• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2000 3500 no power,sucks fuel like it's free

• Owner

Last trip was 13 MPG from Parma, ID back to home in New Meadows, ID.

Image result for mopar1973man rv scale

Quadzilla running my "Economy Tune" which needed a bit of tweak to work correctly. Which now I have I need to know about building a good towing tune.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner
8 minutes ago, OmahaGen2 said:

12mpg in town empty..this sucks

What size tires are you running?

What gear ratio do you have?

What injectors do you have? How many miles on these injectors?

My last trip down the interstate I84 at 82 MPH twisting 2,500 RPM I rolled 19.58 MPG. My runs back and forth to Ontario, OR I net typically 21 MPG.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Not really. 12 MPG is something you should see towing 8,000 pound trailer.

Unless you are towing in the city full time and not on the highway, you are comparing apples and oranges. 

55 minutes ago, dripley said:

I het about 14 around town with stop and go driving grossing about 7500.  Not unhappy with this. My 96 had a V10 in it and got about 7 mpg.

Sounds great to me. Vary the weight a little bit, maybe a slightly heavier foot, more or less stop and go traffic, varying temperatures, varying quality of fuel, 12 mpg is not out of the realm of possibility.

2 hours ago, kzimmer said:

Sounds great to me. Vary the weight a little bit, maybe a slightly heavier foot, more or less stop and go traffic, varying temperatures, varying quality of fuel, 12 mpg is not out of the realm of possibility

It could a bit less I very seldom get run a full tank in town. The mix I am getting now is 17 or so 60% highway and 40% intown driving. I am definitely not complaining.

Edited by dripley

My truck with plugged up injectors got about 15 empty.

I now see pencilled figures anywhere between 15-20 depending on how much I tow on each tank. I've seen 22 on long trips cruising through Oregon at they're posted speed limit. Offcourse empty.

My empty weight is 9400lbs I'm seeing 17ish latly towing a few times on a tank. Latly just towing horses on the weekend. Running the freeway empty and stop and go boise traffic during the week. I haven't seen the smarty helping my mpg yet. 

My biggest mpg gain came from 100hp injectors paired with a light foot. Also saw a slight increase in mpg after having the tranny rebuilt.

12 empty is not good even for stop and go traffic. My Chevy v8s did that good. Actually the Chevy small  blocks are pretty damn good trucks. Tow good and get decent mileage while empty

My 2005 Chevy needed no repairs up until I left it at 170k. Change oil and filters and drive it. 

sometimes I thought about getting a Chevy as my daily driver kinda made no sense driving a cummins just on the weekends.

Crystal wants a cummins but I'm pushing a Chevy on here. 2nd gen. 5.9s just cost to much for what you get.

Did the donation section go away. I'll make a donation to help the site but I wont pay to post. Yeah I know doesnt make sense but that's how my mind works 

Edited by Evan

• Owner
On 5/26/2019 at 10:50 PM, Evan said:

Did the donation section go away. I'll make a donation to help the site but I wont pay to post. Yeah I know doesnt make sense but that's how my mind works 

Sorry but yea. It was because the only 2% were donating and the other 98% where riding for free. We've got server bills and I've got my own bills with the hospital as well. When the income drops so low that its not covering all the bills before paying myself there is a serious problem and the site will end up closing. So now way lower rates everyone pitches in a smaller chunck but now will help in keeping the site functional and allowing me to pay my own bills too. 

On 5/26/2019 at 10:50 PM, Evan said:

12 empty is not good even for stop and go traffic.

I totally agree. I've never been that low even in Boise traffic. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Evan said:

I say shut the site down. If advertisements and banners dont make it self sustaining, let it go.

Whats the difference in buying a pretty cheap membership or making a donation. The money goes to the same purpose.

• Like 3

• Staff
1 hour ago, Evan said:

I say shut the site down. If advertisements and banners dont make it self sustaining, let it go.

The site isn't going to shut down and MoparMan has gone way overboard working for the equivalent of 10 cents an hour for years and years helping everyone. He is genuine and even lets big chickens join up and big idgits like me too. So we all who want to take part will make sure it stays so we can continue to take part. There's nothing like owning a non common rail truck that will keep going with a little help from a site for a few bucks a month. Bud..... that's just the way it is and I'm happy about all the fantastic help I wood have a tough time expressing how much it has helped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Owner
10 hours ago, JAG1 said:

The site isn't going to shut down and MoparMan has gone way overboard working for the equivalent of 10 cents an hour for years and years helping everyone. He is genuine and even lets big chickens join up and big idgits like me too. So we all who want to take part will make sure it stays so we can continue to take part. There's nothing like owning a non common rail truck that will keep going with a little help from a site for a few bucks a month. Bud..... that's just the way it is and I'm happy about all the fantastic help I wood have a tough time expressing how much it has helped.

The problem is I'm the only website left not owned by a corporate. I'm privately owned and have no umbrella when a big company could infuse money in. Everything else out there like CF is owned by AutoGuide.com, DieselBombers is owned by Internet Brands, etc. I'm just a single guy trying to hold my own life on a wire with cancer (finally clear), then taking care of Mom with Dialysis. The last few pay checks are well in the cents per hour. (April paycheck was $20 for the month) We've been leaning on only 2% of the membership pool to keeping the bills paid and  and possibly make a bit of profit myself. Advertising is very random some months are good other are barely going to pay the bills. This was the only way to make it fair small amount from everyone. Site bills have always been paid but my own bills I've had to struggle working other jobs just to keep my own head above water. 

I refuse to sell the site to corporate owner. If I close it down, the information will be gone for ever period. 

7 hours ago, Russ Roth said:

I would donate for the common good and have in the past but I can only do it with either a check or a visa card.  I understand there is no real way to use either right now.

Still the same method. Just spreading small amount by all. 

https://mopar1973man.com/subscriptions/

• Like 1