• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Installed a Nations alternator - results

7 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

@ who knows the answer.

So this AC noise effects torque converter directly, or does it affect ECM PCM and then it affects torque converter ? Just curious

Technically it affects every electrical component in the truck. The most vital parts are the ones it affects most though. (ECM, PCM, PSG)

• Like 3

Definitely Mechman builds a quality unit.....  But just in case you didnt already know, with that unit you'll have to run a smaller belt length because they most likely use a smaller pulley to spin up the shaft RPM's, and you'll have to change the lead wire from the alternator because its not going to be large enough for that amount of amperage. :thumbup2:

6 hours ago, KATOOM said:

Definitely Mechman builds a quality unit.....  But just in case you didnt already know, with that unit you'll have to run a smaller belt length because they most likely use a smaller pulley to spin up the shaft RPM's, and you'll have to change the lead wire from the alternator because its not going to be large enough for that amount of amperage. :thumbup2:

yeah the belt thing i knew but the lead wire i didnt. That isnt an issue to do though. thank for the heads up mang!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
14 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Their not the same.

99  OEM #56027221AB (DENSO) 136 amp

99  OEM #562839 (BOSCH) 136 amp

01-02  OEM #56027221AD (ALL 5.9L Cummins diesel)

Dang, they're not showing any in stock for mine unless I'm wanting to fork out almost $700 for their high output one.

On 2/24/2017 at 3:08 PM, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

if i ever get the money, ill be getting one of these seeing i have a lot of lighting and a 16.5 warn winch, it pulls a lot of power...

http://www.mechman.com/alternators/dodge/full-size-truck/5-9l-diesel/1988-2002/s-series-6-phase-320-amp-alternator-for-early-cummins/

I havr6run the mechman for a while, great unit

• 6 months later...

Those of you who have installed the Nations 180 amp alternator, did you replace the factory 140 amp fuse with a higher amperage fuse or modify the wiring in any way? All the alternator talk going on has piqued my curiosity on whether the factory fuse and wiring can handle the moderate increase in amperage (180) vs the major boost like W-T's 270 amp alternator.

If I can read between the lines, I believe you haven't put your grid heaters on a switch or disconnected them altogether. Now that you've had the Nations alternator on for over a year, are there any comments or complaints about it, especially as it pertains to starts in cold weather?

• Staff
3 hours ago, Bafazane said:

Those of you who have installed the Nations 180 amp alternator, did you replace the factory 140 amp fuse with a higher amperage fuse or modify the wiring in any way? All the alternator talk going on has piqued my curiosity on whether the factory fuse and wiring can handle the moderate increase in amperage (180) vs the major boost like W-T's 270 amp alternator.

Talking with W-T today he said you don't because the grids run directly off the battery.

Edited by JAG1