• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Filled the 12v this morning.. 28.8gal 291mi $3.75/gal 10.1 mpg.

Wow. And to think I get upset at 10 mpg towing my fiver......... You REALLY need to do something with your truck..............

19.5 mpg from Fort Collins to Durango, very very slow average speed and unloaded with no a/c... :banghead:17.3 on the way back via the high way at 65-75 mph. I think the tonneau cover helps the mpg a bit.

20 mpg hand calc. after bhaf install. I cannot believe the difference that that it makes. I picked up 3-4 mpg from deleting the stock airbox. Next week I plan on a muffler/converter modification to see what results that yields before I make a final decision on 4" turbo back.

20 mpg hand calc. after bhaf install. I cannot believe the difference that that it makes. I picked up 3-4 mpg from deleting the stock airbox. Next week I plan on a muffler/converter modification to see what results that yields before I make a final decision on 4" turbo back.

that's actually surprising; almost unbelievable.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya, I am thinking I should buy stock in the oil company you use! By the way, who is it? :lol:

Sheetz or Southern States.

;)

that's actually surprising; almost unbelievable.

- - - Updated - - -

Sheetz or Southern States.

;)

Yeah. Almost unbelievable. But accurate. I drive 50 miles a day round trip to work. About 30 of that is highway and 20 is city. I took the mileage with an empty truck and not towing. Over the course of two tanks of fuel I averaged 19.5 on the first and twenty the second. I was on the throttle a lot on the first tank cause the turbo sounds so much better though the bhaf. I couldn't resist.

Filled the 12v this morning..

28.8gal

291mi

$3.75/gal

10.1 mpg.

Posted Image

If it makes you feel any better, that's about what I was getting with my 97 12v, dually, auto, 4x4. I think I may have been in the 11's but it wasn't much better. What all are you trying to get done to it?

• 1 month later...

I've had my 02 3500 QC 6spd with 4.10 gears for a month now. Haven't hand calculated anything just going off what it is saying my average is (i reset it at every fill up) First 2 weeks I was getting 16.2. Mostly Highway miles commuting to work at around 65-70. some hills but a lot of flats. Then I got a cross bed toolbox and added about 200# in tools and it dropped to 14.2 then last weekend installed BHAF and cleaned my IAT sensor and it was saying 15 this week. I'm somewhat of an aggressive driver when it comes to friday afternoons on my 160 mile drive home from being gone working all week. I got 11.9 towing a two horse straight load and two horses to the coast last weekend.

• 3 months later...