas, It was collected from me and then sent to a site about 40 miles from me then off to texas, took about a week, then I had a radio antenna sent this way and the cost was $100 but USPS... GSP via ebay is a no brainer

Yeah it is $500 in shipping so far! But it is what it is unfortunately.. 

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Don't want to sound totally stupid. I know the VAT tax is sort of taxing system for over in the UK. What is it exactly?

Value added tax we have to pay 20% on all goods its included in prices over here but when we order from over seas its added on. We pay that on pretty much everything. Also have tax our vehicles every year some are £600 a year they tax everything in the UK 

Vat is Value Added Tax, I remember it at 15%, then 17.5%, 

it's now at 20% and  most everything has it added onto cost, books,childrens clothes and few other items don't, vehicle fuel has it, house fuel is 5%

When importing here's how it works, lets say something costs $100 and lets say the pound is the same as dollar for ease

so item is 100, shipping is 50, total 150, there will then be import duty on the 100 and this varies on the item/items being imported, lets say import duty totals 20 so the total now is 170, then there is VAT on the whole lot at 20% so the total then becomes 204 for a original cost of 100.

We therefore pay 20% on the goods, 20% on the shipping, and 20% on the import duty which is a tax anyway, probably the only country in the world that pays a tax on a tax, oh I forgot most shippers charge a customs clearance fee which we pay 20% on

5 hours ago, Ronniemx3 said:

Yeah that is killer!! £308 yesterday! Roughly the same when my TC turns up! @wil440 what do you drive and where you based in the UK?? Not many cummins around the UK

I'm at J23 M1, 98 25004X4 QCSB cummins and a 98 3500 4X4 QCLB 5.9V8,

Vehicle tax before 2001 is flat rate at £230 ish after 2001 it's on emissions, new 5litre mustang is £2k first year, both mine trucks are £230, anything 40 year old is road tax free, really tempted to get an old dodge truck

• Thanks 2