• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Want to do it once!

My truck has a two pillar pod, both egt and boost gauges are toast. In my new to the Cummin's world mind, I think I want EGT, fuel pressure and trans temp and boost as first gauges. My 2000 24v has a new Fass titanium, new injector pump, running Smarty #1. Would I be better off with the electronic reads it all or should I install all new mechanical gauges? I don't tow or beat my truck but I want it to live a long life. This is a daily driver which sees a couple miles of crappy roads then 90 miles of hiway 5-6 days a week. Advice from people with similar situations would be much appreciated! Much thanks for the forum and advice!

I would stick with mechanical gauges. And yes add the gauges you mentioned. You need to know what fuel pressure your injection pump is receiving. Keeping it about 14 psi keeps the check valve open to help keep the electronics on the injection pump cool. I use isspro EV2 gauges. 

• Owner

Myself.. I opted for the ISSPro EV2 gauges. They are electronic and USB programmable. Since the sensors are all under the hood there is no worry about tubing breaking or leaking in the cab. I had a bracket built for the sensors being mounted on the fender protecting the fuel pressure sensor from water hammer damage. 

Electric Fuel Pressure Gauges - Fuel - Mopar1973Man's Dodge Cummins Forum

Nice low pressure warning light. Now you don't even have to look at the gauges I know what is wrong just by level the red dot is in my corner of my eye. Boost is set for 45 PSI warning light, fuel pressure is set for 13 PSI, Pyrometer is set for 1,200*F, and my trans temp is set for 225*F. There is optional relay function too so if you got a automatic you could use the trans temp gauge to turn on a aux fan. 

Isspro EVA - 2nd Generation Dodge Non-Powertrain - Mopar1973Man's Dodge  Cummins Forum

12 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

I have been looking at the glowshift gauges. I know the isspro units are highly regarded here but they are a tad expensive. I'll do like wipmonkey and build up to better later. 

Honestly, they aren't that bad.  They have worked well for me so far.  I did have an issue where one of them died but miracously came back to life after I took the gauge pod off to run the microphone for my new stereo.  I've just heard the horror stories about them so I want to make sure I have a good set to swap in when these inevitably go south.

51 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Four ISSIPRO on the A-post 

The green light tells me I have the torque convertor locked.

DSCN9693.JPG.6b872ab1be38dea5eccab02ccda8bf09.JPG

Dang! You can hide a semi truck in that blind spot. The Dodge pillar is too wide/thick as it is. I am blind in my left eye so maybe it is just me. My gauges.

0709200838.jpg

0709200839.jpg

I have gone through 2 sets of glowshifts since I've owned the truck. They were cool looking since you can change the colors, but after a year or 2, they would start freaking out and not working properly. The needle would randomly peg out jumping all over the place. I ordered a boost gauge from them, and it rattled badly from the first drive. Sent it back, they called me and said there was nothing wrong with it, and that it only rattled on my end because I had it tapped into the intake elbow.......really? Because the last boost gauge I had of theres worked fine all the way up until it just crapped out....They Charged me a re- stocking fee for a defective gauge, and I will never buy from them again. Horrible customer support.

I've been slowly building up an isspro collection as well. Expensive, but I've got to say, my fuel pressure gauge (ev2) is almost 8 years old, and I still dont have a snubber on it yet, so it works hard and has taken the fuel pressure spikes for a long time. Im impressed with Isspro for sure.