• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel prices thread...

Ops

I'm paying $3.56 just down the road in Knik, Anchorage drivers are from $3.26-$3.56. North Pole is hosing its customers at #3.83, in Cordova is $4.30. Some of the folks in the villages that are remote pay over $9.00 We explore,drill, pump our own oil,refine it,produce it and we are always the highest in the Nation,I'm done and over with it.

My wife and me have been thinking real hard about locating to a less costly place to live,have 4 seasons and a person to have a CCW permit. We both have kin in Calif,but they won;t allow anyone to carry for the most part. We're scared of the economy being in the toilet in the lower 48. But we must have mountains,trees,ATV/off roding,winter only 3 months and it doesn't get over 85 degrees, And last,cheap Diesel. If you might have an area that sounds like what were after,please PM me. Thanks-Casey

• 5 weeks later...

Bad part of it for us and a slap in our face in ND is we are the soon going to be the second highest producing oil stae behind only texas within a year as they are predicting and we are among the highest priced places also. We ship it all out of state to have it refined just to ship it all back it and we are at the end of the line for finished products. Story goes on and on about building refineries in state but nobody will commit to the huge expense with the epa running unchecked now days.

I've been trying to figure out why we get raped so bad here in AK. We pump it out of the ground,refine it in state and still have some of the highest fuel prices in the Nation. BP answered this question by saying since there is no competition between major gas companies in state,so it keeps fuel prices high. I may be a tad slow at times,but I don't understand this kind of reasoning. The state has supposed to have investigated price fixing here,but find everything on the up and up.