• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Legacy Subscription plans

I have just checked out the subscription page and  tell me is there still a paypal option ? As for overseas members that is the easiest, not bothered about adding on the PP fee to make sure the subscription is a $100

I have just gone to renew on yearly and at the bottom of the order review it says the next renewal is July 2023 is this correct, are you saying that a yearly renewal done now actually starts after the current subscription has expired 

• Staff
11 hours ago, Joe_Pool said:

Nice to know that contracts mean nothing.  My subscription shows that it is due for renewal on April 3, 2022.  Paid for a 1 year subscription and will be cancelled with 4 months remaining.  What a deal!

Pretty darn sad. 

10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

So what should I do then? :shrug:

You honor the current subscriptions, end of story. 

If you need to enact a price increase you do it after current subscriptions expire. If the forum software doesn’t allow that then you may have to track it individually. 

You want more people to subscribe, yet you’re screwing the few current subscribers. How does that even make sense? 

To put subscription fees into perspective, as I’ve mentioned before, TDR is $35/yr and includes a magazine. It also has many more active members and resources. I can’t come close to justifying $100/yr.

• Like 1

• Owner
20 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

If you need to enact a price increase you do it after current subscriptions expire. If the forum software doesn’t allow that then you may have to track it individually. 

That is what was supposed to happen but everyone renewed on the old system. So what I've got to wait and wait for them to get smart and renew on the right system that was started 1 year and 2 months ago. Now people are still renewing on the old system because it's CHEAP! Of course, they will not switch. I've already waited for 1 year and 2 months all these accounts should of expired but again everyone renewed on the "old system" and kept locked in. I need to stop this but the only way is to stop each "legacy account" and cancel and renew on the new system one at a time. Other than that I might as well just pack up and shut the doors and quit... The changes in price occurred Spet 2020 again waited for them to expire but nope... So do I wait forever? Sorry, I've got to push forward and fix this mess and get everyone on the same page. I can't wait another full year on old prices...

Other than that I'll just turn off the server and the lights and forget about the whole idea. I've got nothing left to lose. Just let the world be without M73M.com. 

• Sad 1

• Owner

I can cancel each account to stop the PayPal subscription, and refund the money. I can't start a new subscription again without the members permission. I don't want to force a new account without there permission. But I need to stop the renewal on the old system and start wiping out the subscriptions on the old plan. Yes I can refund the funds for each but its up to the members to pick a new plan that fits. 

Again this was all discussed back in Sept of 2020 and needs to finalized so everyone is on the "new system" and no longer holding tight to legacy subscriptions on the old plan by renewing constantly. Sure I would renew to the cheaper plan over and over would you? Sure you would. Eventually someone has to draw a line in the sand and say it time to get on the new system and close down a 1 year and 2 month project of price change from last year. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Mike,

I'm the Webmaster of www.tpctrikes.com 

Who is your current hosting company, who much are they charging per year to host the website and forum? What is their tier of Server memory and storage amounts? 

Honestly I think they are hosing you at the prices you've posted before, but I wanted to see if I can help you with a better hosting company alternative.

Let me know.

Doug

• Like 2

I don't think 0.27 cents a day is too bad, yea $100 a year seems steep but in the long run being here learning and reading and the phone conversations have help me save WELL OVER $100. 

In reference to what @01_Cummins_4x4 mentioned... There's so much out there now that I think shopping around more and broadening the idea of what is acceptable would be beneficial for everyone. 

I plan on a renewal, but I'll be waiting to see what becomes of everything. 

Edited by Stanley
  • Thanks 1

I thought it was weird the last time I renewed it was only $25 as I slightly remember the price increase discussion.  I thought maybe I was grandfathered in or something, lol.  Yearly sub for $100 isn't bad though, that's only $8 and some change each month.  I'll easily spend 5-10 times more than that in a month on sugary drinks that will culminate in the removal of my limbs.   I'm not gonna complain about losing out on the full $25 yearly I'm losing, it's $25 for crying out loud.  I just spent $65 for a 1/4 tank of fuel.  Biden did that BTW.  :whistle2:

Edit:  I just went and upgraded and got a prorated subscription, my gold wasn't set to renew until September of next year but I hit the $100 yearly as an upgrade and it only cost me $80.82.  So, no money lost for those that were concerned about that....or did I do it wrong?

Edited by Sycostang67
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sycostang67 said:

I just spent $65 for a 1/4 tank of fuel. 

Wow that's heading towards our rip of prices, cheapest around me is £1.50 per litre or £6.75 UK gallon

On price increases inflation is over 5% here. Our energy prices have doubled this year countrywide and gas  and electricity suppliers are going bust all the time because we have a energy price cap which is fixed as an average of prices from the previous 6 months, wholesale gas has increased a huge amount over a short period so the suppliers are having to sell it to consumers at a loss.

