• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Friday Funny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner
4 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

That's why I use all season nitrogen.

I always got a laugh out of the whole nitrogen thing. By volume, dry air contains 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen,[1] 0.93% argon, 0.04% carbon dioxide, and small amounts of other gases.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Nitrogen filled tires is a huge safety item and especially in large tires in certain industrial areas where one doesn't want any more oxygen from a blown tire feeding or fueling a fire or even a tire fire.

I would bet that in 99.9% of the automotive tire shops they are wasting time and money if they are filling with nitrogen.

Having had training in tires and tire safety coming from the mine industry where tires can run up to the $250K each price range for some tires longevity is key.

To properly fill a tire with nitrogen the correct way is extremely time consuming and unless one has access to a bulk liquid nitrogen supplier is a waste of time for those who claim to fill them with nitrogen.

To do it correctly requires the tire be seated to the bead and aired up to ensure it is sealed and then aired back down and pulled into a slight vacuum but not to unseat the bead, then the nitrogen filling starts and it needs to be filled with nitrogen and drained down into a vacuum 2 times and then a final fill of nitrogen to get a near pure nitrogen fill. See the issue here?

It is much more stable and does help tires last longer and the pressure doesn't change with temp differences like normal atmo air plus like I said it is the safety issues as well when it comes to fire ect.

Back on track.

when-threatened-the-pope-can-spray-holy-venom-up-to-2723997.png

Edited by Wild and Free
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...