• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
Me78569

Well the Order is in

3 hours ago, Me78569 said:

It's not you, it my truck...well and you, together....bad things

I think it's time for you to head over to to the 4th gen section and make a "Nick's 4th Gen" thread so we can watch you start tearing things up :) 

I can see it now,

Post 1. Hey guys look at this awesome mod I did to x,y,z

Post 2. Guys I am getting a divorce and sellin ghte truck 

:shifty: lol

Edited by Me78569
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I can see it now,

Post 1. Hey guys look at this awesome mod I did to x,y,z

Post 2. Guys I am getting a divorce and sellin ghte truck 

:shifty: lol

Post 3. I bought another POS 2nd gen :lmao: 

BTW your first mod should be a 2 Lo kit built by YOU :)

Edited by TFaoro

Update

Post # 4,

'' Well I saved the marriage, but had to give her the truck.'' :)

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

So far I have 288,000 miles on my original factory clutch.  How many miles do you think you will get from your original factory dual mass flywheel?

Sorry..., I just had to ask.

Enjoy your new ride! 

Will you still help us out with questions about our ancient trucks?

- John

26 minutes ago, Tractorman said:

So far I have 288,000 miles on my original factory clutch. 

I changed mine out around 240k because it was in a shop for a few days and was surprised at how friction material was left. Not sure how far it would have gone.

18 minutes ago, dripley said:

I changed mine out around 240k because it was in a shop for a few days and was surprised at how friction material was left. Not sure how far it would have gone.

I will be replacing mine very soon as a maintenance item - no sense in taking a chance for unnecessary damage.

You must have treated your clutch right!

I see by your signature that you have a six speed.  What brand is your replacement clutch and how do you like it?

- John

Edited by Tractorman
Add a question.

I have a Southbend OFE. It holds great but is not as smooth as the oe clutch. I miss that  but don't want to be slipping one. I have  more power than I did then. They also have an OHD which I will consider if I wear this one out. 

OFE  is one organic and one feramic  facing. The one I bought.

OHD is both organic facings. The one I would consider.

@AH64ID and his father have some experience with the OHD

Google south bend clutch and see what they have.

I think the thing I am most looking forward to is messing with the data coming through the OBD plug.  

the 2nd gen trucks have an obd bus that is locked down by a chastity belt with directions in Latin,  the 4th gen is much more standard.  

With a little sniffing we should be able to have a NICE screen gauge setup using nothing other than stock sensors and a $35 obdmx device and some old andriod device

Edited by Me78569

13 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I think the thing I am most looking forward to is messing with the data coming through the OBD plug.  

the 2nd gen trucks have an obd bus that is locked down by a chastity belt with directions in Latin,  the 4th gen is much more standard.  

With a little sniffing we should be able to have a NICE screen gauge setup using nothing other than stock sensors and a $35 obdmx device and some old andriod device

If I have this right you are trying to turn this back into a 4th gen truck thread from a 2nd gen clutch thread. What's this place coming to?

On a different note I am enjoying the thread and still jealous.

31 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

@dripley  you can pay the first monthly payment if that will help??    please  :shifty: 

That is one part of the new truck thing I am not jealous of. I rember driving mine off brand spanking new and how cool that was. After the 12th payment and only 60 more to go, it soaked in pretty hard. 

i could never understand buy a new truck from a dealer, you loose over 10G just driving off the lot. let alone financing it. i made this mistake once. from then on i've payed cash for all my vehicles. i'll forever buy a used 30K mile from now on. 

but!! congrats on the new debt!!! 

27 minutes ago, Killer223 said:

i could never understand buy a new truck from a dealer, you loose over 10G just driving off the lot. let alone financing it. i made this mistake once. from then on i've payed cash for all my vehicles. i'll forever buy a used 30K mile from now on. 

but!! congrats on the new debt!!! 

I understand what you are saying, the payments are no fun. But I would buy a new one before I tried to buy one with 30k on it, the new ones are cheaper. At least what I have looked at over the years. @Me78569 already got almost 10k on the sticker.

I bought mine new and almost 16.5 years later I am still driving it a d it has been very dependable and exceeded my expectations. I do not disagree with paying cash if you have it, it is the way to go.

Normally I agree financing is not a great idea, but interest is %3 and I intend to keep it for 300,000 + miles.   I would much rather pay that interest and know the history so as to save money down the road.  Someone else's mistakes / misuses cost a ton of money....I know I have lived it with the 2nd gen.  

The diesel market is not really normal.     I have spent awhile looking for the "right truck" new or used, but it hasn't come about.  

Examples

$56k 30,000 miles
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/2016-ram-2500-limited-with/6524797748.html

$52K 36,000 miles

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/2016-ram-2500-megacab-cummine/6528369353.html

50k 40,000 miles
https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2015-ram-2500-laramie-any/6495490345.html

we are not the type to be in debt,  We pay our cc of monthly etc.  Live well within our means etc. 

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Normally I agree financing is not a great idea, but interest is %3 and I intend to keep it for 300,000 + miles.   I would much rather pay that interest and know the history so as to save money down the road.  Someone else's mistakes / misuses cost a ton of money....I know I have lived it with the 2nd gen.  

The diesel market is not really normal.     I have spent awhile looking for the "right truck" new or used, but it hasn't come about.  

Examples

$56k 30,000 miles
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/2016-ram-2500-limited-with/6524797748.html

$52K 36,000 miles

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/2016-ram-2500-megacab-cummine/6528369353.html

50k 40,000 miles
https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2015-ram-2500-laramie-any/6495490345.html

we are not the type to be in debt,  We pay our cc of monthly etc.  Live well within our means etc. 

Hey now don't be linking Laramie's with Tradesman's..... :shifty:

In all reality though, I agree with your choice. The ONLY reason I purchased mine was the 10K below blue book. I was able to beat the guy down to the price he was going to get at the dealer for trade-in. Finding a 13+ with less than 40K and a decent price is very difficult. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

kinda my point, it is hard to find a used tradesman, easy to find a laramie at 10 k under new.  A 50k laramie with 30,000 miles is a higher price than the Tradesman that we want.  

Well still waiting at BG status.   Who wants to do a group buy on a truck with low volumen midnight blue color?  :shifty:  only need "at least 9 more orders"

Edited by Me78569