• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

12 minutes ago, Raffron said:

What do you mean by backdown? I am having issues with egts also. 

He is using boost or egt defuels causing the backdowns to go into place which pull fuel.  He is not having egt issues as it looks like he is struggling to top1300*

What are your egt issues?  There is no reason to have egt issues with stock turbo and injectors.

Edited by Me78569

only back down i have set it my egt at 1350* but on lvl 3 i didnt get a warning light showing that i hit that limit.

and remember. i only drive around on lvl3. when i want to let it loose then i bump it to lvl5. 

i will put wiretap as low as possible and do a couple runs. 

im confused on why canbus fueling wouldnt be maxed out regardless of wiretap as i thought they worked somewhat independently. 

did you happend to see what the last part of the data log looked like when i had it on lvl 5?

if that graph is from one of the fitst two pulls (which im pretty sure it is as my boost is low and my egts arent high) then im not sure why canbus isnt maxed because i had it on lvl 3 with no wiretap

Edited by cumminsVP2001

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 6:11 PM, Me78569 said:

Backdowns will pull canbua fueling to keep egts in check.

hey guys, just got my dps 3 piece and 66/71 thrown on. did a few pulls with it and i can tell it is keeping egts lower, but i still get pretty hot if i go over lvl 3. my first pull i was on lvl 3 going up a slight hill and i never hit my defuel. lvl 4 and lvl5 i can pull longer than i used to but still get hot decently quick. thought? i figured this turbo is plenty for the fuel im pushing. im also spraying 100% water with all these passes. 

@Me78569 i know there is probably alot of data in here, but can you see what these look like? i know i have one on lvl3 right away, then one on lvl 5, then one on level 4. your help is much appreciated

iQuad-2018-07-26-08.56.11679868457.csv

Edited by cumminsVP2001

Who can tell me how the quadzilla *actually* changes fueling between lvl0 and lvl 5. I know about lvl1 ofcourse. But if I have an extreme tune, does level 0 completely take it off and all the levels inbetween are just a % of the fueling that my extreme tune calls for on the screen where you set all the fueling %'s. Does timing stay static across all levels, to wherever I set it? Asking bc I was towing with it this weekend. 

Also what is the quadzilla policy or stance regarding timing when towing? I had mine set on max and took it out on the highway and got up to 45mph before I forgot to turn it down, whilst towing my 28' enclosed, but I wasnt aggressive on the pedal hardly at all.

Edited by rogerash0

lvl 2 is kinda of a mpg mode I guess.  It only allows for up to %100 oem fueling and will use 0-10 psi settings if below %100 in the tune.   

I dont really get the point either, but I couldn't remove a feature

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trreed said:

I'm always on lvl 2.  It's a nice cap for the truck to keep it at the DD power I want versus all the time, all the time.

:shifty:

level 3 is where it's at:stirthepot:

Then if you need more to pass or whatever you got it ready, if you don't then I use go pedal for mpg :gun:

lol, considering level 3 for me is roughly the same power as my old 62/ 7x0.0095 combo on full wiretap, it's nice to be capped.  Also, I cruise around 10 psi of boost usually, so the fuel savings are real

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is their any way to adjust idle timing? I have sac 7.010 injectors and I'm getting a pretty fair amount of white-ish haze at idle (hope that's normal?).... and I was thinking of I could add a degree or two of timing, at idle to offset the pop pressure and higher amount of fuel load, then maybe it would clean it up a little.

1 hour ago, 01dodge24v5.9 said:

Is their any way to adjust idle timing? I have sac 7.010 injectors and I'm getting a pretty fair amount of white-ish haze at idle (hope that's normal?).... and I was thinking of I could add a degree or two of timing, at idle to offset the pop pressure and higher amount of fuel load, then maybe it would clean it up a little.

i haze pretty bad with my 7x12's

does anybody have dyno numbers with the quad? i am pretty impressed with what i put down. 

527hp and 1072tq. i guess other guys who have dynoed before said this dyno was reading 50-100hp lower than what other dynos they used said. 

on the street/track i dont get any kind of breaking up, but on my 2 dyno pulls right at the last second it popped a few times before the run was over. in my data logs my timing always maxes out at 30*, but like i said, never does it on the street really

Edited by cumminsVP2001