• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck stolen

• Staff
11 hours ago, WiscoRedkneck said:

Ya I felt like an idiot when I reviewed the pictures after talking with Tyler 

The motor didn't even have twins nor was it painted also it didn't have head studs very obvious items I should have noticed.....:doh:

Don't feel bad Ben everyone appreciates those that are searching for it.

Me too:thumb1:

Please, no one feel bad if you find something and it turns out to not be it. I'd rather leave no stone unturned than risk skipping over it. I appreciate everyone keeping an eye out. 

When the police tell me I can, I'll release everything I know to the public. Hopefully I'll be speaking the the Denver special divisions for stolen vehicles.

http://www.lakewood.org/police/investigations/the_metropolitan_auto_task_force.aspx

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TFaoro said:

Rumor on Facebook in my area is 15+ stolen diesel trucks were found in a chop shop..... maybe something will come of that.

Yeah but I am getting a smoking good deal on a twin turbo cummins for my Kubota repower project..............Don't screw it up dammit!:gun::lol3::backtotopic:

• Like 1

On 9/7/2016 at 9:31 AM, Wild and Free said:

Yeah but I am getting a smoking good deal on a twin turbo cummins for my Kubota repower project..............Don't screw it up dammit!:gun::lol3::backtotopic:

Better make sure you do the correct mods.... upgrade that transmission :lol: 

On 9/7/2016 at 9:59 AM, BBHD said:

I certainly hope something comes about from this and it's positive!

From what I've heard, the trucks they found have been torn down pretty far. I'm going to call the investigator tomorrow and see if he can give me some info on the bust.

Added up all of the mods for the insurance company today. 

$37,210 in aftermarkets / customozation (Assuming full price for everything) (Does not include all of my time in labor)

$1,795 in personal items that were in the truck's cab / toolbox

$10,000 for purchase price.

Total loss = $49,005    ugh....

Edited by TFaoro

8 hours ago, TFaoro said:

From what I've heard, the trucks they found have been torn down pretty far. I'm going to call the investigator tomorrow and see if he can give me some info on the bust.

Added up all of the mods for the insurance company today. 

$37,210 in aftermarkets / customozation (Assuming full price for everything) (Does not include all of my time in labor)

$1,795 in personal items that were in the truck's cab / toolbox

$10,000 for purchase price.

Total loss = $47,005    ugh....

Having gone through this before one thing to do is find comparable  trucks(I use that term  loosely!) to yours and have those ready to argue with the insurance if they aren't being fair in their offer. 

• Staff

Unfortunately parts are what older trucks are stolen for, especially that far north of the border. There isn't much you can do in the US with a stolen vehicle aside from part it, race and crash it, or take it over the border. There is minimal market across the  border for older stolen stuff. 

Good luck with finding it, or with the insurance company!! 

Do you think it was a random theft or targeted based on mods?

Reminds me of a story my wife's uncle who lives in Tucson AZ. told me several years ago, they are so close to the border that stolen vehicles are all to common and they all wind up just across the border in Nogales, his neighbor is an attorney had a half ton chevy stolen so knowing it was all but gone knowing how the system works hired another guy who specializes in recovery theft so to speak to go down to Nogales and find and steel it back for him. he was lucky it was not damaged or hacked yet but the practice is quite popular down there I guess.

He also said that if one visits Mexican towns just across the border and you take your own vehicle and the young kids ask to watch your car for 10 bucks is the best money you can spend as they will watch it like a hawk, turn them down and they will wave over their buds to steal or strip it once you are out of site.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AH64ID said:

Do you think it was a random theft or targeted based on mods?

Targeted. Tons of trucks in the area have gone missing recently. At least 4 were taken the same night as mine, and at least two the night before.