• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The Future of Trucks

Me78569

• Owner
31 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

There are few articles that came out lately stating that the Earth has been Cooling in past few years not warming

I would happen to agree with that being that the winters here have been getting cold since 1990 when I first moved here. I've already seen -20*F in New Meadows on December 11, 2018. I've seen -40*F last winter a few times. 

2 hours ago, KATOOM said:

For instance, the north state of CA has been in flames for months.  We literally couldnt see more than 1/8 mile for about 1/4 of the year.  Strange though that I can see the mountains today which are anywhere from 75-150 miles away.  Where did all that smoke go?

Just like all the forest fires up here. Flooded the valleys with smoke for months. Each and every forest fire produces more CO2 in on hour than our vehicles will create in their entire lifetime.

What about all the greenhouse gas emissions from forest fires?

Let's step up one more how about all those homes in Paradise Valley, CA that burned down?

How about all the different toxic materials in a home?

Where did these emissions go while these homes and businesses burned down in Paradise Valley, CA?

Why are prescribed burns in the forest acceptable?

No one wants to discuss these topics and generally dismiss them. Our vehicles are just a very small slice of the emissions problem. 

Heck, this one fire (Rattlesnake Fire) produced more emissions than the whole state of California could on a normal summer.

20180723_222335.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Free market drives innovation.  I am happy to see tesla's ugly truck because it pushed ford and gm to produce something.

Rivian is also there. 

We want innovation it makes things better.  Gen 1's are not great but they get better.  Throw money and markets towards it and they better quickly.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Me78569 said:

yea, money is being throw at it rapidly now.      hopefully the grid can catch up

I would like to find the part of the grid that lets hook up to a diesel pump for free. 

45 seconds a day would keep me happy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Owner

That's the stupid part everyone thinks electric vehicles are free. Someone is paying for that power either going to be a rise in taxes or just your home power bill. trust me when I'm sitting here its a mere +63*F in the house, +19*F outside, I'm running out of firewood. Yeah I know this month is going be a $200 plus a month just to keep warm, now toss in a massive battery for a vehicle, that draws power like my electric dryer or my heat pump. You can safely figure in just doubling my power bill. Regardless your still paying for the electricity some how. Power plant still emit CO2 into the air just as much as you drive your electric car around just emitted from the power plant not your car. Still not fixing the issues of reducing CO2 emission.

Still in all HP (fuel) to HP (electric) is going to require X amount of amp hours (electric) stored to travel. For mountain area like where I'm at just not effective. I'm now seeing electric cars once in awhile out run there charge and left stuck. Currently if you leave Boise there is NOTHING north to recharge a electric vehicle I know Ontario, OR has a few charging stations but nothing north of Boise. Lewiston ID I've not seen any charging stations as of yet unless they are hidden down a side street.

Kind of like when I was buying my truck there wasn't any diesel fuel available in my area but maybe one or two stations and expensive. Now with the amount of diesel vehicles diesel fuel is available just about every where. I almost opted for a 60 fuel tank where purchasing my 2002 Dodge. 

I believe volkswagen is putting up a bunch of charge stations as their punishment for diesel gate. But like Nick said there's a lot of loop holes and more than likely we'll be paying in the end as tax payers. 

Toyota is in top of technology, hydrogen fuel cells are looking promising, I believe tesla is in partnership with toyota on some of that. If you wached demolition man from 90s you can pretty much see our future there, or their future, I want no part of it. 

I see afair amount of charging stations on the interstates around my neck of the woods. Mostly Tesla and mostly at Sheetz stations. I still think you have to know where they were to take a long trip for sure.

21 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I believe volkswagen is putting up a bunch of charge stations as their punishment for diesel gate. But like Nick said there's a lot of loop holes and more than likely we'll be paying in the end as tax payers. 

Toyota is in top of technology, hydrogen fuel cells are looking promising, I believe tesla is in partnership with toyota on some of that. If you wached demolition man from 90s you can pretty much see our future there, or their future, I want no part of it. 

What, you dont like Taco Bell???

Anyone that says electric is free is clearly not looking at the entire picture. 

My excitement is in the technology and how well electric is suited to a drivetrain.  

The automotive world will look alot different in 20-30 years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

:lmao:you did watch it, I mean you got to admit there's a lot of predictive programming in them movies...

That movie pops up on tv every so often. Everybody riding around in electric cars. I especially liked the system that filled the passenger compartment with foam to encase you during a wreck. It was a pretty good movie. Nothing like Sylvester and Wesley tearing up the town.

• Like 2