• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Pruning Dead Members

• Owner

Hey gang. I'm going to be pruning out the dead members that are stuck in the database with 0 Posts and have not been back to the site in over 1 year. I've got a seperate usergroup for unvalidated email users and there is 17 users stuck in there right now. These are users I cannot contact by any means because the email address is invalid. As for the limited members group there is over 624 members that have not logged in in over 1 year and have never posted anything. These members I'm going to send a email to and see if they respond by logging in again. If so then in 30 days I'll dump the rest that don't repsond to free the database up of the dead members. 2,118 members sounds great but when such a small number are actually active and here.Lets here from you active ones about this. I'm wanting to hear from you... :wink:

I guess there really isn't a loss from erasing them... but I guess I am wondering what the gain is? :think: ETA: The stats would be nicer if they were more up to date, sure. Usually I would ask if you were going to use the Ban Hammer, but in this case, I guess the Eraser would be more appropriate.

• Owner

Think of it this way it releasing all the used names back for someone else to possibly use again. Database wise its not much for space but it cleaner database.

Usually I would ask if you were going to use the Ban Hammer

Those will be looked at as well the whole 16 banned users in the list... The staff actually argue over who's getting to use the ban hammer because its so rare to get to use it which is a good thing. :thumbup2:

Cleaning the base up is always good, but might I ask something ? If anyone of them are in the military and overseas, would this kill their membership ? Is a year long enough ? Maybe a year and a half, or two be better ? I don't know how many this could, or would effect.

• Owner

Cleaning the base up is always good, but might I ask something ? If anyone of them are in the military and overseas, would this kill their membership ? Is a year long enough ? Maybe a year and a half, or two be better ? I don't know how many this could, or would effect.

Suggestion noted. I can bump up to 2 years as a good measure on this. But I'm only looking for member that have... So double checking that it would bring the list down from 624 to 169 for a 730 day span (2 years). * ZERO posts since they registered. * ZERO activity for the last 2 years. Then like I said I send out a email tell them to at least login and and the activity date stamp will show it and now remove them from the list. The reason why I'm aiming for ZERO poster is because then if I remove them it has no effect to the forum. But years ago I did remove a few older members with 5-10 post and it leave Guest users everywhere. I want to avoid that again. So if the member has even 1 post he will remian for life of the site regardless of how old his/here account is.

DUMP THEM. How hard is it to create a new account if they come back... We can come up with all kinds of exceptions to keep them but if they can make a simple account the first time they can make it again the second time. It's not like you are canceling their life insurance policy. If they have never posted on here then they just wanted to get the FSM downloads. Most people never register until they have something to post.