• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New BHAF options!

Air Filter Poll  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What would you use?

• BHAF
    • New airbox for new filter
    • Full air box kit and filter

• 1 month later...

Do you guys run a piece of 4 inch exhaust inside the collar of a normal Donaldson BHAF? I thought about it when I put mine on a few thousand miles ago, but I was worried about the aluminizing possibly flaking off and getting sucked in. Not sure if that can happen or not? It also didn't seem necessary as the collar on the Donaldson is pretty stiff. After reading some of your comments about premature engine rebuilds and BHAF's I'm second guessing things....

You're talking about the filter collapsing around where it attaches to the intake tube right? 

I used some black pvc piping in mine to keep it more rigid, but I also was using an amsoil filter so slightly different, and might be a little less supportive then the true BHAF.

• Owner
1 hour ago, leathermaneod said:

Well just reading some of the comments about premature engine rebuilds earlier in this thread had me concerned that I didn't add any kind of stiffener inside the filter collar. It seemed pretty stiff to me so I didn't bother. Do you add anything?

Typically not an issue as long as your not over zealous tightening the clamp.

• 4 months later...

Ok so I finally got my heat shielf made so finally going to get a BHAF ordered up for the 02. What, if anything, do you guys use to keep the filter in place? Wish I wouldn't thought of this before hand because I would've tried to add something into the shield itself to help with holding it down.