• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Consensus on "leveling" a truck

50 minutes ago, Gregturley said:

Leveling a pickup truck=i should have bought a Ford SUV. Looks like a usable vehicle until you try to USE it. To me a truck sits higher in the *** end to compensate for a load ie in bed or on hitch. If you're just tooling around in a pickup with no real use for it you're wasting money at the pump. I have a POS Neon that i can use daily but it hasn't left my driveway in 5 months. It might not even start now. Don't know don't care till i need it. I use my rust bucket daily. Leveling is only surpassed in stupidity by squatting.

For practical usage...yes this is all 100% correct.  But not everyone fits into the same box.  Mine is strictly a playtoy and it is lifted and leveled for asthetic reasons only...and because the chicks dig it.  It's not a daily driver so not too concerned about gas mileage or practicality...it just pulls the boat and a utility trailer every so often.  My other playtoy is many times worse in regards to practicality and fuel economy. 

Not married so I donate some of my disposable income to stupidity... :thumbup2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I AM married to the sweetest (most evil-just depends on what i have done lately!!!!) chick you'll find. If it doesn't have a durability/mileage/reliability benefit I'm not up for it. In Loserville KY if you don't have a boy bun and skinny jeans most chicks don't want anything to do with you so the "chicks dig it" thing is irrelevant to me. I look at it as a practical usable tool.  My truck is a DD/work rust bucket. I could save a bunch of $$$ driving the Neon(free car DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!!!) instead of the Cummins BUTT this truck gets used as a truck daily. Didn't mean to offend anyone with my leveling comments they were strictly based off my personal use of my truck.

36 minutes ago, Gregturley said:

I AM married to the sweetest (most evil-just depends on what i have done lately!!!!) chick you'll find. If it doesn't have a durability/mileage/reliability benefit I'm not up for it. In Loserville KY if you don't have a boy bun and skinny jeans most chicks don't want anything to do with you so the "chicks dig it" thing is irrelevant to me. I look at it as a practical usable tool.  My truck is a DD/work rust bucket. I could save a bunch of $$$ driving the Neon(free car DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!!!) instead of the Cummins BUTT this truck gets used as a truck daily. Didn't mean to offend anyone with my leveling comments they were strictly based off my personal use of my truck.

I am married going on 20 years, I could care less what chicks dig.  I appreciate your passion about leveling!  But I would crawl before driving that Neon.  I get why you do it though. ? I am at a point in life where I could just go buy a new truck and not worry about fuel cost (I drive less than 40 miles a work week). I just love driving this old truck that I would love to get to 500k.  I am only 5’7” so part of my reverse level thinking is “short guy”. NO OFFENSE taken, this site needs more passion ?.  I feel like the truck is paying me now and the burp of coal coming out of that tailpipe drives the Californians NUTS ????

thank you for the awesome reply, I LOVED reading it!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gregturley said:

Lol...no worries and no judging.  What you said is truth.  Marriage is not a consideration for me.  Women have drastically overvalued themselves and drank all the feminist Cool-aid.  Now they are worthless.  I only have one use for them...which usually only lasts 2-3 minutes on a good day. :woot: The rest of the day is mine.  It was easy to contract out all duties of a wife while still retaining complete control of my finances and assets and all decision making.  Hence my poor decision making on man toy purchases. :cheers:

2 minutes ago, Gregturley said:

@portlandareae28 I though i said DON'T JUDGE ME ABOUT THE NEON!!!!   Not proud of it but it is a dirt cheap beater. I do need limo tint on windows so no one can see me.....

No judgement here!!!  I GET IT!!! I am where I am from “getting it”

Edited by portlandareae28
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gregturley said:

It is a sad little car though.

Its my "ah hell everything else is broke" ride.

I commuted by bicycle for years..  cars and trucks are backwards thinking in most cases.....  same with technology ($1000 cell phones, come on) I just live and work hard daily to care for my family.

• Like 1

I hear ya bud. Unfortunately where i live a bike is a target. No one has insurance. You're not safe on the sidewalk. I have destroyed 4 cells in 12 months. My crap comes from Ebay/Amazon now. Phone I'm using now $35 from Ebay. Neon belonged to a buddy. I put a tranny in it, his daughter tore it up just after the warranty. He told her she had to pay to fix it she said "I have 6k saveed up. I want a real car." They said no to a trade in. I hauled it out of his driveway for free rebuilt the tranny. My wife says its a ***** car. I can't argue.

8 minutes ago, Gregturley said:

I hear ya bud. Unfortunately where i live a bike is a target. No one has insurance. You're not safe on the sidewalk. I have destroyed 4 cells in 12 months. My crap comes from Ebay/Amazon now. Phone I'm using now $35 from Ebay. Neon belonged to a buddy. I put a tranny in it, his daughter tore it up just after the warranty. He told her she had to pay to fix it she said "I have 6k saveed up. I want a real car." They said no to a trade in. I hauled it out of his driveway for free rebuilt the tranny. My wife says its a ***** car. I can't argue.

I like and know your style!!  Keep it up.  I buy used phones, and all the cheapness I can too!

I have leveled my pickup 2" and believe I tend to use the pickup as a working tool more than most. Its has over 2000lbs of tools in the bed and is often hooked to goose kneck at the same time.

I did do it because I dislike the 5" nose down stance and chicks dig it apparantly red heads.

• Like 1

• Owner

2.jpeg

Come up here every jacked up levelled Ford truck going north for hunting looks like it squatting. I hate these people get one behind you and the lo beam are blinding you to death. I usually let them pas and nail the HID's on hi and driving lights too. Don't be like these guys and level your truck and make it squat. This is why there is a rake to the suspension so when the truck is loaded it levels naturally.  

Like one sad hunter...

71387169_1397923730359080_33769868461510

• Like 2

• Staff

Slight level with airbags worked the best for me. It rode the best, and handled the best empty or loaded.  Airbags, when not over inflated, will improve ride and reduce body roll. 

My 05 with a 1” level ran at GVW’s of 9-14K. Normally a hair over 12K GVW with 7.5K on the rear axle... heavier than most SRW’s. 40 psi in the bags and it handled amazing. Almost as good as the OE leveled 18. 

Now I need to level the trailer ?

5E766449-2DD1-44E4-8189-256EFCE0DCE9.jpeg

• Like 1

I've been around hard working pickups all my life over worked and abused. Maybe abused has more to do with it. 

Frames tweaking right behind the cab on 2nd gens. I've been semi worried about my bed not lining up with cab.  Hopefully just bushings under the cab worn out