• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How bad is this blow by

Been noticing mist or smoke in the headlights.

Yes I yanked the bottle off long ago.

Hoping valve seals is all. It doesnt use any coolant still runs the same also doesnt use oil. 

I am 1/4" over the hash mark on the dipstick but I doubt that's it. But who knows.

Odometer reads 323k not sure I trust it. Never had more than a valve adjust. Is it time to upgrade the head?

Hoping its semi normal and I'm just noticing since about 90% of my driving is in the dark right now. This is first year in about 8 that I've used her for work.

20191223_063138.jpg

@Dieselfuture is right on here.  Vacuum leaks are easy to overlook.  The vacuum pumps are strong on these trucks and can easily overcome a significant leak and the leak will go by unnoticed.  Even the HVAC controls will still work.  Remember any air that leaks into a vacuum line will discharge that same air into the crankcase via the vacuum pump outlet.

@Evan, my truck has about the same miles as yours and two times now I had noticed excessive vapors coming from the crankcase vent and both time it was caused from vacuum leaks. 

- John

• Like 4

Put my driveline on so I yanked the tcase into gear and no 4wd indicator on the dash.

Mines a 02 non cad so no vacumn actuator in front axle. But it got me thinking more on replies here and if I have a vacumn line off.

Sure as chit one of lines coming from under the drivers battery was off. I hooked it back up. Still no 4x4 indicator but blow by was reduced a ton. Or appears to be reduced also thinking truck is running  better that's probably just in my head.

The 90deg rubber boot coming off the vacuum pump looks shriveled and sad I should replace it.

Thanks for help and not telling me my truck needs a head rebuild 

• Like 2