• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

About had it with the Quad already

Sycostang67

Cool,  just run it like it is for a while.    adjust the level to suit your needs like you would with the edge.  Once you find something you want to adjust to fit your driving style we can work through what does what.  

At this point you should have exactly what you had with the edge.

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

Next click custom tune menu > create new > name it whatever you like.   creating a custom tune on the app, imports the current tune, in this case the defualt tune, values into that new tune.  This will make it easy to build off of.

This may explain another issue I was having before the reset.  I would choose a tune to edit, "Happy" for example but it would bring up a different tune like the tow tune.  Every one I clicked on brought up something else.  After I reset to defaults, they all went back to pulling up properly.  I assume now that's because I was clicking create new tune when I had a created tune already selected so it was basing off that instead of the default tune.

Sorry so late to the thread. I didn't see this thread until just now. 

The beta version of the app that @Me78569 posted earlier should show a progress bar and keep you from changing stuff while the app is loading its parameters and custom tuning. It can also be found here: 

http://quadzillatech.com/TunesDownloads/AndroidApp/IQUAD_Android_app-release(1.9.40(56)).apk

for Android. 

And here: 

http://quadzillatech.com/TunesDownloads/iPhoneApp/iQuadIOS(Apple)(1.9.42).ipa

for iPhone. 

You will need to completely delete the current app and then download this one and install it. It will require you to enable unsigned apps to install these versions. These should be released to the marketplace after 1 more bug fix in January. 

We know of at least 1 way that the app will still freeze. If your truck cranks for a long time it will disconnect from the app and if it is in the middle of trying to load a custom tune will freeze the app requiring you to restart it. 

With that said, the reason why your current app is freezing a lot is because you are trying to change power levels or something else while it is trying to update the Adrenaline with the custom tune settings. If you have the wrong vehicle selected this can take up to 2 minutes. In the meantime you had no idea that you couldn't press a button therefor the frustration with the app.  

Hopefully this will be fixed in January. I apologize you are having these issues. 

2 hours ago, Sycostang67 said:

This may explain another issue I was having before the reset.  I would choose a tune to edit, "Happy" for example but it would bring up a different tune like the tow tune.  Every one I clicked on brought up something else.  After I reset to defaults, they all went back to pulling up properly.  I assume now that's because I was clicking create new tune when I had a created tune already selected so it was basing off that instead of the default tune.

yep the app uses whatever the tuning variables are currently assigned as.

Today was the final straw, this thing could've killed me.  I went to work this morning and everything worked fine, when I went to leave, it refused to connect again.  I tried restarting the truck, the tablet, nothing.  Of course I am stuck on the last tune I was using which is the hotter one I had been working on yesterday.  The roads were a bit sketchy coming into town, as I'm coming around a long curve, I hit the sweet spot in the tps where it ramps fueling and kicks the rear end out on me.  Thankfully no one was around as I used 3 of the 5 lanes to recover.  If I can't trust this thing to work all the time, heck even most of the time would be nice, I don't want it on my truck anymore. 

• Like 1

• Owner

I'll let you know... Connection to the tablet or phone is NOT required. It is required to change tunes or levels. As for connection issues I do have that problem myself you have to shut down and start up the app at least 5 times to get a connection. Then after that it works fine. 

That's also a good reason I haven't tapped my wire as of yet being I know the VP44 is going to hold up fine but I don't need the risk. There is other solutions. Level 2 only does fuel up to 100% without wire tap.  Level 3 does full CANBus fuel. So in snow and ice conditions level 2 is a good one to limit back the fuel and keep things from breaking lose.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I wanted to turn the power level down because I knew the roads would be sketchy in some spots.  Without a connection though, there wasn't much I could do.  Is there anyway I can return this thing or do I have to eat it.  I'm not sure I would feel that comfortable reselling it.  I have a guilty conscience and would not feel right passing along my headache.

• Like 1

Not sure if you tried it yet, turn airplane mode on and make sure the only thing that is linked is quad. I had some problems but after I updated to betta flash and app that Nick provided it's been good to me, I'm using quadzilla only with a load bar.

Also might try moving iquad BT under hood, could be signal not getting through the firewall 

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Not sure if you tried it yet, turn airplane mode on and make sure the only thing that is linked is quad. I had some problems but after I updated to betta flash and app that Nick provided it's been good to me, I'm using quadzilla only with a load bar.

Also might try moving iquad BT under hood, could be signal not getting through the firewall 

the load bar is on all profiles of the beta app.  the quadzilla only profile has the mpg stuff built in,  I hope soon enough Quadzilla will more the app version out of beta because it is way nicer when it comes to showing the tune loading process. 

I dont think I have touched my screen in ~3 weeks now.  Always within ~1 minute it is connected, normally within 5-10 seconds of keying on the tune is applying.   

• Like 2

I updated to the custom beta to see this progress bar, and I changed from 2.5 to 2.7 Quadzilla only and ofcourse I still dont see it. Seems to connect about the same still. What am I meant to be on to make this progress bar show up? ( simple things like this start to drive me mad, luckily I move on with life..)

Theres no beta app in the play store and I've loaded the beta 2.7 from the downloads here..

that's what had me messing around with that batch file the other day; i wasnt tinkering for no reason

I updated to the custom beta to see this progress bar

Edited by rogerash0

Once the app connects once it will reliably auto connect from that point forward.    I find the less I fight the app, mess with it, the better it works.   Keep in mind that the connections cycles at 30 seconds, then it takes another 30-45 seconds for all the tune variables to load, a lot of guys dont give it enough time to auto connect and get running.    

If you click settings in the app, and dont see "connect to adr" then the app is trying to connect or it is loading tune variables.  Don't exit the app in that period as you might create a "loop" where the box under the hood is trying to send variable A but the app is expecting variable b.

If I knew of those time cycles in the first place that would have been good. Im expecting it to be fast, so if I know that it should take that long, I'll probably get less frustrated and mess with it less. Often times when your explicitly waiting on something, staring at it, 30-45 seconds can feel like two minutes.

I typically dont mess with it, and agree the less u mess the better it works, but sometimes Im several minutes down the road trying to drive and its still not working.

Thx for the advice

Edited by rogerash0

• Staff
On 12/15/2017 at 10:08 AM, Sycostang67 said:

Today was the final straw, this thing could've killed me.  I went to work this morning and everything worked fine, when I went to leave, it refused to connect again.  I tried restarting the truck, the tablet, nothing.  Of course I am stuck on the last tune I was using which is the hotter one I had been working on yesterday.  The roads were a bit sketchy coming into town, as I'm coming around a long curve, I hit the sweet spot in the tps where it ramps fueling and kicks the rear end out on me.  Thankfully no one was around as I used 3 of the 5 lanes to recover.  If I can't trust this thing to work all the time, heck even most of the time would be nice, I don't want it on my truck anymore. 

On a side note, where did you find slick roads yesterday? I was all over Kuna, Meridian, and out to the airport and didn't see anything slick. Everything was as dry as it has been all week. 

You're not the first person I heard talk about slick roads, I'm just not sure where they were. :wink: