• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

COVID blues

Mopar1973Man

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

COVID UPDATE

I'm going to starting limiting contact with people now. My buddy in town Steve Crump has just closed his shop and laid off his crew. Steve, his wife and kid all three and COVID positive. I heard from another client that there is another family both husband and wife both are COVID-19 positive. Soon as I got done at my clients place I called @Wet Vette and told her the news. I'm doing my utmost in trying to keep it out of my home being its this close now it time to limit my contact with others. It difficult with Eileen and having to do doctors appointments. You all should see me more around the website... Safer way to do business.

Sorry to hear things are getting so wild where you are.  My Dr's office had to close down for a week.  Things are crazy in Los Angeles right now.  I know a bunch of people who have had it or have had their work places temporarily close becuase someone had it there.  I won't even do any grocery shopping in LA right now.  I go out to Ojai for groceries where my dad lives.  Doing nearly all my work from home these days.

You know those airlocks one puts on a jug of fermentation to keep nasties out?  I wonder if breathing through one of those would do the job...  My wife and I have had the Wuhans, no doubt due to my travels.  So has half of my office, and my mom and sister - my mom works in a pharmacy, so no real surprise there, I guess.  No one I personally know has had it 'bad', but so far it's not been anyone with risk factors, either.  I would certainly say it's worthwhile to avoid getting it, but having made it through the other side I'm glad I no longer have a statistically significant reason to worry about it infecting me anymore!  Now I can worry for others.

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

Edited by LorenS
  • Like 1

Starting see more of it down this way too. Got me a lttle edgy about the whole thing. @leetyI would have thought you would seeing this too, beings you in cali. Maybe @IBMobile too. We aint out of the woods yet for sure. Even South Korea is blowing up with their initial good response from the first wave.

Edited by dripley

31 minutes ago, dripley said:

Starting see more of it down this way too. Got me a lttle edgy about the whole thing. @leetyI would have thought you would seeing this too, beings you in cali. Maybe @IBMobile too. We aint out of the woods yet for sure. Even South Korea is blowing up with their initial good response from the first wave.

It's definitely around and I'm a hermit up on my mountain top to keep myself safe from it.

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Glad to see everyone doing the smart thing regarding your own health

It's not often that I'm the "rebel". Spent all spring (February to June 3rd) working 7 days per week in a meat packing plant (outside in the snow, not inside), no masks - mainly because sold out like toilet paper and reserved for healthcare workers. So bad there and Sioux Falls they shut the plants down, but that just meant they were all together at the liquor store and Wal-Mart! Somehow I didn't get it until early October, when we wore face panties all the time here in KC.

36 minutes ago, dripley said:

You stay safe up thar girl. We're all in a hot spot now it seems. 

Will do.  No doubt things are a mess right now.  I have myself set up here.  I go out only for fresh foods items.  All other shopping is being delivered and I let the packages sit for a day or 2 before I even open them.  I refuse to allow myself to get this thing, if possible.  Even if I have to go over the top a bit about it.  Better safe than sorry.

Things are getting real bad up here also. Looks like full lock down coming again.

Don't forget about the DOOMSDAY CLOCK....100 Seconds from midnight. 

My first pension check will be here next year. Would like to see it after waiting 65 years.

Everybody Please be careful.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JAG1 said:

a new strange Virus in India

Marvelous :shifty:

Where is the modern day Moses, what are his demands, and who is Pharaoh in this instance? I want the plagues to end!

Edited by LorenS