• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Facebook Link...

Should we have a Facebook connection?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a Facebook connection?

• Yes...
    • No Thank you...

• Owner

Ok gang... I've been thinking about the Facebook thing... Would you guys/gals want me to add the Facebook connection to the site? The module has always been here and part of the forum but I wasn't happy with the function in the early times and the bugs it had. Well it seem to work now ok... I'm not exactly a Facebook fan myself but I know a lot of you happen to use it alot and might enjoy the features of being able to smack the like button adding post to your wall... :shrug: So should I enable the Facebook function???

I did "friend you" over on FB... (Yes, it was me, Mike)... I'm still learning the ropes on FB. I had to join to see family pictures. I disabled the FB link on my MS message board as my MS members discuss their private medical situations... TMI for most family & friends. Russ

• Owner

I did "friend you" over on FB... (Yes, it was me, Mike)... I'm still learning the ropes on FB. I had to join to see family pictures. I disabled the FB link on my MS message board as my MS members discuss their private medical situations... TMI for most family & friends. Russ

I figured that was you Russ... :thumb1: I went over there to check the page which I do about once every 6 months. :clap: Perosnally I'm not a big fan of Facebook and thing its a waste of time (time sink). But there is other that actual do use it. Then the other half is if I'm linked to high Page Rank sites it will help improve my current score of 1... :rolleyes:http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/ - (In the footer of the page.) Ever since that server swap I lost a huge amount of effort and work to that URL screw up so I've been studing the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) functions of web sites and one of the suggested is hook up with Twitter or Facebook. Well since the Facebook module is present in the vBulletin software and just disabled it would be a matter of flipping a switch to enable it. I went through all the HTML pages and certify that they are xHTML 1.0 Transitional (Certified code and error free) Then double checked the the CSS script and it certified error free... So I've done all I can to improve the site... :shrug: But before I made this leap I wanted to hear from the other members and there feeling towards Facebook...

• Staff

I voted yes, but wan't to retract. I am on FB, not often, but on it.. But I want to say no, because I recall one of the other forum's doing a facebook think on the forum and it was annoying as can be, I am glad they dropped it after a few days. Now a FB group wouldn't be bad, but I really didn't like the vBulliten FB interface.

I use facecrack very little...to me it's a place where all the people that know you that will hardly ever speak to you when they see somewhere, go to add you as a friend so they can be a rubber necker and see what you do. For the most part it's for nosey people...you know the ones...the ones that have like 800 friends! :lol:

I use FB daily. But that's just me. I keep connected with my huge Irish and Mexican family members, as well as old classmates, and military friends.I don't particularly care, however, for the forum interaction, nor do I use it's functionality. We have it implemented on another forum I frequent, but it tends to become a little convoluted. I don't care either way, but I won't use it if implemented here.Just my dos centavos, or dhá cent

I did not found my site... so it was working OK. What did I know? I found an article on search optimization & started to poke around. One thing I did, I found out how to put every key word I could think of in my meta name="keywords" content= line... now my site comes up quickly with search engines. It's actually funny, I go to research a topic & it brings me back to my own site!! But it does work, our page view are up & our membership is slowly increasing again.

• Owner

I did not found my site... so it was working OK. What did I know? I found an article on search optimization & started to poke around. One thing I did, I found out how to put every key word I could think of in my meta name="keywords" content= line... now my site comes up quickly with search engines. It's actually funny, I go to research a topic & it brings me back to my own site!! But it does work, our page view are up & our membership is slowly increasing again.

Here is what I used for keyword finding... http://www.webuildpages.com/seo-tools/keyword-density/

What site?

• Owner

What site?

You've gone and done it now Russ. You know you got to post up a link to your site... :duh:

I will be the last hold out from the social networks when the world ends. Anyone who knows me can call me or e-mail me plain and simple. I don't do gossip. The only socializing i do is on the diesel forums and a couple others but very rarely if ever on the others. The onion is funny but it is scary true what they mocked in that segment.