• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mean While on Hoth....

11 hours ago, KATOOM said:

We actually got a few inches of snow this year already.  Nothing to write home about and it only sticks for a day or two, but its sure fun to see my kids get excited.

Its kind of a good thing we dont get very much snow around here either because people cant seem to drive when there's white stuff on the ground.  Cal Trans literally shuts I-5 down north of Redding every time we get anything more than rain falling from the sky.

And I'm not sure I want any of the fat tweakers running around in bikinis either..... :ahhh:

When you have 9 grandchildren nobody notices you looking at the "fat tweakers", for the most part anyway.

8 hours ago, AH64ID said:

It looks like we're pushing 6" so far. The Boise airport has the most snow on the ground since 1985!! And it's still coming down. 

No school for the kids today so it's about to be quad hookie-bobbin time!

Quad hookie-bobbing time????? This hillbilly aint sure what that means.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

Dragging the sled behind the quad.  Drifts are 2'+ and got stuck a few times but the kids had a blast!

gotcha!! In my younger days we called that grabbing the bumper of a passing car on the snow covered street. Of course my parents were'nt looking at the time. 

apparently Colorado Springs has a different classification of Hoth than me.  

I can currently still see my grass, less than 1" on the ground, and all schools are closed and the local new station has "weather watch!" on all morning......

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I can currently still see my grass, less than 1" on the ground, and all schools are closed and the local new station has "weather watch!" on all morning......

Ha Ha yeah here if there is 3 feet of snow on the roads they announce rural buses are running a couple hours late. Unless the visibility is really bad blizzard conditions and or combined with extreme cold then schools are on, has to be pretty bad to close schools down.

14 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Well safety first you can't have people out in those deadly conditions...

We had a two hour delay on Tuesday because the county roads still had 12" of snow on them. What did it take to call off school up in I. Falls?

31 minutes ago, Wild and Free said:

Whats funny is they will shut down the big city schools before the rural schools.:doh:

City people.  

Farm kids are like, well, i had to get up and do xyz chores anyway... might as well go to school and see my friends.  

• Like 1

Pretty much sums it up, Rural folks will go through purgatory to get their kids several miles to a main road to meet the school bus where town kids are endangering life and limb if they have to walk 6 blocks in the elements lol.

Edited by Wild and Free

The weather is seemingly kicking everyones behind.....

Example, we're supposed to get a severe downpour over the next few days.  The snow level is dropping down low and then a few days later, raising way up to 7000.  With all that warm rain melting the fresh snow, that means its going to flood for sure.

• Staff
55 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

60 degrees F: Southern Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in North Dakota sunbathe

Correction: It's 52 degrees F for Southern Californians to start shivering.  People start wearing winter coats when it gets below 60° F. 

36 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Correction: It's 52 degrees F for Southern Californians to start shivering.  People start wearing winter coats when it gets below 60° F. 

It was mid 50's in november the first couple days we were in Florida and they were dressed like we would for sub zero with wind, was funny as heck, wife and i had long sleeve shirts on.

It is relative to the season as well. First month few weeks of winter and it feels cold but in a few weeks when it will hit 10* no wind and sun we will all be so acclimated to the cold you will definitely see t-shirts, Shorts and flip flops once it hits mid 20's to 30 ish is normal after sub zero temps for a few weeks.

• Like 1