• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Most amazing mod I've ever made to a 2d gen... a new cupholder.

Ah, Dodge Cupholders. There are so many classic designs.  

Remember the old 1994-7 dual action one designed to either flip a mountain dew onto your right inner thigh and knee or bounce it vertically so it spills all down your radio and fills the CD slot with goo?  

How about the 98-02 model that looks super cool, fits up into the dash, but squeaks... creaks... and you only put one drink into because it is made of paper mache?  

I decided that I had enough.  I went to Genos and ordered the center console cupholder I've always wanted.  Let me break it down for you.  This cupholder CHANGED MY LIFE!  I am not sure what this says about me, my personal standards, or quality of life, but it is an amazing experience. This one piece of blown plastic has fixed one of the major design flaws on my truck.  It really is the little things that really make a difference sometimes.  I can overlook the faded paint, the hail damage, the shattered dash, and lack of 4 doors, because I now have a cupholder that works. 

6f23RQ8.jpg

• Like 4

• Owner

Kind of like the Weather Tech Floormats JAG1 got me... Really nice not to have to vacuum the truck all the time just shake the mat out once in awhile. As for your cup holder its a automatic I've heard all the horror stories about them. No worse than the early 2nd gen cup holders high on the dash. They suck too. Now mine in the 02 truck I love because even a 1 liter bottle fits in the big holder. I might have to pick on up for the 96 Dodge though...  :)

I was lucky, never had an issue with them in any of my 3 second gens although the one up high on the 95 was dumb, wifes old 03 jetta was the same way. The one in my 2010 is pretty much the same as the 99 and 02 and the 05 flips down out of the lower dash and does squeak a lot on the back roads I drive daily. I did break a hinge on my 02 once, dog jumped in and stepped on it almost instantly. :rolleyes:  :doh:

Aren't these cup holders supposed to be compatible with standard transmissions? anyone know how true that is?  I have considered buying one of these, but I hate to spend the money only to find out I can't shift with the cup holder installed.

• Staff

I have one on my 05 manual transmission and it works fine. Some bigger cups in the left holder will hit my pistol grip shifter.

I am not sure if it would work with a G56 thou, as the shifter seems much shorter and further aft. My mom wants my dad to put a pistol grip shifter in his 06 but we don't think it would work.

• Staff

CSM, isn't life great? Some things hit just right, like a home run.

You'll have to make it to Mopars 2017 full eclipse meet and greet then I can put in some fresh ground coffee brewed just like the Cowboys did it.

• 2 weeks later...

Did the same ..... ordered the Geno's cup holder, and instantly life changed for me!

Met the woman of my dreams, won the powerball lotto, started to grow hair on my head, my dog likes me now ....... and best of all. No more spilt coffee !!!

Good investment if you drive a stick transmission with the useless cup holders on the floor.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...