• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla adrenaline for mpg's is it worth it?

18 hours ago, LorenS said:

This tank of fuel I'm running the Quadzilla in the "super secret" mode where it only adds timing to what the ECM is commanding, and it's based on RPM range (1500, 2000, 2500, etc.) I believe if you set 1500 to 2⁰ and 2000 to 4⁰, it would add around 3⁰ at 1750 RPM; probably not a linear function.

@LorenS, I thought it was everything set to zero and use max timing to add on top of factory? at least that's what I thought was said in one of the other threads.. could be wrong..

• Owner
16 minutes ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

@LorenS, I thought it was everything set to zero and use max timing to add on top of factory? at least that's what I thought was said in one of the other threads.. could be wrong..

Correct. The main page under timing you set all them to ZERO. Then under max timing you set for the PLUS amount over stock.

6 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

The main page under timing you set all them to ZERO. Then under max timing you set for the PLUS amount over stock.

I assure you it still works. I have my Level 1 set to 100% so it's basically stock. When I flip back and forth on smooth ground between Level 1 and 2 I can see the timing jump to what is expected. Now, it may be that Adrenaline ignores the 1500, 2000, etc. settings and just scales exactly like I have it set. But entering settings above 0 for those RPM levels doesn't disable the tune. My truck would run like crap if it only had 4⁰ of timing at 2k RPM!

Drive over 400 miles today, part of it at 80 MPH and still managed 18 MPG. And that's with a big fuel leak from who knows where. Or whereS, plural.

I believe  when they say "RPM Timing Max", they mean this whole screen, not just the "Max" RPM slider, way over on the right.

Screenshot_20210319-222508.png

Edited by LorenS

19 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

This is an example of what I would be confused on if I had an adrenaline. 

I don't get alot if the tech talk when you guys start comparing tunes and what not. :ahhh:

It's not as bad as you think, it looks intimidating at first, after you spend some time with it you start to realize how easy it is and thinking why haven't I got one sooner.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

I don't get alot if the tech talk when you guys start comparing tunes and what not. :ahhh:

Thing is there is 2 sides to it, 

1. You can if you want dive in and build tunes, this needs time to understand whats what and time to build a tune and test

OR

2. Download a tune that is in the ballpark for your truck that someone else spent all the time messing with it load it and drive

I'm in camp 2, I don't care if my truck might be able to do 300 more yards to the gallon or smoke tyres 200 rpm lower, what I do care about is my truck drives better, feels better and is nicer to drive, all with very minimal effort on my part.

One the other hand someone in camp one may well have the time to tune to perfection and relish the task,  I'll just spend $3 and download it later :thumb1:

It really is as easy as you want it to be or as hard

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Yep.

But then someone comes in and clears the muddy water up to a degree.

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

It's not as bad as you think, it looks intimidating at first, after you spend some time with it you start to realize how easy it is and thinking why haven't I got one sooner.

Right when I convinced my self to keep the comp. I saved the money twice to do it and life got in the way. So now I have it saved up again and I cant get off the fence about it. The handrails keep getting in the way. 

A quad would be fun to explain to the wife with a brand new turbo and a bluetop steering box sitting. Whats another 700 bucks amongst a married couple.

• Like 1

• Staff
2 minutes ago, dripley said:

A quad would be fun to explain to the wife with a brand new turbo and a bluetop steering box sitting. Whats another 700 bucks amongst a married couple

That's another issue as well. My wife doesn't mind some of my expenditures but $700 might be a very tough sell. Hard to convince her why I "need" this for a truck that I have already declared super reliable and should last a long long time. Ugh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

That's another issue as well. My wife doesn't mind some of my expenditures but $700 might be a very tough sell. Hard to convince her why I "need" this for a truck that I have already declared super reliable and should last a long long time. Ugh

If I do get one I would probably have delivered to the job and put on the truck on the sly. I think I will at least wait until I see how the new turbo reacts with the Comp.

When I bought the turbo back before Christmas. The day after I ordered it I walked and put $450 in her hand and told her that I bought my present now you get to buy yours. But since mine just came a couple weeks I think she would like to see another 459.

• Staff

I'm thinking with my technical handicap I may consider a quad XZT+. It will have a tune loaded on it, only a couple of connections and if I understand things correctly I can load a different time to it later if I want to. Not to mention the price point. For what I would spend on the adrenaline I could get the XZT+ and gauges. More toys for the money!

Edited by Doubletrouble
Spelling
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

I'm thinking with my technical handicap I may consider a quad XZT+. It will have a tune loaded on it, only a couple of connections and if I understand things correctly I can load a different time to it later if I want to. Not to.kention the price point. For what I would spend on the adrenaline I could get the XZT+ and gauges. More toys for the money!

Not a bad way to look at it.