• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla display project

Marcus2000monster

11 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

I'm trying to get that nailed down, but I don't have anything concrete yet. 

Will you guys tested for heat/ cold to a certain point. Maybe put it in the oven when your baking your cookies and then the freezer when you getting your ice cream, although freezer might not be cold enough. :think:

We will be testing for heat/cold as well as we can. It should be funcitonal up to around 180* F, but should be able to withstand higher temps than that. 

The pic makes it look bigger than it really is. It has a 5" diagonal viewing area with some bezel around it. I wish it didn't have to have that but its there for now. We do have to make some changes to it still. 

In total its just a hair smaller than the 7" tablets that we got from Walmart. 

• Owner
29 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

The pic makes it look bigger than it really is. It has a 5" diagonal viewing area with some bezel around it. I wish it didn't have to have that but its there for now. We do have to make some changes to it still. 

In total its just a hair smaller than the 7" tablets that we got from Walmart. 

Finally, that looks like a fair sized display bigger than all the other tuners I have played with. It looks to use USB Type C connector.

Yep, that is one of the best parts. Standard USB type C connector to the display so that you can add whatever size cable you want if the one we will provide isn't long enough or is too long. 

It really isn't that much bigger than the others. it will be bigger than some, but is pretty close in size to others. I will have to take some size comparison pictures when I get a chance. 

-Thanks again, 

We are running video display over the USB-C cable in HDMI format as well as doing a lot of side-band communication for touch responses, light sensitivity, etc. The cable length should be able to handle up to 9' but I will have to talk with our developer about that. There is a 4 ft cable on it now. That will be the only cable connection to the monitor itself. Not shown is an interface box that has the Adrenaline connection, OBDII (for power and communications), the back-up camera hookup, and an peripheral bus for extra sensors etc. that has yet to be developed. 

There are still too many pieces that haven't been able to be finished as of yet. 

As far as mounting is concerned. We are using a semi-universal mounting system that will be compatible with some of the Edge and SCT stuff. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

This one has a weird color, but you can change that to whatever you like. Also, this is a prototype. Not the finished product. Stuff will change. 

20181031_120733.jpg.fe84deacb051f5da6b13634e1f79c772.jpg

gib plz!

I just need wired connection to adrenaline and ability to adjust v2 tuning. not sure I would want something hanging off my OBDII port...

• Like 1

• Owner

I'm hoping the analog gauge is fixed in the new screen where its a nice uniformed +10 or +100 tick mark set up. Not this willy-nilly random span that is like the Dodge Tach that you have to do a bunch of hand math in your head to find out it some strange range number between tick marks. 

Take a hint from ISSPro and the EV2 series gauges. 

• Like 3