• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Some nice 47re info and tear down

• Owner

You should stand beside @Dynamic and watch him tear down a transmission and then build it all back up to your specs in one day. Taking great care to tweak and test everything as he is building. Way better experience. Like his extra cooling for the clutch packs. Won't find in that video. How he does the valve body mods isn't there. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, ColoradoColt said:

Found this on YouTube this morning, usually just watch his videos for fun. But today I decided to look for a 47re specific one that he did and found this! Very informative video and quick tear down 

That is a really useful video. Going to have to do my trans at some point so good to watch this 

• Like 1

• Owner

Yeah the problem is all the extras Jon does to a transmission is great upgrades. The extra holes he drills for cooling oil for the clutches. How he upgrades a 46RE into 47RE. Yup seen that too... Not in a video anywhere. It would be great if Jon @Dynamic did a video of his builds too. Explain how to test your valve body in the transmission with air. Nope not in that video either. I understand some builders have tricks they don't want to give away either. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

• Owner

Sure was a treat for me to do it for 12 hours and watch. After watching that how I knew he was a EXCELLENT transmission builder. Jon is extremely fussy about everything being CLEAN. Even his work area and table is keep spotlless during assembly. The transmission is re-cleaned again after he is completed. Then going through all the steps of testing and making sure everything is adjusted correctly. I know most people can't make that kind of trip, I would bet my own name on @Dynamic to be the better built for sure. Too many extras he puts into the design for longevity and making it hold the power.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2020 at 5:22 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Sure was a treat for me to do it for 12 hours and watch. After watching that how I knew he was a EXCELLENT transmission builder. Jon is extremely fussy about everything being CLEAN. Even his work area and table is keep spotlless during assembly. The transmission is re-cleaned again after he is completed. Then going through all the steps of testing and making sure everything is adjusted correctly. I know most people can't make that kind of trip, I would bet my own name on @Dynamic to be the better built for sure. Too many extras he puts into the design for longevity and making it hold the power.

Jon is outstanding at what he does.  I had the privilege of meeting and becoming personal friends with Tony Garcin.  Founder and owner at the time of Dunrite.  He has since passed and I lost a great friend. I actually built valve bodies for him.  Learned many things that summer.  We were going to do my tranny together but cancer got him first.  When I needed to have mine done was about the time I took notice of Jon on the forums.  We had some e-mail and personal call or two and what I heard from him (Thanks Tony!) said he was my guy.  I had him do my '01 which a short time after got totaled.  I was going to swap trannies into my '02 but my  knee injury from '84 finally took the joint out.  That was out so back to Jon.  During our conversations it was like chatting with Tony all over again.  So twice I had the privilege of watching him work.  And for me we became personal friends also which if you ever meet him you will know that is a huge plus.  Great  guy and great tranny guy!!!

Any of you reading today happy Thanksgiving to all!!

• Like 2

• Staff

What a great thread to help us understand how uttery diligent and knowledgeable these great transmission guys are. Just watching the video above is more than amazing and teaches us how important finding the right person is. No I don't think Cluck Transmission will be doing mine in the future.

I've been watching that Precision Transmission channel for a few months now.  He seem willing to share most any secret, he just hasn't gotten around to them yet. He goes very in depth on a 4l60 in one video. 

In my experience, for every shop that takes the time and energy to do it right, there are 10 that know how but don't, and 100 that are just R&R's. There is one half way decent shop in Chattanooga and the others are all the back of the class type. And thats in a county of 600,000 people no less.

28 minutes ago, That Guy said:

I've been watching that Precision Transmission channel for a few months now.  He seem willing to share most any secret, he just hasn't gotten around to them yet. He goes very in depth on a 4l60 in one video. 

In my experience, for every shop that takes the time and energy to do it right, there are 10 that know how but don't, and 100 that are just R&R's. There is one half way decent shop in Chattanooga and the others are all the back of the class type. And thats in a county of 600,000 people no less.

One halfway decent for 600000 people is great. UK 66 million people..... good trans shops ...... forget it, more good trans shops on the moon than here in the UK :)

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

What a great thread to help us understand how uttery diligent and knowledgeable these great transmission guys are. Just watching the video above is more than amazing and teaches us how important finding the right person is. No I don't think Cluck Transmission will be doing mine in the future.

Why not? And while working on your clucking transmission we can re wire your house. 

Oh and last but not least we are running a special on fire extinguishers this month.

:tongue:

Edited by dripley
  • Haha 2

Oh boy... I guess I need to make a video! LOL Tearing one down doesn't take long (shouldn't take more than an hour). Putting it back together with the proper mods, properly done, and building a great valve body...well, that's a different story.

FWIW, Black Friday pricing is up on the website.

• Like 4