• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck stolen

48 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Thank you gentlemen. This really is the best forum on the internet!

A big thanks to @Mopar1973Man and @Me78569 for keeping this place running.

I'm also offering up a $1000 reward for any information that leads me to my truck. I WANT IT BACK

Maybe a dumb question but were you home when it was taken? My truck is loud compared to more modern rigs and cant image not hearing it fire up without me behind the wheel.

That being said, i have been the victim of auto theft too (not to detract from your situation) but hope you had theft insurance.  I did not and all my hard earn money i sunk into my tricked out k5 blazer drove away.  

My truck ended up parted out in less then a week, so wishing you the best but please prepare to move on.

Sry man.....i know what its like, mine was ripped off while on a 1st date.

47 minutes ago, NightHawk said:

Maybe a dumb question but were you home when it was taken? My truck is loud compared to more modern rigs and cant image not hearing it fire up without me behind the wheel.

That being said, i have been the victim of auto theft too (not to detract from your situation) but hope you had theft insurance.  I did not and all my hard earn money i sunk into my tricked out k5 blazer drove away.  

My truck ended up parted out in less then a week, so wishing you the best but please prepare to move on.

Sry man.....i know what its like, mine was ripped off while on a 1st date.

I did have insurance, but they aren't going to give me the 30K I've got into the truck. Still working with them on that. 

I was home, but I sleep like a rock. Like cops and ambulances show up with the lights on and the horns blaring and I don't wake up (Room mate told me about that one) Now I can't hardly sleep. Every little creak wakes me up haha O well, that'll pass.

Like I've said before, I'm hoping for the best while expecting the worst. As my dad told me today: "FK it Tyler, it's just money. We'll build a more powerful monster this time."

Edited by TFaoro
  • Like 2

• Staff

I'm curious....Was it parked out on a busy street or was it up on a quiet driveway??

I would  call every paint shop around because there is no denying the way your truck is painted. I bet it's going to a one solid color that's a common stock color. Only way to hide that truck.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2016 at 10:00 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

I've got an idea on a "One Wire Dead Man's Switch". Basically takes control of the fuel pump relay ground lead and very easy to do. Since its a one wire very easy to stash and the switch can be hidden anywhere making it a fool proof anti-start system for the truck. 

You could do some wire magic and run two wires and try the horns to the ignition switch so every time they attempt to crank the ignition the horn blows. No start yet... LOL.

I thought it would still run even without the fuel pump, because vp has internal pump? Unless you're talking disabling vp. What about fuel shut off silinoid in line somewhere and a switch, then if they start it it will only run for a little and die and then you'd have to figure out why it died and bleed lines. Just a thought. 

4 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I'm curious....Was it parked out on a busy street or was it up on a quiet driveway??

I would  call every paint shop around because there is no denying the way your truck is painted. I bet it's going to a one solid color that's a common stock color. Only way to hide that truck.

It was in an apartment parking lot. There are quite a few cars in it every night and it's pretty well lit.

Even if it's painted they aren't going to get the bedliner off the rockers. That would be very noticeable, along with the rims, tires, bumper, mirrors, traction bars, big @ss hook hitch, etc.

25 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Can you show which wire please, I think you have in a past. 

I went out and took pictures of where you can access this wire and posted it in the topic linked below.  It is the ninth comment in the topic. 

Edited by Hawkez
  • Like 1

Not sure anything has been shared that would defeat the purpose of an anti theft device/switch.  The key to making the anti-device work would be to making it accessible to authorized drives but hidden & difficult to find by those that are more nefarious.   Obviously sharing ideas of how someone could accomplish this is the purpose of this forum, however, when I install one on my truck I don't plan on sharing the details of inside the cab...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TFaoro said:

Let's keep the anti-theft ideas OUT of public view guys. 

I think Mike is looking to make a sort of "exclusive" side to the forums where these topics could be discussed openly and safely, but like Hawkez mentioned, nothing too revealing has been put out.

• Staff

what about something mechanical like a bar that goes thru the u joints? Or a bar you drop thru the floorboard goes down to the ground and locks to the steering wheel. Have a rubber plug insert that goes into the hole drilled in the floorboard when not in use. I'm thinking 1 1/2 inch bar stock.

Edited by JAG1

28 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

what about something mechanical like a bar that goes thru the u joints? Or a bar you drop thru the floorboard goes down to the ground and locks to the steering wheel. Have a rubber plug insert that goes into the hole drilled in the floorboard when not in use. I'm thinking 1 1/2 inch bar stock.

I like your idea the only problem I see these days with cordless tools you can have that thing cut in half in 30 seconds

Going the mechanical route would be easy.  There are a lot of commercially available items, like the club.  There are also item that lock the steering wheel to the clutch or brake pedal.  The would certainly make it more difficult, but not impossible to steel. 

It would be nice to find something that would cause a delinquent to panic and run away.  Anyone patient enough, with enough time can cut through a mechanical lock-out...also, how easily are these booby-traps to set.  Once it becomes too time consuming to set and unset each time a person will become complacent and quit setting them.

• Like 2

I think anything you can do to deture a thief might run the ordinary thief off (if thier is such a thing) but that being said if a thief wants your vehicle, most likely the professional ones, it don't mater what kind of system you have they are going to get it,

I have heard in places like the Denver area, and probably other cities that towing company's prey on illegally parked vehicles. and can back up to one and have it loaded in a minute. no matter if it's locked or not.

Just wondering @TFaoro was thier any evidence of a roll off or any other truck involved

• Like 1