• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mopar1973Man's Crankcase Vent Modification

Have you done Mopar1973Man's crankcase vent mod?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Have you done Mopar1973Man's crankcase vent mod?

• Yes...got it installed already.
    • Not yet but plan to do it.
    • Not doing it.
    • Don't know what it is.

The grade is a measurement of the slope of a hill. It is calculated by using a given distance(normally 1 mile for roads) and the height difference from start to finish. Rise over run is the easy way to say it. For example if you have a rise of 850 feet over a distance of 1 mile you have a 16% grade. 850/5280=.16098485. You multiply yoiur answer by 100 and that gives you the percentage. I definitely used a calculator for that specific number, I'm good at math, but not at this time of day, :lmao:

Thanks for completely ruining my over explanation, lmao. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

We work on 1.5 to 2 acre lots. 100 foot increments is about all we use. Keeps it simple. Funny thing is I dont remember seeing your explanation when I replied.

We work on 1.5 to 2 acre lots. 100 foot increments is about all we use. Keeps it simple. Funny thing is I dont remember seeing your explanation when I replied.

I usually have to retype everything i go to post because i can't remember what was already posted, lol. I just went way to far into explaining it. Used a mile as a distance instead. Glad you spoke up, i re read what i put and made my own head hurt, lmao Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Man I have not read this thread for a long long time, I can't belive how elaborate you guys get and then add all that extra piping in the already busiest spot on the engine would drive me nuts to work around yuk yuk yuk.:2cents:The guy who bought the Walker airsep I had on my 02 loves it and I still like my garden hose approach dumping it out behind the engine., I even rerouted the one on my 05 as it dripped on the front diff housing right above the pinion by the yoke and made it look like I have a leaky pinion seal so I added hose to it and did the same as my 02 and ran it through the frame towards the back and out the next hole.

• 2 months later...

Man I have not read this thread for a long long time, I can't belive how elaborate you guys get and then add all that extra piping in the already busiest spot on the engine would drive me nuts to work around yuk yuk yuk.:2cents: The guy who bought the Walker airsep I had on my 02 loves it and I still like my garden hose approach dumping it out behind the engine., I even rerouted the one on my 05 as it dripped on the front diff housing right above the pinion by the yoke and made it look like I have a leaky pinion seal so I added hose to it and did the same as my 02 and ran it through the frame towards the back and out the next hole.

Bill, Would you happen to have a picture of the routing you took for the garden house? Curious to see exactly where you ran it. Up over the engine? Off to the side? Thanks

• 4 years later...

Heater hose and probably garden hose to well get all oil soaked and a terrible greasy mess.

i converted to plastic PVC pipe 1/2" schedule 40

I dont care for routing over the top, I dont drive at 20 or 22 degree down hill slopes

Edited by GSP7

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone, Newbie question here.

I have a 98.5 24v which has a cap on the front cover and a 12" hose coming down the tappet cover. The thing is i live in a association that is very picky about my driveway being stained. So with that being said i can't have any leaks on my truck, so has anyone tried installing a catch can at the end of the tapper cover hose? If someone has done can you provide the link or maybe pictures.

I recently installed an Airdog 150 and thought of maybe installing a catch can right next to it and route the hose all the way there to make it accessible when emptying it out.

I was looking into this one, and having it mounted next to the Airdog under the cabin. Keep in mind i live in Florida and i don't go muding or anything like that, so i should have any problem with debris or the hose freezing shut.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JR5UU2Q?pf_rd_p=1cac67ce-697a-47be-b2f5-9ae91aab54f2&pf_rd_r=JYG03DZZS6FMKVY3HBPQ

Edited by Yohan

• Owner
1 hour ago, Mad Bomber said:

I just added more hose and went to the ground

Be aware panic stop and steep slopes can and will push quart or more out yet. Makes to check you oil often if either condition occurs.

Vent pipe prevents these two conditions from happening. The worse case I lost a full gallon. Be aware...