• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So I have tried searching through posts on whats recommended. Ive been considering an edge monitor or pillar guages. I'm not really sold on quad because of connectivity issues and not having another device besides my phone to use. I use phone for music and handsfree so bluetooth would be tied up anyway.

My questions with edge are; do they really monitor fuel pressure if so would it be before the injection pump where it matters? Also if it doesn't I'm assuming thats going to add to the price when you are already at 560 with monitor and EGT probe.

I was also looking into diesel manor guage sets because they seemed pretty comprehensive but reviews leave me hesitant.

SO what I'm really after are what do YOU use in your setup? How does it work for you? I also have not gone the tuning route yet because I don't feel like I have enough supporting mods to make that worthwhile yet which is why I have not considered tuning packages with monitors.

Thank you in advance!!

My first gauges were part of a Banks system I installed. All was fine until the tuner crapped out and I lost the gauges too. So I added stand alone FP, EGT, and Boost. I run a Comp now and need the gauges. Would like to go to a Quad in the future but will keep the gauges. The biggest draw back to Edge is bigger than stock injectors will get smokey and you dont have a way to tune the smoke out. 

The Quad and the others are ok for gauges but its hard to beat a quality gauge set. They tend to be more accurate than something that reads a factory sensor. I like them for back up gauges and recently my Quad alerted me to a dying MAP sensor.  I prefer Autometer and have the Cobalts in this truck. Easiest gauge i found to read day or night if that makes sense. 

If you want an Isspro EV2 fuel pressure gauge i have one used i need to sell. 

I get by with pillar Autometer gauges and without a Quad and make lots of reliable power.  I agree that the Quad is a better system...but it could also be more troublesome as well for those that aren't as savvy.  I went with the Smarty/TST Comp stack because of its simplicity and reliability and also because of its documented power potential.  I haven't ever had one problem with it having the stack for 7 years now...still on original VP44 too. 

• Owner

Down my a-pillar I've got boost 0-60 PSI, Fuel pressure 0-30 PSI and EGT's 0-1,600*F. Then Trans temp on the column. All gauges are ISSPro EV2 and programmed all the warning light for proper values. Boost gauge is set for 45 PSI. Fuel pressure is set for 13 PSI and the EGT's are set for 1,200*F. Then the Trans Temp is set for 220*F. No longer do you have to watch gauges I can tell by location of the warning light what to do without looking.

• Owner
On 2/11/2020 at 1:26 AM, Dodgeguy24valve said:

I'm not really sold on quad because of connectivity issues and not having another device besides my phone to use. I use phone for music and handsfree so bluetooth would be tied up anyway.

So do I. 

• Bluetooth connection to my stereo / handfree
  • Bluetooth connection to my Quadzilla

Work great. The bluetooth connection now since I upgraded from LG G5 to Samsung S10 has greatly improved. Just a few hiccups but working better than my old LG G5 phone was. Handles handfree calls at the same time handling Quadzilla. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

17973_224783750492_4698822_n.jpg.d442c93958738135ddaed35f2f76b18f.jpg

I have had my Dainin DiProcols for years. And I love them. Top is egt, then trans temp, followed by fuel pressure on the A-Pillar, I also have a 0-35psi boost gauge on the steering column. 

They match the truck exactly. I even tapped into the stock wiring so they all dim and brighten in unison.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

17973_224783750492_4698822_n.jpg.d442c93958738135ddaed35f2f76b18f.jpg

I have had my Dainin DiProcols for years. And I love them. Top is egt, then trans temp, followed by fuel pressure on the A-Pillar, I also have a 0-35psi boost gauge on the steering column. 

They match the truck exactly. I even tapped into the stock wiring so they all dim and brighten in unison.

I like the look of those. I have some AutoMeter Ultralite would replace them but have more pressing issues, need to get one of those 2 gauge tops for the steering column for Air Pressure/ Trans Temp

• Owner

Gauge wise, I still love the ISSPro EV2. Like last night I didn't grab my cellphone to the fire call. Quadzilla ran like normal but headless, no display to look at. ISSPro's cover me with boost, pyro, fuel pressure and trans temp. I love the idea I've got the red warning light programmed for the limits I want.

Boost is 0 to 60 PSI gauge and got the boost limit set for above 44 PSI.

Fuel Pressure is 0 to 30 PSI gauge and got the limit set for below 14 PSI.

EGT's is 0 to 1,600 gauge and got the limit set for above 1,200F.

Trans Temp is 100 to 320 gauge and got the limit set for above 220F.

Now I don't even watch the gauges but I can tell but location of the red light what I need to do. Wonderful design.

I want to catch up with @Chris O. and see if there is a way to wire into the check gages and chime. So if the red light pop on any ISSPro then the check gage light will pop and chime too. Dreamin' but maybe its possible. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

My Edge came with a fuel pressure sensor, didn't cost any extra, it also came with an extra temp sensor that I haven't installed.  I was thinking of using it for engine oil temp. I already had an FP gauge but installed the Edge sensor as well so I get readings from the pump and just before the VP.  I've also been running a set of Glow shift gauges for 5 years now with no issues