Marcus2000monster

Quadzilla display project

Yep, that is one of the best parts. Standard USB type C connector to the display so that you can add whatever size cable you want if the one we will provide isn't long enough or is too long. 

It really isn't that much bigger than the others. it will be bigger than some, but is pretty close in size to others. I will have to take some size comparison pictures when I get a chance. 

-Thanks again, 

How much bandwidth does the display require? Being as type C cable get longer the signal gets slower. Either the bandwidth is really small or there is going to be a maximum length allowed... :think:

We are running video display over the USB-C cable in HDMI format as well as doing a lot of side-band communication for touch responses, light sensitivity, etc. The cable length should be able to handle up to 9' but I will have to talk with our developer about that. There is a 4 ft cable on it now. That will be the only cable connection to the monitor itself. Not shown is an interface box that has the Adrenaline connection, OBDII (for power and communications), the back-up camera hookup, and an peripheral bus for extra sensors etc. that has yet to be developed. 

There are still too many pieces that haven't been able to be finished as of yet. 

As far as mounting is concerned. We are using a semi-universal mounting system that will be compatible with some of the Edge and SCT stuff. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

This one has a weird color, but you can change that to whatever you like. Also, this is a prototype. Not the finished product. Stuff will change. 

20181031_120733.jpg.fe84deacb051f5da6b13634e1f79c772.jpg

gib plz!

I just need wired connection to adrenaline and ability to adjust v2 tuning. not sure I would want something hanging off my OBDII port...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

As far as mounting is concerned. We are using a semi-universal mounting system that will be compatible with some of the Edge and SCT stuff. 

Are those mounts compatable with a-pillar gauge mounts? 

I'm hoping the analog gauge is fixed in the new screen where its a nice uniformed +10 or +100 tick mark set up. Not this willy-nilly random span that is like the Dodge Tach that you have to do a bunch of hand math in your head to find out it some strange range number between tick marks. 

Take a hint from ISSPro and the EV2 series gauges. 

• Like 3

On 11/1/2018 at 5:34 PM, Quadzilla Power said:

This one has a weird color, but you can change that to whatever you like. Also, this is a prototype. Not the finished product. Stuff will change. 

20181031_120733.jpg.fe84deacb051f5da6b13634e1f79c772.jpg

Funny question but what floor mats are those in this pic? 

Well, I would like to tell you it is stellar and ready to ship, but I can't. There are some features that need to be double checked. There are also some improvements and some functionality that is just missing that will need to be added. 

Also, our only working prototype died after a couple of days, so we can't test any longer. We are working with the developers trying to get something put together to put out there soon. 

-Thanks again, 

• Thanks 2

tactile buttons for power level increase/decrease would be a nice feature ;)

Half the time I'm trying to change a power level while driving down the road with the touch screen app and end up dragging up the gauge add bar thing at the bottom rather than changing power levels cause bumpy roads and such. 

Edited by jigabop
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 1:32 PM, jigabop said:

Use these "destructions" at your own risk. I take no liability or responsibility for you messing up your android device in any way/shape/form, and I suggest you use a device you don't care about as you will likely mess up if you don't follow directions properly and need to factory reset the device and try again. (factory reset wipes all user data, apps, and settings)

This is great man!  Rooted my old tablet and set this up.  Really useful.  I was always afraid I'd leave my tab running in my car at night.  Now I can use a switched power source. :)

Edit:

One thing that's nice to add is to delay so if you turn your engine off for fast food or whatever, you have a bit to order without the reboot.  Of course this can be any time length.

Lastly, this can open your iquad app too, all in one.  Here's my final flow.  Just remember to connect shutdown back to the top. 👍

Screenshot_20181111-161443_Drive.jpg

Edited by SavageTusk
Update
  • Like 1