• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The 2nd Gen Rejuvenate (Stock +)

21 minutes ago, KATOOM said:

To all those not paying attention to whats going on these days...  The 2nd gen trucks are becoming well sought after vehicles.  So much so that not only are people paying high dollar for them.....but thieves are after them in particular.  If your 2nd gen is truly well taken care of then dont underestimate the chances of your truck being eyeballed by someone with no good intentions.

Add battery disconnect to the to do list.  

And a trunk monkey.  

0872D4F5-72D2-40B7-899B-4591E6C461AB.jpeg.f19e1f7277fe0340c312801ad684e94d.jpeg

Edited by Ben
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dripley said:

Now all you have to do is add a trunk. 

Lol.  He can be in the back seat with dog.  

Give monkey shockwave and reloads dog gets ar pistol and mag bag.  

And i I feel I will be the one held up for more food negotiations

Not  what the bag recommends. 

Edited by Ben
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Between "Diesel the Dobberman" in the back seat and me packing a 9mm pistol rather nasty thought of stealing my truck.

Aint that the truth.  I really miss my old big pup.  When that behemoth was in the back of "his" truck no one was allowed anywhere near it except me and the peeps I mingled with.  BEST security system ever...! :shifty:

• Like 1

Made a few more updates / tweaks to the truck this weekend.  My trip is getting close (Memorial Day Weekend) so feeling a tad crunched I may not finish all I want before the trip.

First, update to the form – traction bars have 150 miles on them now so planning a bolt torque check (per manufacture) this weekend, however zero complaints/all smiles to date.  The bars make the truck just take off when you hit the go pedal, feel like I picked up power without add-ons.

Weekend Add #01 - Big Line Kit:

The kit from Vulcan was an easy install (about 45min) and greatly increased the line size (attached photos) and removed the banjo bolts.  However, if I had to re-do it, I think I would have made my own kits as ½” lines seem just overkill for my application. Truck drives / runs fine, but I am getting odd pressure fluctuations which I think are part of the factory filter housing being fed by 3/8” line however I have not adjusted the pump either so probably on me.  The pressure has random spikes (up /down) when either jumping on the throttle or off for second or two, then settles.

Weekend Add #02 – AFE Intake Tube Kit:

I previously had a BHAF tied to the factory air tube and this worked great for many miles but last few truck health checks I started to get concerned over the tube seal.  The rubber seemed fine from the outside but in handling the heat cycles seemed to have deteriorated it some which made me suspicious on its seal.  So I picked up the AFE tube kit (when on sale) and honestly this should have been done a lot sooner, way better seal and the fit is much sturdier. The price point vs. the seal concern is worth it in my opinion and the turbo sings/spools a tad better.

Big Line Kit Pic 01.jpg

Big Line Kit Pic 02.jpg

Intake Tube Kit Pic 01.jpg

Intake Tube Kit Pic 02.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2018 at 12:23 PM, notlimah said:

Those pressure fluctuations could just be a little of air still in the line getting to the gauge. Drive it a little longer or a couple got WOT runs and it should clear up. 

I was having issues after about 150 miles so swapped out to a new filter (stock housing one) and all issues went away.  The filter was approx. 1 year old so could be considered due for a change but only had 10,000miles or so.

On 4/30/2018 at 12:23 PM, notlimah said:

Those pressure fluctuations could just be a little of air still in the line getting to the gauge. Drive it a little longer or a couple got WOT runs and it should clear up. 

I was having issues after about 150 miles so swapped out to a new filter (stock housing one) and all issues went away.  The filter was approx. 1 year old so could be considered due for a change but only had 10,000miles or so.

Well my trip is here (Memorial Day Weekend) so the other items will have to wait until i get back, and i realize I only tackled 2 (where does time go?).  However this thread isn't done and hope to inspire some to update their trucks to be better performers!

1.    Heat wrap downpipe to trans mount (heat / sound reduction goal, manifold & turbo already wrapped)
2.    Big Line Kit from filter housing to vp (I have my upgraded fuel pump feed into the stock housing).
3.    Traction bars for the rear (goal is improve power transfer / remove axel twist)
4.    New front control arm bushings
5.    Interior deep clean
6.    Additional sound deadening under carpet
7.    Updated speaks / stereo (still researching)
8.    Attempt to Fix my cruise control
9.    Fix my dripping transfercase
10.    Valve Adjustment Check and new injector

• 3 weeks later...

Another comfort upgrade I would recommend is new seat foam. I did new foam and Carhartt seat covers and it makes a world of difference. If your seat foam is as broke down as mine was, you won’t regret it. No more back pain on long hauls. 

26 minutes ago, adamey1000 said:

Another comfort upgrade I would recommend is new seat foam. I did new foam and Carhartt seat covers and it makes a world of difference. If your seat foam is as broke down as mine was, you won’t regret it. No more back pain on long hauls. 

Whose foam did you use? I have been looking I to that one my self. Sure is a lot of them out there.

Edited by dripley

I used seat foam and covers from Geno’s Garage. Kinda pricey, but worth every penny. Just make sure to put something between the foam and springs so the springs don’t just cut into the new foam. I used cardboard since it was what I had handy, but I have seen people spray adhesive burlap on too. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have not forgotten this place, life has distracted me lately (wedding season, vacations, etc.).  However, added some under hood sound deadening and thought i would share, made a nice difference in cutting down on excessive engine noise.  Few hours work and I think like $65 in material (purchased awhile back).  I also added some under carpet deadening which helped make the cab a more enjoyable place on long trips and i will post that tomorrow.

Truck Underhood 01 - 07.28.18.jpg

Truck Underhood 02 - 07.28.18.jpg

Truck Underhood 03 - 07.28.18.jpg

Truck Underhood 04 - 07.28.18.jpg

20 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm waiting to see how long till the mice tear it all up. 

That is were mine went, the mice destroyed it, I have some industrial black paint and a back of ceramic spheres I was thinking of painting under there.

13 hours ago, KATOOM said:

You're wifes going to be upset you cut up the tablecloth...

Wait.....your work benches don't have these....I was lied too :mad:.  Said it made the workshop look more presentable to guests/friends :doh:

As promised, the sound deadening under the carpet pictures are below.  The install took some time thanks to having to remove the entire interior, however well worth reduced cab noise (no db but ears are happy).  Music is a lower volume to where I can have music and a conversation while driving on the freeway :wink:.  

As for install notes, I left the entire sheet as intact as possible, left it "float" under the factory carpet while leaving the factory sound product in place (snug fit but fit well).  The product box shows one side foil but in fact both sides are, soo i have no idea but good news is one roll worked with very little left over.

Truck Interior Pic 01 07.29.30.jpg

Truck Interior Pic 02 07.29.30.jpg

Truck Interior Pic 03 07.29.30.jpg

Truck Interior Pic 04 07.29.30.jpg

Truck Interior Pic 05 07.29.30.jpg

Edited by NightHawk
  • Like 3