• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla display project

Marcus2000monster

9 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

You're right I haven't! Beskdes I do t have a phone to tinker with, I just throw mine in a mount and call her good.

They do sell some cheap chineseum phones at wally world that run android for like $30. My fiancee loves those phones. Refuses to get anything more expensive/nice LOL.

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Paid only $280 for my LG G5 unlock phone.

Then MoparMom's LG G4 unlock phone was $180. 

I'll never pay big price tags on a phone...

iPhone lovers will shell out $1400 for a brand new one right when it comes out just to say they have the new phone :doh:

4 hours ago, jigabop said:

I use an old Samsung Galaxy S4 I set up to boot up when I start the truck automatically, and it auto-launches the quadzilla app, and it auto-shuts down when I turn the key off. I leave it in the truck 24/7.

O.K. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and want to do the same.  I have been researching Apps to turn the tablet on and off when connected to charger.  Is that what you used?  Educate me please.

TIA

Michael

• Owner
15 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

My app worked best if I just let it run 24/7 365.  

I got to say it should be revisited. With all my bluetooth devices. My bluetooth earbuds, bluetooth stereo, Bluetooth OBDII etc.

iQuad app is the only app that sits there and struggles for connection. I can be up stairs and find out I left my earbuds turned on because there is no sound. Walk near my truck with my phone and the ignition turned on it automagically switches to the stereo for a phone call. 

iQuad. No connection. No connection. restart, No connection. Restart no connection. It's the app for sure. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not saying it's not, but If I just left the app on and let it do it's thing it connected automatically on the 1st try %95 of the time.  

something in the app in the reconnect cycle code is causing the issue, but it only seems to be an issue if you mess with it lol.   

15 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I got to say it should be revisited. With all my bluetooth devices. My bluetooth earbuds, bluetooth stereo, Bluetooth OBDII etc.

iQuad app is the only app that sits there and struggles for connection. I can be up stairs and find out I left my earbuds turned on because there is no sound. Walk near my truck with my phone and the ignition turned on it automagically switches to the stereo for a phone call. 

iQuad. No connection. No connection. restart, No connection. Restart no connection. It's the app for sure. 

I'd have to agree. Even on my Android head unit, IQuad is the only device that struggles. I've tried numerous devices, phones, OBD2 Bluetooth, etc, never any problems. But IQuad is very hit and miss, and with certain versions of android on this device it wont work at all. No other device has a problem.

Maybe an extension harness to bring the Bluetooth module inside the cab would alleviate some problems, but I don't think all of them. I might just cut and splice the harness to test this theory.

Edited by kzimmer
  • Thanks 1

• Owner

Like one I do quite a bit. I've got one earbud in and listening to music. Hop out of the truck and walk around to the back side of the house to open the man door. At this point, my earbud reports back "Disconnected". Then continue to walk over open the garage door and hop back in the truck in a mere 1 second the earbud hooked back up and play music again. 

iQuad... Rather sad. Walk away with my cellphone upstairs and just a few feet away. All data stops, disconnects. Walk back upstairs in range of the truck again. Struggles to connect. Stop, restart the app multiple times. But my dumb $39 Bluetooth stereo can be heard playing my MP3 off my phone. The cheap China Made Bluetooth stereo never lost connection. 

I'm with Nick on this one, 

What I found helpful is I got a dedicated s6 for the quad that is on airplane mode and only quad linked. Seems to be working every time, very rear it struggles. 

But definitely it need some attention in the app place. Just too many people having same issues. 

Hmmm.  I don't have any issues with connection.  I always leave the app run in the background and I walk out to my truck, get in and turn the key to on and while waiting for the "Wait to Start" light to go out I pull out my phone and switch to the app and put it in the holder and most times it connects before I even start the truck if not, its right after.  

I do keep the bluetooth devices cleaned out on my phone.  I only have the Iquad, my watch, and a speaker in there.

I probably just jinxed my self... :doh:  

• 2 weeks later...

Wired connection will always be superior. No connection issues ever. 100% reliability. 

Can't wait to ditch the app cause my dedicated truck phone is squawking about sim card issues now. Every 5 minutes it wants to reboot because the sim card came loose or it can't read it, etc...another issue a dedicated wired monitor does not suffer from... lol

17 hours ago, jigabop said:

Wired connection will always be superior. No connection issues ever. 100% reliability. 

Can't wait to ditch the app cause my dedicated truck phone is squawking about sim card issues now. Every 5 minutes it wants to reboot because the sim card came loose or it can't read it, etc...another issue a dedicated wired monitor does not suffer from... lol

Try switching to Airplane Mode.  Solved my nagging tablet issues.

Michael

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2019 at 3:41 PM, int3man said:

Try switching to Airplane Mode.  Solved my nagging tablet issues.

Michael

Tried that. Still the same issues. Always have to wait for it to fail to connect, then click on the gear, click on connect to adrenaline, and click on "scan" first and wait about 10 seconds, then click on my already saved at the top iquad... it will then start loading its parameters and connect... but If I just click straight to the saved thing without hitting scan first...it fails. the mac address never changes. the thing I connect to never changes but for whatever reason it won't connect to it unless I manually click on the scan button first and give it time to try and look for other bt devices. 

considering going back to my smokey v1 programming and my v1 pulse monitor just to be done with these ridiculous connection issues and have a real monitor again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/17/2018 at 6:57 PM, int3man said:

O.K.  So I bought a Joying with an 8" screen.  The main goal was Bluetooth.  Unfortunately it only handles one Bluetooth at a time.  So I added the Samsung TabElite.  The Black Samsung in the previous photo was a Sprint device and it seemed to spend all it's time trying to connect to Sprint.  This Tab was a straight tablet and not connected to a wireless service, much smoother, plus I can use a Micro SD to transfer tunes.

So it took 3 clamp holders to find a spring loaded one that clamps in the middle of the tablet.  I did have to lace the holder to the dash to keep it from bouncing all over the place, and to get the angle correct so I can see it from the seat.  I like it so far.   I am really liking this Quadzilla V2!!

Dash Display.jpg

Did You get the Quadzilla to connect to the joying at all. I have the same setup and do not need blue tooth because I popped a sim card in it! But I cannot get the Quad to connect to it. 

12 hours ago, Westtx24v said:

Did You get the Quadzilla to connect to the joying at all. I have the same setup and do not need blue tooth because I popped a sim card in it! But I cannot get the Quad to connect to it. 

Hi Nope sorry, I didn't try as I live in a hands free state!  The tablet on airplane mode works great.