• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Please prayer for MoparMom

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Very sad news... We got to the Boise St. Luke's hospital to have the blood flow issues addressed in her legs but her body isn't able to hold up to another surgery. The only thing I can do is let her pass on. With her dementia issues she would never be able to finish rehab. With the blood flow issues she would end up losing both feet and be a painful 2 months more to live. The heart is already got the cardiac enzyme elevated showing she has had heart issues even during the time she had be in. I had to make the hard choice of letting Mom go. Yeah its breaking my heart to do but there is no way to fix her problems. 

Please say a prayer for @MoparMom that she passes on to the Good Lord and no longer in pain or suffering. 

I'll will heal in time myself. I've got a wonderful woman beside me and helping through these troubling times. I'm going to be slow around the site for a few days. 

The bonus is no longer doing these long trips to Ontario, OR anymore. MoparMom was getting really tired of the constant back and forth and the nasty weather this winter. No longer do she have to bury herself in blankets to stay warm. 

I've got to be back in Boise for @Wet Vette medical tomorrow and plan on stopping and seeing MoparMom once again. 

• Sad 9

• Staff

833751354_thoughts-and-prayers-clipart-11.jpg.6e6e2529879562ee8a5427547ee77dc1.jpg

Mike, Dan just shared with me about Rosalie.  Although we knew this day would come, it is still so very sad; a terrible loss of an incredibly wonderful, God-fearing woman, Mom, and friend.  I loved her from the first "Hello" back in August 2017!  Her positive energy, joy, zest for life and her love for Jesus made an imprint on my heart!!   She so loved her home and property there in New Meadows; a place God directed her to so many years ago.  Well, once again God is directing Rosalie to a new home He has prepared for her where she will live eternally without pain, in a new body and in the glorious  presence of our Lord Jesus Christ.   I pray that Rosalie's passing with be peaceful; and, that even tonight she is seeing glimpses of Jesus and the glory of  heaven.  I pray God will comfort Rosalie with His peace   assuring her that you, Mike, are in the palm of His hand as His plans for your life will prevail.  Mike, I pray God's peace flood through you as you trust the promptings of the Holy Spirit as you make these  difficult decisions on behalf of your Mom.   May God's grace fill you with the perfect words as you spend your last hours together; do not rush. Rest in God.   "Be still and know that I am God."   The Hebrew root of 'be still' doesn't mean 'be quiet', it means "let go."   Let go of what you cannot control - and rest in the knowledge that God is in control.  I am grateful that God has brought Eileen into your life this past year for such a time as this; I am glad Eileen has had the pleasure of getting to know your Mom and will be with you during these next days and months of transition.   The grief in the loss of your Mom's presence with you will be deep; but, I trust the years of loving memories together will fill that void in and warm your heart.    Please know that Dan and I are here for you anytime during this transition season.       With all our heartfelt thoughts and prayers …………… Jennifer and Dan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Owner

I thank you all for the prayers and messages. 

Mom is in good care there in St. Luke's hospital. The selfish side of me is over joyed that that 250 mile trip every TTS is over. No longer spending 820 a month in fuel. It's going to be heart breaking to go to all the places and friends and let them know Mom time is up and I will no longer be making these trip on her behalf. I'm not only going to be say bye to Mom but many friends I met along the way I have to inform that I'm not returning any longer on these trips.

I thank the guys and gals like @IBMobile, @IBMOBILE-JEN and @JAG1 that least got to meet @MoparMom and get to know her. There is many more people that at least talked to her on the phone. She will be miss for sure, but her time is up and Good Lord is calling. 

No more struggling and juggling time. That is over. Like a funny thing I was still thinking, "Hey, stupid better hurry up and and get the 1996 Dodge fixed so I can quickly down the Cummins to fix the transmission." No longer I can just down the Cummins when I want to and get it fixed." Yeah I'll need the 1996 Dodge to haul the transmission, but no longer a time crunch to do it according to Mom's schedule. 

Yeah there will be a hole in my life for some time being majority of my time was focused on tending to MoparMom and keeping her going. Her problems are no more and finally get to rest her body and mind. She was spending a majority of her days sleeping towards the end. 

