• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Who Has the Most Miles on a Dodge Ram Automatic Trans

I would say that you are nearing the end of useful life of the clutches in the trans.   But if your truck had an easy life then I wouldn't worry much,  You might do a band adjustment and verify you still have clutch surface on the bands.  Use that as a rough indicator of tranny life.

• 7 months later...

2000 QCLB 4x4, 425k on my truck, and according to the original owner, the only thing he ever replaced was the vp44 at 300k. It does run good but only use it short distances nowadays. If it sits for a week or so I have to warm it up for a couple of minutes before it moves.

Edited by Nicaragüense

There is no advantage to removing it unless replacing the cooler line with the oem line with a temp sensor port in it then they would be doubled up so removing one from the cooler fitting is needed so as not to have 2 in the line which then could cause lower flow issues.

Ever since I started paying attention at my buddys trans shop who builds mainly Cummins trans but does everything I've seen some pretty sorry excuses for (built trans) in these trucks mainly the big name brand ones remember he warrantys his trans for 3 years unlimited miles no matter what ur doing if pulling racing it's pretty interesting watching one get tore down and put back together

Interesting fact u can put a 4th gen trans in a second gen but u need a trans controller and a modded tc

• Like 1

On 10/29/2016 at 9:19 PM, Nicaragüense said:

2000 QCLB 4x4, 425k on my truck, and according to the original owner, the only thing he ever replaced was the vp44 at 300k. It does run good but only use it short distances nowadays. If it sits for a week or so I have to warm it up for a couple of minutes before it moves.

If I remember correctly theres a blurb in the FSM about this. It is fluid draining out of the TC. It says to place the truck in neutral for 20secs or so to get fluid back into the TC prior to moving. I've had to do this on my 99 which sits a decent amount between drives and it'll do the same thing. Putting her in neutral just before taking off solved the issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...