• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Crisis Proportion or Covid Craziness.......

JAG1

• Staff

There has been 320,000 deaths from Covid in the U.S.A. and there is 328 million people living in the U.S.A.

Please correct me if I wrong....... That's only one in a Thousand have died from the Coronavirus. Aren't these numbers lower than the average flu season? What is the proper perspective on all this shut down and washing every wire on the shopping cart before going into the store? :shrug:

OPines greatly appreciated t.i.a.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Staff

No, they are not.  

CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season.

The US 2020 Corona (CCP) virus infections are over 19,148,000 with 337,612 deaths.  Now, are all these deaths really due to the CCP virus or are they purposely misdiagnosed and reported for financial gain/control?  These statistics will have to be reviewed with a jaundice eye. 

Edited by IBMobile
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, IBMobile said:

They live

redirect-26.png.adb2a7de968511ca0fcd8f9f699bb7ac.png

I never did understand the absolutely irrational hatred for masks. They aren't stopping you from talking, I still hear you fine. Working on the dining car I wear one about 6 hours at a time, it sucks, but so far nobody has been jumping to pay for me to miss 2 weeks of work or any medical bills or supplies that may be needed. I consider it cheap insurance.

I don't like them, I'll still wear one when actually around people though. I get a kick out of people wearing them while in the car.

Father has had bypass surgery multiple times and used to have a resting blood pressure in the 210 160 range. Carries nitro glycerine at all times and has to take half dozen pills morning and night. Whether he believes it is a big deal or not, he wants absolutely nothing to do with it. He doesn't want to chance his life for a <$1 mask or a "maybe". 

Old saying comes to mind, an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.

• Thanks 1

• Owner

I believe the COVID-19 is real but as for death tolls no. Like @Wet VetteEileens daughter got COVID, then her son got it, then her ex-husband got it as well. 14 days later like the normal flu bug its done and over. Now those 3 have lived past it. I still do what I can to stay out of the COVID yeah I wear a mask while in the bigger cities. 

Even a good friend here that runs the Chevron Station hes got the COVID, his son and wife as well. 14 days later he's back to work no problem. 

Ask @Wet Vette best friend last night about hospital numbers. She says it packed with COVID some deaths but lot are just going home. Like Eileen's daughter she went in with issues of breathing but then told to go home.

Then if you look up the Canadian Study about Cannabis might shock you too.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilyprice/2020/06/27/researchers-are-looking-at-cannabis-as-a-potential-way-to-prevent-covid-19/?sh=4fbdcc12d885

https://medcitynews.com/2020/07/canadian-researchers-believe-cbd-could-help-to-fight-covid-19-infections/

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/are-new-cannabis-strains-key-to-fighting-covid-19-these-alta-researchers-think-so-1.5018962

So, personally, I don't think we are getting COVID any time soon... Herbalist to the end. 

• Staff

I just did a small calculation on death rate for areas that have restrictions versus Florida that has no restrictions. Death rates are nearly the same or even a little bit less in Florida.

Anyone care to do another comparison? Tell us weather masks and other restrictions are making any difference? I'm all ears on this.

Thanks in advance

• Owner

Personally I don't see masks doing anything. After a year of wearing them what I found is cloth or paper once they as wet from your breath just working or walking its no longer filtering. Im breathing around the mask typically fogging my glasses more so and making me blind. This makes shopping hard trying to she through fogged glasses. It also makes you tried because your oxygen level drops a bit more under working conditions and damp masks.

Keeping my distance from others and washing my hands is priority. 

• Like 2

If you go to the CDC Commorbidities page it specifically lists the deaths as "involving Coronavirus".  When you look at the death codes, some are abortion related, some are gunshots, accidents involving pedestrians and trains.

Pretty sure if you're chilling in your mom's womb when a "doctor" kills you, that's not COVID related. Same with getting decapitated in a train wreck.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LorenS said:

If you go to the CDC Commorbidities page it specifically lists the deaths as "involving Coronavirus".  When you look at the death codes, some are abortion related, some are gunshots, accidents involving pedestrians and trains.

Pretty sure if you're chilling in your mom's womb when a "doctor" kills you, that's not COVID related. Same with getting decapitated in a train wreck.

That part that I find disturbing here in LA is that there are no ICU beds available.  That's not normal.  So basically if you get into a bad wreck you may die waiting for a bed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Staff

I'd probably die from heart attack tryin'  to pay off the hospital bill.

My wife was in hospital two nights three days ran simple tests for heart pain. Could not find anything. Gave her one pill of nitroglycerine and sent her home. The bill was over 18 grand. Min wage should be a hundred an hour. :thumb1:

Anyway it maddens me for sure the things going on for effing money and no concern for the individual.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, leety said:

That part that I find disturbing here in LA is that there are no ICU beds available.  That's not normal.  So basically if you get into a bad wreck you may die waiting for a bed.

This is disturbing and happening in few other places. It has ramped out my way also but not near as bad as out west. Some smaller hospitals are struggling.

• Like 1

• Staff

The trouble is we are in that skyrocket trajectory of population explosion that Paul Erlich talked about back in the early 70's, so we may begin to see some shortages of various things.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

Between the population rising and the ineffective masks that we wear as the public and the shortage of hospital bed and medical supplies it's going to get worse. I saw a story on my Yahoo feed that claims there is a different strain of the virus making its way into the stars from Europe that is more contagious than what's here already.

I've been off work for a little over a month because of a torn meniscus in my knee so I've managed to keep my distance from most people.

Once I go back though it may be a problem. My sister in law has it now so my brothers family is quarantined. We had to exclude them from Christmas because of it.

• Like 1

• Owner

Being away from people is super simple for us here. I'm 15 miles from Riggins, ID and 20 miles from New Meadows, ID. Now being out here and working from home makes it better again don't have to mess with people. 

Now so far like yesterday I stopped in my buddies shop to have my tires rebalanced on the Cummins. Steve has been through the COVID-19 also his wife and son all went through the infection he told me is like a nasty chest cold and flu. 2 weeks later he's doing good. Steve never had any hospital stay either. 

Eileen's @Wet Vette daughter (Jessica) had got the COVID-19 as well again like a nasty flu bug. Jessica's ex-husband that was caring for there son they both got it too. Again after 2 week they done and over it. I will admit she was spooked a few times with breathing problems and every time the hospital sent her home again. She was was check for fluid on the lungs but she never stayed in the hospital. 

Now around home, I never wear a mask even in Riggins ID. No need. But in McCall ID mask is required. Lewiston ID  mask is required. Boise mask is required Required. Ontario, OR mask is required. I just do the basics, keep my distance from people, wear a mask while in larger crowds, and wash your hands.