• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What fuel pressure do you run if you have a gauge?

what is your fuel pressure at idle and WOT multiple choice  

211 members have voted

1. 1. what is your fuel pressure at idle and WOT multiple choice

• 10-12 idle
    • 13-15 idle
    • 16-18 idle
    • 19-21 idle
    • 22+ idle
    • 10-12 WOT
    • 13-15 WOT
    • 16-18 WOT
    • 19-21 WOT
    • 22+ WOT

I never knew about these issues until a few years ago when I started reading up on things so I set aside some money for another VP and I figured I'd just run it until it quits.

Glad you got it figured out. Just didn't want to see you be upset when the VP goes south!
  • Like 1

• Staff

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3634[/ATTACH] Actually its the return line to the filler neck will have all this behind the fitting...

So your saying that spring is not on the Raptor 100 since the return line does not run thru like yours? Is that right. Another question is why I'm seeing sometimes as much as a 5 p.s.i. drop at wot. Would a 60 gallon per hour pre filter cause that? I can change to 90 gal. per hour filter easy enough. BTW, I do have the Vulvan big lines all the way from the big draw straw to the vp. Thanks for opinions too:hyper:

• Staff

Thanks Driply and Mopar I realize, but was wondering too if anyone knew the amount of flow the ISB engine is capable of. Like say 90 gallons per hour. If that's true then I need to go the next filter size up.Also where is that spring and ball on a raptor 100. Don't know how I get so lost and don't understand. I think my head's all bone sometimes:banghead: :)

If I am correct you do not have the spring and ball. The adjustable regulater has a spring and plunger. You adjust your pressure with the screw on the regulator and not by swapping springs like the AD 100 and 150. Just loosen the jam nut and adjust the screw until you achieve the pressure you are looking for. Thats how my ADII works and I would think the Raptor would be the same since it has a regulator.

• Like 1

one thing to note, overpressuring will cause leaks and i proved it by accident with my neigbors rig. I installed a raptor150 on his and initially set it at 20 psi mechanical gauge and it ran perfect. I did tell him we need to readjust once the unit breaks in but he told me he was leaking fuel 3 weeks after the install. I tested the pressure and the startup pressure was 35psi!!! idled at 28ish.this was causing fuel to push past the orings/seals on the fuel in water relief drain lever and drip on his axle.i adjusted it back down to 20 psi idle and no more leaking. Plus the small bolts holding that lever to the filter can were a bit loose so i tightened them as well.no more leaks!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Owner

one thing to note, overpressuring will cause leaks and i proved it by accident with my neigbors rig. I installed a raptor150 on his and initially set it at 20 psi mechanical gauge and it ran perfect. I did tell him we need to readjust once the unit breaks in but he told me he was leaking fuel 3 weeks after the install. I tested the pressure and the startup pressure was 35psi!!! idled at 28ish. this was causing fuel to push past the orings/seals on the fuel in water relief drain lever and drip on his axle. i adjusted it back down to 20 psi idle and no more leaking. Plus the small bolts holding that lever to the filter can were a bit loose so i tightened them as well. no more leaks!

Reason why... Because you got to remember the return line is tiny compared to the 1/2" supply line going to the injection pump. So increasing the fuel pressure over 14 PSI will open the overflow valve which is good but excessive pressure will eventually presurize the return line because its too small to handle the return flow. So like with my setup with cold fuel I see 17 PSI @ idle and 15 @ WOT. But with warm fuel its 19 @ idle and 17 @ WOT... Remember I see much colder temps than most of you flat landers...
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...