• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mopar1973Man will now has a shop open for business

• Owner
19 minutes ago, Evan said:

Ohhhh hotsy.

I turn wrenches to but its different doing it 24/7 

Actually, Mon, Wed, Fri... Then from 8am to about 5pm ill be at the shop. Tue, thurs, and Sat still making my trip to Ontario taking care of Moms dialysis treatments. Basically leaves me with Sun off for my own thing.

I've been working from home for about 13 years. 

Been doing mobile A/C service for better than 7 years.

Then been doing all the repairs for the fire dept since 2004 when I joined.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

As you see this isn't my first rodeo. I was turning wrenches since 1984. I started working on the parents cars before I even had a drivers license. Have been since. Now in the Diesel realm and can't seem to stop. I love the challenges and learning as I go along. I've made my fair share of mistakes and screw ups. I have always made things right again. I have been to the school of hard knocks.

Like this afternoon I'm in Ontario taking care of the dialysis treatments for Mom. In the mean time I'm re-working the Paypal account to handle the invoicing in the future. I'll have WiFi internet and 3G Cell signal (network extender). I won't be limited to cash only for very long. I'll be able to process Credit / Debit Cards for the shop too. Like talking to Mom this morning I realize I've got a ton of work to do to get this rolling smoothly. Shop is a mess, Front area needs cleaning up, I've even got an office too that is stacked with parts. The only thing I'm lacking in is TIME...

Hell yeah, congrats on the business. :thumbup2: I hear you on people and their poor planning.  My wife has her own dog grooming business and always gets the calls about "We just got back from camping and need our dog washed".  My wife books out a month in advance at a minimum and tells people all the time but nobody listens.  :rolleyes:

• Owner

I gotta admit it was nice to head down to the shop and stuff my beast on the lift and do an oil change, adjust my parking brake, rotate the tires, and lube the rest of the steering and driveline. I was able to bust it out super fast compare to at home. Grabbing jack stands, jack up the front axle, set the stands, then jack up the rear axle set the stands. Still laying on the floor to do an oil change and grease the rest. Sure finding out fast I've got muscles I've not used in awhile being now I'm standing most of the time and my poor head is getting beat up. I gotta remember to look up before walking under or duck and keep my head down till cleared. 

Still gotta...

• Flush the brake system
  • Flush the power steering system
  • Flush the cooling system
  • Install a new thermostat
  • Install a new fan belt

20190825_085558.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I gotta admit it was nice to head down to the shop and stuff my beast on the lift and do an oil change, adjust my parking brake, rotate the tires, and lube the rest of the steering and driveline. I was able to bust it out super fast compare to at home. Grabbing jack stands, jack up the front axle, set the stands, then jack up the rear axle set the stands. Still laying on the floor to do an oil change and grease the rest. Sure finding out fast I've got muscles I've not used in awhile being now I'm standing most of the time and my poor head is getting beat up. I gotta remember to look up before walking under or duck and keep my head down till cleared. 

Still gotta...

• Flush the brake system
  • Flush the power steering system
  • Flush the cooling system
  • Install a new thermostat
  • Install a new fan belt

20190825_085558.jpg

Is this guy a paying cutomer or some dead beat looking for a free ride????

• Staff
On 8/24/2019 at 12:18 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

The only thing I'm lacking in is TIME...

Aren't we all. 

Time can be bought.... it’s just expensive and I still find that fine line between doing it myself and sacrificing my time and my body. Sometimes it’s worth buying the time and letting someone else do it. Sometimes not. 

New fuel pump in the commuter Jeep yesterday was less than 90 minutes. That’s worth my time. Timing belt in the Jetta might not be. 

The there are those things that I just won’t let anyone else do, regardless of my time.. and the wife’s dismay :lol:

From here in boise I can tell the tires are way to small and drive ratio is all wrong

On 8/25/2019 at 6:44 PM, AH64ID said:

Aren't we all. 

Time can be bought.... it’s just expensive and I still find that fine line between doing it myself and sacrificing my time and my body. Sometimes it’s worth buying the time and letting someone else do it. Sometimes not. 

New fuel pump in the commuter Jeep yesterday was less than 90 minutes. That’s worth my time. Timing belt in the Jetta might not be. 

The there are those things that I just won’t let anyone else do, regardless of my time.. and the wife’s dismay :lol:

Did you get the timing belt done. It's a tdi right?

• Owner

Actually yesterday I got some spare time and managed to get quite a bit done yesterday. Managed to clear out an office for myself. Then started sorting out tools and getting toolbox geared up for my style of work. @Me78569 even called me during this time. Talking about wanting to do a Raffle on the site. 

Like I got to play with old school stuff. Like an 1976 Chevy camper van and change fuel filter and now have to change a fuel pump.

Then I've got a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 with steering issues. Already has a Redhead steering box. All steering linkage looks good and tight. It does have 285's for tires. Then the ear for the parking brake cable on the rear driver side axle broke off. Then another good one the blend door broke off inside the HVAC case. Already has a heater treater update. Vacuum issue as well being the defrost is stuck on. Fun times coming. (Hidden in the shop)

Double stacked.20190826_111251.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man