• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Pfft, I have almost a 200ish difference between my Glowshit gauge and the Quad. 

If given enough time the Glowshift one will catch up a little but still a difference.  I just figured the quad gauge just responded faster.  Never really thought more of it.  Just figured the Glowshift one was junk...

• Owner

Just for fun information... 

Capture+_2019-06-04-08-23-22.png

I've got a few 55 MPH speed zones I travel. Remember -50°F for EGT's then +1 to MPH. Killer low EGT's on flat ground at 55 MPH. Banging out roughly 28 MPG. Floating near my idle engine load. I typically idle at 11% to 13% and to be rolling at 55 MPH and that low of engine load is netting awesome MPG's. 

On 5/30/2019 at 8:18 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

I've got to ask @kzimmer what is your 80 MPH EGT's like with 35" tires?

vj-Fkb-GFDSYyYc6gUbA01396u5hOuMUXqfGRMxr

Had a highway trip today finally. Had to take off the DAP nozzles and put the dirty 7x.014 DSS nozzles back on. Running them at 350 Bar. Hoping to settle around 330 or so.

No speedo shown, but cruise is set at 80mph. Pretty heavy head wind as well. Running in overdrive, EGT's from 740 to 820 or so. Ignore the mpg readout, it's not calibrated.

Edited by kzimmer
Spelling
  • Like 1

• Owner

Still considerably higher in EGT's. Being you also have 7 x 0.014 injectors vs my 7 x 0.010 injectors your for sure flowing way more fuel than I am. I see you jumped back into the high pop pressure game again.

Using data from the captured screenshot.

1044 Fueling equals 25.4% Engine Load with 7 x 0.014 you flowing more flow for sure. 

EGT's your 184°F higher. Still better than the OP's

Interesting, I'm still barely lower in drag even twisting 30" tires and 2,500 RPM vs 35" tires turning 2,000 RPM. Still running much cooler EGT's wise. Gotta say interesting to learning from data.

M73M

Capture+_2019-05-30-14-22-11.png

NOTE: -50°F EGT and +1 MPH for correct data.

Kzimmer

vj-Fkb-GFDSYyYc6gUbA01396u5hOuMUXqfGRMxr

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

I would expect the EGT different from the large rpm difference. 

It takes a bit more fuel to spin the motors at 2500 vs 2000. 

I would not say he’s flowing a lot more fuel for sure though. 25.4% engine load at 2000 rpms is quite a bit less than 23.4% at 2500 rpms... even with bigger injectors. 

Injector flow increase isn’t linear across the fuel flow range, so at cruise fuel flow the 7x.014 injectors won’t be flowing too much more than the 7x0.010, but they will be flowing some more. 

We do know that at 25% engine load there is 25% more fuel being injected at 2500 rpms vs 2000 rpms. 

So we have to wonder if the 7x0.014’s flow 25% more fuel at 25% engine load or not. I would guess that’s the most extra fuel they flow at that load. 

When you consider the extra drag of larger tires vs the internal drag of the engine I’m quite surprised at how close the fuel flow seems to be. 

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Simple answer to prove this... @kzimmer make a 80 to 100 mile run down the interstate at 80 MPH and fill up before and after and do the hand math for MPG.

Unfortunately we don't have any highways that have a speed limit over 110 km/h. I might be able to get 70-75, anything more is begging for a ticket. And those tickets are getting expensive here.

This truck won't see a ton of highway miles this year without an RV behind it 

Edited by kzimmer
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

• Owner

I'm tired and I've tried everything I can...

This is why I'm great at keeping logs of everything because when some one calls me out I can produce logs and information fairly quickly. Now not to sound like an :moon: but... This is what kind upsets me about this entire thread. Lots of hear say about all kind of stuff with nothing to back up anything... At least I can come forward with screenshots and fuel logs. Even created problems on my own truck to even match the OP problems. Which is beyond the call of duty. Tell me I'm using more fuel and nothing to back up the statement, no fuel logs, or trip data. I have little belief in the statements or what been said...

Where I've already produced my fuel logs and 19.58 MPG test run.

https://mopar1973man.com/topic/16243-egt’s/?do=findComment&comment=211135

Then I tried reproducing massive boost leak to see if I could even get close to the OP problem, Nope...

https://mopar1973man.com/topic/16243-egt’s/?do=findComment&comment=211379

Then I posted EGT's were and I produced a screenshot of my Quadzilla running down the highway at 80 MPH

https://mopar1973man.com/topic/16243-egt’s/?do=findComment&comment=211461

Then people saying I'm running smaller tires. Nope, Stock sized tires. Which I'm running the exact size on the door sticker.

https://mopar1973man.com/topic/16243-egt’s/?do=findComment&comment=211425

So I've done my due diligence and provided all the information and data from start to end.

Peace out, I'm done... :burnout2:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Staff
2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm tired and I've tried everything I can...

Peace out, I'm done... :burnout2:

Let me know when your rested.... I will start a thread on which batteries are best..........:lol3:

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Tell me I'm using more fuel and nothing to back up the statement, no fuel logs, or trip data. I have little belief in the statements or what been said...

I'm not sure where things went wrong, but I don't remember anyone calling you out on anything or saying you are using more fuel. Anything I posted was for comparison purposes. And no two people here can have a real comparison anyway, there's too many variables. I'm always on the pursuit of learning, but at some point it just doesn't matter. Maybe I'll take the leveling kit out and put some pizza cutters on and make my own comparison, haha.

• Like 1