The biggest thing is rebuilding my life my way. There is so many things I wanna do and haven't been able to do in very long time like going camping, riding my bicycle, hiking in the woods, going out to cut firewood. Yeah its very difficult to let go and let God but I will in time. I've managed to save my Mother life 3 different times. This time I've been told by 4 doctors and and the Good Lord above that mom's time is over. I've gotten the highest praise over the phone from all the doctors for hanging in for over 4 years and tending to Mom's every need. It's not like I didn't try... I gave it my all like your supposed to do for family.  

I'm very thankful for the wonderful woman besides me. @Wet Vette has been doing a awesome job tending to my broken heart. She has done care for the elderly for nearly 30 years so she has been a huge help towards the end. Making sure Mom was bathe, dressed nice and looking presentable Eileen would even do her hair in the morning before dialysis. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I am sorry to hear this. I was one one of the ones who speak her several times years back when I wouldcal, and you were not there. She had a way of getting into my head that was uncanny. Always trying to help. I know you have had to make some difficult choices but I beieve Rosalie would have made the same ones. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. May Lord smile upon you as I know he is for Rosalie.

Your friend,

Dave Ripley 

• Thanks 1

• Staff

Remember I was there to visit MoparMan, but soon as your mom started in the conversation.... man it was cool she knew how to get all 5 attention motors going full throttle. It was a famous time I'll never forget, she is so real, no not fishing reel IBMobile, please listen to what I'm saying....... she kept the coffee hotter than anyone I ever knew.

• Thanks 1

• Owner

I went down and seen her one last time. She is doing OK for now Tuesday would of been her first skip dialysis which I know she can do. It's by Thursday things will change. She really isn't there anymore. Her dementia she is drifting from topic to topic. She understands she is dying but she then flip over like we are at home "Can you get me coffee?" There is nothing more I can do for her. The Good Lord just has to come claim her and take MoparMom to heaven.

Yeah, it's difficult to type this message without crying, feeling sorrow and loss. But never the less I have to push on through. MoparMom has had a full life and she is at a point where nothing can be done. Her body can't do anymore. The doctors can't fix what wrong because her body is just too tired. 

At this point I want to remember the good things of Mom. The staff there is wonderful and doing an awesome job of keeping her comfortable and fed. I know the days after Thursday will get worse and her body will be getting toxic and she should go down at that point. 

So as of yesterday that was my last trip down US95 from New Meadows to Ontario. I don't want to see that road for some time. Even Eileen and I both agree if we need supplies we will go north to Lewiston, ID and Clarkston, WA.

Matter of fact we had a close call on Fort Hall grade north of Council. So nimrod was passing a semi-truck over the double yellow lines and with quick reflexes I got the truck pull off the road in a small turn out without incident.

I need to focus on going back to work and getting the bills paid for the month. I've also got two houses to repair and clean up. Like behind me on the floor is boxes and stuff every where. My desk is a mess as well. It's not like I don't have time now. Finally can do things that I want to do without being limited to Mom's schedule and doctors appointments. It been rough since Christmas to now. 

I will admit that my cannabis usage is way up. I'm so thankful at night for that herb. It settles my emotions down and allows me to think again without cry at the drop of a hat because I thought of memory or mom. Then it also helps with getting a good night sleep as well. Time heals all wounds. It only been since Sunday I found out Mom's time was limited. I know getting back to work will help a bunch. The other habit I need to break is getting up at 4:30am or 5:30am because those time I use to get up for dialysis days. I can now sleep in. I get my weekend back. Yeah, even this morning I was up at 5:30am out of habit. 

I know @IBMobileand @JAG1 were talking about a camping trip in the spring. I might just have to hook up for old times and catch up with both of you. There is a lot of traveling I want to do to see different people. Just never had time to do anything. 

• Owner

Made another visit to see Mom. Saturday will be 7 days without dialysis. She is getting confused and having a tough time holding a conversation.

Part of this trip is to make sure the hospital does not file for Medicaid. Because I've not owned the house over 5 years the hospital can take my home for payment.

Second part is billing and case work got chewed out for calling and harassing me about discharging mom. The 4 doctors agreed for comfort care right there. So I've got to hold their feet to the coals.

I've only been home barely 1 day and had the hospital driving me crazy. I need to get back home and back to work. Hard to keep running back and forth without funds. I only worked 1 day...

• Sad 1

My condolences.  Having lost a parent, I can tell you that it doesn't get better but it does get easier.  Hang in there and remember the good times.  That's what will get you through.  Also, don't forget you are not alone and don't forget to ask for help or someone to talk to.  Don't hold it in.  It took me a while to figure that out. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

• Thanks 1