Bought about by Putin restricting Europe's gas supplies, we are not in the EU now but we do use the same gas pipelines

• Owner

Just consider this math...

Monthly $10 for 30 days or 33 cents per day.

Quarterly $30 for 90 days or 33 cents per day.

Yearly $100 for 365 day or 27 cents per day. ($8.33 a month)

1 month at $10 would be $120 per year. But as you can see there is a saving on the yearly. 

Now lets reflect on the old prices. Also keep in mind most were buying in at the $1.99 or $25 a year. 

$1.99 a month or $23.88 a year (6 cents a day) - what most did...

$2.99 a month or $35.88 a year (9 cents a day)

$5.99 a month or $71.88 a year (19 cents a day) - What was least used. 

These legacy prices did not even come close to paying the bills. Hence why the prices went up and again this was all discussed back in Sept of 2020. 

Now consider there are members here that I've made calls to and spent 2 to 4 hours aiding people fixing there trucks and discussing how to fix them. I've actually done hand holding and guided people through the repairs as they are doing the job. Personally I want to make a living too. I don't want to just pay the site bills and work on website upgrades and maintenance for free. My time should be worth something too. This is why I had this discussion back in Sept of 2020. Again I waited for 1 year to attempt to clear the old legacy subscriptions. Most of your just renewed on the legacy system and locked in again. 

Now just a heads up being I'm in the process of getting another batch of high idle cable built last batch I paid $43.89 per cable for 100 units. That is $4,389.00 for a 100 units. I've just called today to get a new price I'm going to be honest the next batch of high idle units will most likely be closer to $200 a piece. I've got to pay for cable manufacture, I've got to pay for switch manufacture. So yes prices are going up. I refuse to work for free or just barely getting by. Just think when I'm working here on the website server is worth $45 an hour if I put in 8 hour day doing this it is $360 per day. Which current I do with no profit. Just consider the amount I do for nothing... 

Shoot just consider what I pay for Internet here. $125.00 a month or $1,500 a year for internet here. So I really don't see how anyone can complain about $10 a month or $100 a year which is cheaper. Again my talents for web work is worth at least $45 an hour but sad to say I never get paid for that. My talents for diesel work is worth actually about $120 to $140 an hour but I got my price at $85 an hour to fit the local community.

So this is not steep considering the amount of time and hours supporting you all...

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Mopar1973Man This site is a wealth of info and help to any mopar truck owner. I understand the need to make changes and change subscription rates so please don't take this message wrong.

I know it's been a long time since I've been on here looking or posting but i wanted to say i for 1 really have been helped by members on here. Keep up the good work. 

Some on here may remember i went thru a nasty divorce and about the only things of value i kept were my truck and a 50/50 with my daughter. 

At this point in my life i can not justify spending the money to change plans. I know I'm one of the 50+ members being shut down. Thats cool. I'm not complaining, just wanted to tell you why I'm not renewing. Yourself and other members her have helped me in the past and if i could i would renew now. For that i wanted to say thak you to everyone.  I'll be back later at a better time. 

To everyone here that helped me out thank you. 

@Mopar1973Man at 1 point in time you offered to help me with some quadzilla tunes and i think gave me your number. 

Life got in the way. If that offer is still good i could really use some help. My number is 502.381.2394 if you could call me I'd appreciate it. If you're free tonight I'm good if not then whenever you have some spare time. Thanks

• Thanks 1

• Staff

In the days I started on here there was a greater number of people coming on in the mornings with their coffee. Anytime of day, we had a lot more people and greater energy for motivated posters wanting to share than now.

What happened to that and what's the latest on google Adsense? It seems the rates may be killing the member numbers and participation. Is that affecting the Google Adsense monthly income? I would like to see the chart.

It also seems to me the site requires a lot of time to maintain it. Why can't there just be a solid set program that makes it easier for you Mike? Walk away and let it run... If this requires simplifying it, maybe sacrificing some aspects so be it but, don't throw away the whole resource. Google adsense needs to be bolstered again and that freedom the site had with it's tremendous energy of involvement needs to come back. What's your folks opinion on this everyone? 

Thanks for listening and your opinions, I know will help.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

In the days I started on here there was a greater number of people coming on in the mornings with their coffee. Anytime of day, we had a lot more people and greater energy for motivated posters wanting to share than now.

I guess the 2nd gen pool is getting smaller but also offset somewhat by the trucks getting older therefore needing more repairs.

I think I first subscribed in 2018 when I bought the 2500 diesel, I had lurked for years for none engine related stuff for my 3500 V8 and you are correct in that even since 2018 there seems less posts

• Thanks 1