• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

A trip to see grandma...

hex0rz

I just got home from an 18 hour drive. Way too tired to explain, but going to get this thread started. When i get some rest, I'll go into details. 

To summarize quickly though, if it weren't for MIKE, this trip would have never happened! The hand of God literally guided us to and fro!

It was an exciting time and i hope i will convey it properly to help fully grasp what happened...

• Like 1

Very sorry! I slept for many hours after getting home. I was beat! I'm still really tired from it all. 

It's my bday today so we have been a bit lazy.. :)

Unfortunately, my bday money gets to go towards fixing the truck. :/

I'll do the story after eating dinner, lol. Getting home at 3am last night put me right back on my work schedule. Guess i don't get to skip a beat!

• Owner

I still wear the burns in my left index finger from those hot injectors. I knew time was short for him so without waiting for the engine to cool I was tearing it apart. I admit in push hard and fast I did forget to tighten the #2 line up. After he calledI started thinking about it and then :doh: (D'Oh!) Well I human I do make mistakes when I tired. At least @hex0rz can send his back in for repair and then mail back mine when he's got his fixed or replaced.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

You have a great perspective on life.  Many people would have looked at that trip and only say the misfortune and bad luck.  I think good can be found in most situations if you look for it.  Being positive and happy is a personal choice and thanks for sharing your story. 

• Like 4

Quite the story. Good to see that setbacks turned out so well and you kept up your spirits thru it all.Having good friends like Mike helps. I like you grew up with my mom's mom, Bubby is what we all called her. She lived with us right into high school. Being born in 1880, she had a different perspective of looking at things than I. I do sorely wish I could make the journey you did and see Bubby again.   

12 hours ago, IBMobile said:

What a trip, what a story!  Love, kindness and good fortune was around every corner.  Thank you for sharing.    

Your most welcome!

12 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I still wear the burns in my left index finger from those hot injectors. I knew time was short for him so without waiting for the engine to cool I was tearing it apart. I admit in push hard and fast I did forget to tighten the #2 line up. After he calledI started thinking about it and then :doh: (D'Oh!) Well I human I do make mistakes when I tired. At least @hex0rz can send his back in for repair and then mail back mine when he's got his fixed or replaced.

I thought you had it in th bag! But to be honest i don't even hardly remember showing up. If you didn't have me their distracting you the whole time..

I will admit i was impressed that you got that puppy running again and the truck was still hot after getting finished!

Once i get my new set of tires on and my injectors bench tested, i will get yours back to you asap!

12 hours ago, BBHD said:

What a great story! I'm glad everything worked the way it was supposed to...FAVOR is always there for who trust in the Lord :thumbup2:

I need moments in my life where i can see God working. And as usual he knows when that is. It seems as though the older i get the more seemingly mature i get. It's nice knowing that even despite my best efforts, when i feel like all is lost and there is nothing left in me that can do anything, the helper is there to step in and show me that he is still interested in my life. 

12 hours ago, Hawkez said:

You have a great perspective on life.  Many people would have looked at that trip and only say the misfortune and bad luck.  I think good can be found in most situations if you look for it.  Being positive and happy is a personal choice and thanks for sharing your story. 

While i tried to stay positive, and mostly did, i think maybe i painted myself in too good of a light. I'm usually prone to being negative.  LOL 

The only grace i had was that the overall picture was revealed to me. 

11 hours ago, notlimah said:

Thanks for sharing your story! Glad you took away what was important from the trip and didn't focus on the negative. It's perspective like this that lacks popularity now a days!

I agree. It truly was just too good of a time to be anything but!

6 hours ago, GSP7 said:

Mike sounds like a good man and great friend :thumb1:

I certainly think so as well! I can only hope that he considers me a friend! I know i call him friend! I just hope he doesn't think i was using him. ;)

6 hours ago, dripley said:

Quite the story. Good to see that setbacks turned out so well and you kept up your spirits thru it all.Having good friends like Mike helps. I like you grew up with my mom's mom, Bubby is what we all called her. She lived with us right into high school. Being born in 1880, she had a different perspective of looking at things than I. I do sorely wish I could make the journey you did and see Bubby again.   

I can bet she lived one very interesting life. She would have seen so many events of history! Much wisdom to impart on the world, whomever that was willing to listen. 

Im glad everyone got to enjoy my story! I will add that when leaving Mike's and until i noticed the loose line, i lost a 100 mile potential to my tank. I think that was about 6 gallons of fuel. Crazy!

Here is a couple pictures:

20160920_121833_zpsaaqloiks.jpg

20160920_135609_zpslo6b0byq.jpg

• Like 3

Great story.....  Today its terribly common for families to separate due to many reasons and end up at opposite ends of the earth.  Sad too because family is everything.  But nonetheless, I'm glad you guys got there OK and back home safely too.  Now take that little wife to the coast and build more memories. :thumbup2: