• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

When do you change YOUR oil?

Out of shear curiosity, how long and/or how many miles do you go before changing your oil? What oil do you use? Myself I use Amsoil 15w40 and generally go about 6000 miles before I change it. I'm still programmed to change oil every 3000 miles so it just feels wrong to even go that long! I've read where some people go a whole year between oil changes and so I would just like to start a poll and see what guys are doing! Thanks!

• Staff

I ran 20K on the Amsoil 5w-30, and 25K on the oil you run. The UOA was always good, but I had a little more wear than anticipated when i swapped cams. Now I will run 15K. I also have a bypass.I would guess on 2nd gen 25K with a bypass would be a non-issue.

My 05 with amsoil 15w40 and amsoil bypass I just do 10k changes but will start doing it based off of samples at next oil change. My 02 with dual remote filters full flow and bypass on the same filter head, I don't put many miles on so once a year does it. I used to drive it daily and sampled oil every 5k I once ran it to 30k on the same oil and samples were still coming back excellent but just wanted piece of mind and started yearly changes. My wifes 03 TDI Jetta I go by the VW recommendation of 5k changes with amsoil also as VW comes with synthetic and requires it plus with the EGR it gets super sooty also.

I run amsoil 15w40 in my 03 and its been in there for about 2 1/2 years and probably 8-10k miles and my 98 still has the old valvoline pb ci-4 and its been in there just a little over 2 years and probably 4-5k miles. They have been setting for the most part of the last 2 years I have been here and will be changes as quick as I get home.

mobile delvac or rosmella whitch ever one is on sale when 5k is up on the odometer... although after seeing that oil analysis it may be valvoline pre blue if i can find locally or chevron dello 400 or napa oil since they are 1/2 mile from me... The delvac is all i ran in my 05... rosmella was in the 01 when i got it and thats whats been on sale lately soo after my oil change this week my stock of rosmella will be gone and we will see what goes in the shed for the next oil change... I dont know about you guys but like to keep an oil change and filters (oil and fuel) and a belt on hand just in case:thumbup2:... I hate going over on oil changes, and id hate to get in a jam with bad fuel and need a fuel filter for the air dog and not have one.. Fuel filter gets changed everyother oil change...

Hey,I use Rotella T 15W-40 and the last couple of times I've changed it at about 6500 miles. Both of those times I've sent in an oil sample to Blackstone Labs and both times I've been told to try 8500 miles on the next oil change!!:thumbup2:And I just use a Fleetguard oil filter!:thumbup2:Later,Winslow